ADVERTISEMENT

Bad news for Cape.. Rickards quits...

Wow that's awful news for Cape. Hard to believe the young man quit like that. Hopefully he gives it another shot good player.

Y'all need to stop these rumors. He could of had a bad day, apologies the next day and back on the team. That town is not letting that happen and they think they can win it this year.

Reactions: theWILL2WIN
I hope it is a rumor, not wishing anything bad for the kid I hope he does rejoin the team. He's an outstanding talent. However, even if he did rejoin the team nobody thinks they can win it still anyways haha.

Reactions: hoopsdownstate
Wow that's awful news for Cape. Hard to believe the young man quit like that. Hopefully he gives it another shot good player.
Word is big
Y'all need to stop these rumors. He could of had a bad day, apologies the next day and back on the team. That town is not letting that happen and they think they can win it this year.
Rumars...lol.. 100% true.... Cant win nothing with that coach..

I wouldn't say their season is in trouble just because he's gone, NEXT MAN UP.
From what I have seen is that a young player who does a lot of pouting and cussing out coaches and teammates. Besides the CR game, he hasn't show me much. During the tournament he averaged more turnovers than rebounds/points.
Me personally I think it's only for a game or two, something didn't go his way and he is having a Grayson Allen temper tantrum.
Maybe we will see if Coach Re can really coach???

I
I wouldn't say their season is in trouble just because he's gone, NEXT MAN UP.
From what I have seen is that a young player who does a lot of pouting and cussing out coaches and teammates. Besides the CR game, he hasn't show me much. During the tournament he averaged more turnovers than rebounds/points.
Me personally I think it's only for a game or two, something didn't go his way and he is having a Grayson Allen temper tantrum.
Maybe we will see if Coach Re can really coach???
I agree with Allen comment... Lol..

I

I agree with Allen comment... Lol..

Yes, not the first time a teenage male loses control of his emotions. Hope he settles, rejoins team, works on his game, and gets recruited! Hope his coach has the maturity to let him back and be a be a mentor to him!!! All is not lost....

Yes, not the first time a teenage male loses control of his emotions. Hope he settles, rejoins team, works on his game, and gets recruited! Hope his coach has the maturity to let him back and be a be a mentor to him!!! All is not lost....
Smryna coach has big time problem with Garnett and Cape has big time problems with Rickards... 2 talented kids with temper problems.. Smryna play at Cape Friday.. Very important game in North...

Reactions: basketball24/7
He's a talented kid but after watching Cape play I realized he's a ball stopper and he hurts their offense with his turnovers. Cape's offense might look better with out him against the better teams

Reactions: basketball24/7
Smryna coach has big time problem with Garnett and Cape has big time problems with Rickards... 2 talented kids with temper problems.. Smryna play at Cape Friday.. Very important game in North...

Coaches must have some culpability, at least in RR's case. Yes he carries a temper but has been able to play AAU for years. Cant coach every kid the same, need to find a way that works for each kid. Coach K talked about working with and through his issues with G Allen after his immature/ childish game antics...

Reactions: hoopsdownstate
Coaches must have some culpability, at least in RR's case. Yes he carries a temper but has been able to play AAU for years. Cant coach every kid the same, need to find a way that works for each kid. Coach K talked about working with and through his issues with G Allen after his immature/ childish game antics...
Why are the coaches always to blame? When the kid is playing AAU he is not representing his school. If the athlete is acting like a selfish, immature, the coach has to discipline him and try to help him understand he represents his school and the importance of being a team player.

His attitude has been an on going issue, so the only reason the coach is to blame would be his should have put a stop to it sooner. Now it's a problem.
RR was taking as twice as many shots as everyone else on the team, so he should be the teams leading scorer.

No. We need someone to post stupid stuff. For example, his Appo prediction...

No. We need someone to post stupid stuff. For example, his Appo prediction...
You act like Mount a great team.. Please... I just thought Całe could of carried his team on his back . but he didnt.. Mount not nowhere near that good... Love to see them in Cape go at it again.... Cape match up Easy..

AAU is the problem. It is ruining the game of basketball. No fundamentals, no footwork and no TEAM. What happened to Together Everyone Achieves More? Sad sad day to be a hoops fan.

Glad to see Cape scrapped out a Win. Maybe the young man will see he isn't bigger than the team. Cudos to the coach for putting his foot down. I believe the player will be better. Maybe nit today or tomorrow but he will look back and say coach made me better when he didnt allow me to play.

I still say Cape needs to press and play more of an uptempo style. Try to get easy buckets in transition. Let your defense get you some easy buckets. Barnes is tough in the open court. Did well posting up vs Milford too. Could be a force in the post vs smaller guards.

I heard they did push the rock tonight but still no full court pressure.

Is Allen on jv? Saw him this summer with a team from Delaware (not sure if it was a Dover team) he was good. Played with another kid, a small guard who could shoot the rock from deep.

Is Allen on jv? Saw him this summer with a team from Delaware (not sure if it was a Dover team) he was good. Played with another kid, a small guard who could shoot the rock from deep.

Yes Allen is on jv and he very much so should be on varsity with his fellow freshman guards...he definitely puts up a stat line during jv games

Dover does have good guard play for both being freshman. If both continue to improve could be scary in a few years. Allen is on JV now getting the reps he needs he'll be up with the big boys in no time.

Randy did quit it wasn't bad info but he is a baby and with his attitude in today's game it really is sad to see the game I love being treated this way. He isn't the only kid with this attitude but he has a history and it clearly wasn't taken care of even last year when he went to cape.

You right...i just come from that Dover High Pat Kelly era...just is a shame how far we got away from his fundamentals play sets and 4 quarters of hell press! Miss those days...Bring back Coach Kelly!

Reactions: Chesdel
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT