ADVERTISEMENT

Biggest Girls basketball upsets in Delaware history

Passshootpass

Mascot
Feb 17, 2019
Biggest Girls basketball upsets in Delaware history. List other games you remember.

2014-15 Quarterfinals Sussex Central beats heavily favored Sanford 58-40.

2015-16 Round of 16 and probably the biggest upset of all time. Not sure what seeds each team were but I believe St. Elizabeth’s was the #1 or #2 seed. Upstart Conrad w/ several 8th graders and underclass men rally from back from a 20 pt deficit to beat St. Elizabeth’s 57-55

Biggest Girls basketball upsets in Delaware history. List other games you remember.

2014-15 Quarterfinals Sussex Central beats heavily favored Sanford 58-40.

2015-16 Round of 16 and probably the biggest upset of all time. Not sure what seeds each team were but I believe St. Elizabeth’s was the #1 or #2 seed. Upstart Conrad w/ several 8th graders and underclass men rally from back from a 20 pt deficit to beat St. Elizabeth’s 57-55
I'm not sure how the Sussex Central win makes the list when Sussex Central had (2) 1st Team All State players. I would agree that Sanford was the favorite coming off of winning the state championship the year before but Sanford had lost their best player to graduation from that championship team. Upset yes, among the biggest in Delaware history does a disservice to Hudson & Pritchett (1st Team All State Selections) and the entire Sussex Central team.

Now I definitely remember the Conrad/St Elizabeth game and I agree that this is probably the biggest upset in recent memory.

Central was a REALLY good team and Sanford got caught sleeping, a rarity for them.

No way Conrad should've beat St. E's that year, so that's the bigger upset.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT