ADVERTISEMENT

Allstate

In the next 2 weeks I guess.

Here's mine - based on teams I saw more than one time (need at least twice to be fair).

First

Donte - Sals (POY)
Dixon - Sanford
Allen - Dover
Kearney - Mount
Gray - Polytech

Second

Malloy - Concord
Money - St E
Sykes - Suss Tech
Mallory - Polytech
Henriquez - Wm Penn

What I find interesting/debatable about BB's selections. Kearney from MTP on first team and not Burnett on either. Gray on first team with Mallory on second - most would probably have that the other way. Henriquez and 2nd team and no Cale.

I only saw Cale one time so I can't really tell about him. They got beat by 30 to Concord. No one on Appo impressed me that night obviously. Not saying he's not worthy.

Saw Mount 7 times. Liked Kearney's blue collar game. Very consistent. Burnett I think a bit overrated. Terrific passer. Needs to work on shot.

Gray / Malloy was a coin flip.

I agree with 8yaz. Although burnett performed nothing like an all state player in the playoffs, the jury is out on him. No way gray makes first over his teammate.

Burnett had a rough playoffs (shooting) but u can't take away from what he did all year led that team to 22-3 record I jus did his point log this is every game this year in order... Pts 21, 30, 26, 24, 14, 15, 21, 21, 18,18, 8 , 22 ,19, 26, 25, 14, 22, 12 (games winner vs hodgson), 14, 10 ... Playoffs 24, 7, 12
If that's not 1st team all state what is. I agree jumpshot does need work it's not consistent enought but he has games where he doesn't miss and the kid see floor like no other player he's a real pg... And he was boxed and 1 all year long ...Btw he's only a Jr he has another year lol

This post was edited on 3/16 10:37 AM by Lomcfly

Burnett had a GREAT season!!! All State cant be judged by last 2 games of season.
The class of 2016 top 4-5 players are special (some very explosive offensive players).
2017 will be one of the BEST Del. classes of all time.

1st
Donte
Dixon
Allen
Money
Mallory

2nd
Burnett
Cale
Gray
Sykes
Turner

3rd
Malloy
Ennis
Ayala
Bonner
Clark or Curry from st e

First

Donte - Sals (POY)
Dixon
Allen
Burnett
Gray

Second

Kearney
Money
Sykes
Mallory
Henriquez

Third

Malloy
Ennis
Ayala
Revelle
Curry

I struggle putting Allen on the first team. People base too much on points. I put Shane Clarke Sallies on the third team. Kid played great all year.

Allen does everything for his team rebounds steals and big plays. check him out next year he's a great leader he just happens to be a good scorer along with everything else he might not get 1st team this year but base off of his season alone he's easily a top 5 player this year I would only take Donte over him personal but I respect Mikey Dixon and what he did this year with a tough schedule so he might get the edge over Allen but not by much

Great highlight video if you haven't seen the kid play you will appreciate him more hafter this video he's been a beast all year from start to finish

Wait did he just say he'd take Jordan allen over mikey Dixon? Jordan is good, and will have a great year next year I guarantee, and even be in the POY talks but mikey was on another level THIS year.

If you put Jordan Allen on Sanford this year they would won state! Dover's coaching is not good at all! Stan coaching would take Allen's game to another level

If you put Jordan Allen on any of the top ten teams in the state they could win it.....lol.... Seriously if you put Jordan on the team with Dixon, Ayala anyone could coach that team Doghead!!. Dover coaching is the not the issue...because the majority of the losses came from poor shooting from Free throw line. They lost to Polytech by 4 points and 2 points....Both of those games they were13/28 one game and 16/33. Free throw shooting was not good. Very little to do with coaching...make the freebies young fellas!

Facts! Couchquill. Again Ima downstate guy but I made a point to see Sanford, sallies, st. Elizabeth at least 4 times this year.saw dover 6 times and coached against them once this season. Jordan is great but mikey Dixon is different. They will battle it out for POY next year.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT