ADVERTISEMENT

Archmere & Delaware Military Acadamy

laxdeusa

moving up to Varsity
Apr 12, 2008
The Auks and Del Mil Acad have really been putting it to teams this spring. I have not seen them play yet. Are they the real deal? How will they do when they meet up with Tower Hill? I also think the Auks play Cape. Any insight or opinions?

Both have taken care of business but have weak schedules.. The only team of note DMA beat was Caravel and Caravel is not looking good and I believe was missing Shriner and Laznik that game... AUKS smashed St Marks but ST Marks doesnt seem to have as good a team this year either,.

In real talk DE as whole looks down and so yes these team have as good a chance as any to make the semi's.. but in all honesty Cape is in a rebuild year and it is pretty much all Sallies this year.. point being Its going to be hard to judge with their schedules but I believe they both beat Tower Hill. DMA has been building a solid program and if I were to pick a Final today I would say Sallies vs DMA but Sallies will win easily

This year its

Sallies

(huge Gap)

and then lump

CR, Arch, DMA , Tower Hill, Cape and maybe Appo together

and then Milford as an outlier

HUGE GAP

But we thought that last year, too, until Cape closed the gap with a thud.

Opinions are great, but DMA in the State Championship? They have steadily improved, but their first 8 games were/are against opponents who are a combined 17-21. We will all know more about DMA in the next few weeks as they play consecutive games against Tower Hill, Friends, Archmere and Appoquinimink.

Yeah I agree. We talk every year about this huge gap and some years Sallies looses. They, without a doubt have more talent and more depth than any other team, but that's to be expected of a team in a school with an all male attendance. More than likely Sallies will win it again this year but there is the off chance someone pulls an upset.

Tower Hill at Archmere today. This is the first team on the Auks schedule that can give them a legitimate test. Looking forward to the game.

Very competitive game ....Tower Hill Wins by a goal 14-13. The Auks weak schedule hurt them in this game as the Hillers already played in 3 games that were decided by 2 goals or less. Winning 14-1, 18-0 game in and game out does not prepare you for the close games.

And how about Saint Marks over CR 18 to 7? Is that right? I did not see that one coming.

CR over Saint Marks 18 -7. First quarter was close, but CR pulled away in the 2nd and there wasn't much doubt as to the outcome after that..

Why is that a surprise? St. Marks has always had a solid program, but have only won a single game this year to a team with a loosing record. Their losses are against the top programs in the state, which in the years past they have kept them competitive while this year getting blown out.

I don't know that anyone was surprised, laxdeusa thought that St. Marks won which would have been surprising. Not sure about Sals but I think everyone lost a bunch of seniors from last year including CR. It's the normal ebb and flow.

You are correct bootindad. LaxPower originally posted the same score but with Saint Marks as the victor

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT