ADVERTISEMENT

Best Programs / Worst Programs & Why (girls)

I would throw Caravel in there. Conrad only been good for the last two years.

Maybe the better term for worst would be underachieving programs for those who have some talent but don't get it done.

William Penn
Dover
AI
Dickerson
Glasgow

Teams who have some athletes and decent enrollment that should be better.

Honestly, I don't think it's fair to call programs the worst because quite frankly, the game has changed for high school sports, especially impacting girls basketball. There are more options now and the very best players who would've gone to public schools are going to private schools to win. Charter schools, vo-techs and privates can pick and choose and that's why they're usually the competitive ones. Public schools just don't have the numbers anymore.

Honestly, I don't think it's fair to call programs the worst because quite frankly, the game has changed for high school sports, especially impacting girls basketball. There are more options now and the very best players who would've gone to public schools are going to private schools to win. Charter schools, vo-techs and privates can pick and choose and that's why they're usually the competitive ones. Public schools just don't have the numbers anymore.

Ok let start with Padua, their private why do they under perform? Will the new coach make a difference?

Padua doesn't have the drawing card of a Val Whiting or an Elena DelleDonne that Ursuline has. When Coach Armstrong took them to final fours and a state title, some of it had to do with a rare down period for UA, a slightly more competitive public school era and the fact that Padua had a little diversity on the squad.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT