ADVERTISEMENT

Best youth football organizations ?

Laurel's pop warner program used to give the Dover-CR Raiders fits, very well run program

In my experience, most youth football organizations in Delaware are pretty good. The problems arise with coaching.. Most youth football head coaches are there primarily to make sure their kid is the star of the team, usually at QB. I had a coach lie right to my face when I asked if QB was open for competition. His kid wanted to play RB, but the father forced him into QB. There are exceptions to the rule, of course. But, for the most part, if your kid wants to play QB, be ready to be a coach.

CYM is not what it used to be . The CYM as a whole needs to be re-vamped it needs to be restructured, its rules , weights etc. It might as well be a flag football league. I grew up playing CYM , I coached, and I have watched from the stands it defintiley needs to be changed its rules and policies . Make it be competitive like it used to be .

84 I am sure you will know who I am by my name and the fact that I am an 85 CR alum.
Not quite sure about you as of yet but will figure it out, I think!
Anyway, I have been a coach for the DCR Raiders for a number of years now so your post has really sparked my curiosity.
We like to think of ourselves as being one of the best in the state as we now field 7 teams as well as a cheer program that has won
a National Championship.
My team this past year won tthe Eastern Regionals going 12-0 with convincing wins over state champs from PA, MD, NJ, and NY.
Our conference is in Division 3, that was as far as we could go!

@Whitey10, my son played for the DCR Raiders a couple of years when Kellie was the team mom...I was very impressed with both smyrna & laurel as far as there play calling and discipline on both sides of the ball, I remember talking to Dan Hines, who told me both of those programs excel at the pop warner type level. They also had a lot of community involvement, the games were a big draw fan wise. No doubt DCR is a great program and the current group of coaches and kids are doing well, if you read my posts, I try not to blow the CR trumpet to much, alot of young guys read these posts and try not to add fuel to the locker room fire. As my screen name suggests, i am and will always bleed blue and gold. as to who i am, i was the starting guard on the 84championship bb team and wore your screen name number, thanks

I think I gotcha now! Yea I would say that Smyrna and Laurel always have good turnouts and, like you said, their communities def. back them. Delmar has a nice program as well.
Kellie was the president when I came on board about 6 years ago. Then Rob Mason,who now coaches at Polytech, took over and really got things rolling as far as growth. We now have, off the top of my head, about 250 kids between football and cheer.

awesome job 250 kids involved in any program speaks volumes, good luck next season and keep up the good work
Image.ashx

Thank you sir. We are possibly adding another football team next year.
That's another 30 or so. The best thing is that 118 of those kids are
Carl Walls award winners, which means they have a GPA of 92 or better

Wilmington Soldiers was an all time Delaware great in terms of youth football and all the cheating rumors were fake news always had birth certificates always fair people just can't accept greatness sometimes

Smyrna’s pop warner program has been pretty good for 20+ years. It was always odd to the people in town that the youth teams always won yet the high school teams always sucked prior to recent years...with a few exception years.

Smyrna’s pop warner program always had coaches that were there for fairly long periods of time and typically didn’t have children on the teams. It was nice because it felt unbiased. A lot of parents cried like Nurse Designo is now but not as bad.

And just to be fair, Middletown has a great youth program then and now but they were kicked out of henlopen years ago for cheating...not surprising because that’s what they’re known for. Cheating and ugly women.

And laurel’s youth program was always great. They also seemed to have the same coaches year after year. That’s because us southerners are invested in our communities. People up north like Designo RN just care about their kid so they coach to help them out and then quit.

POP Warner sucks Weight based leagues with older but lighter kids in the skills are a joke... MOT has it right age based not weight,,That is what produces High School players

Reactions: CHS89 and Bucsnot
Now orgs like Kent County Stallions, Delaware Ducks or Willmington Titans are the best as far as future talent. No disrespect to DCWR or POP Warner teams but they get the chance to play against top talent on the East Coast. Just google teams like Maryland Seahawks or Baltimore Jakel's expecially at the 12 to 14U level those teams would clown stop any Pop Warner, CYO or MOT youth team.

Don't like it but youth football is fast going the way of AAU model with travel elite teams that feed into a HS if you don't believe me watch Tatnell in 3-4 yrs, I called if first.

Now orgs like Kent County Stallions, Delaware Ducks or Willmington Titans are the best as far as future talent. No disrespect to DCWR or POP Warner teams but they get the chance to play against top talent on the East Coast. Just google teams like Maryland Seahawks or Baltimore Jakel's expecially at the 12 to 14U level those teams would clown stop any Pop Warner, CYO or MOT youth team.

Don't like it but youth football is fast going the way of AAU model with travel elite teams that feed into a HS if you don't believe me watch Tatnell in 3-4 yrs, I called if first.
Fbu football is the real deal!! It’s the reason marshawn loyd is at dematha, the kids get exposure

POP Warner sucks Weight based leagues with older but lighter kids in the skills are a joke... MOT has it right age based not weight,,That is what produces High School players

Oh I totally agree that the weight thing is stupid and they’re excluding a lot of kids...but it’s what a lot of areas have. I don’t think there’s any other option in Smyrna for kids by in 7-8 grade where we have a middle school team.

The infiltration unit of DMA youth football is by far the most elite. Teaches kids how to beat the other team from the inside out. After graduating if you can they go on a 5 year mission starting in the 7th or 8th grade playing for other teams that are on DMA schedule. They have to blend in win starting positions that effect the game. QB RB center back up QB. Usually they work in groups of three to coordinate their efforts when trying to influence the out come of a game. They must try and win when not playing DMA to avoid detection. When they do play DMA the are instructed to do anything and everything to bring home the win for DMA. It’s pretty intense. Its also a rather new program this will be the first full year of a graduating class. Meaning we now have infiltrated every in state team at the highest level in their senior classes
DMA we are one

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT