ADVERTISEMENT

Blue&Gold Game

Blue team looks to have the advantage based upon my recollection of the rosters. I would be surprised- and gratified- if the Gold team is able to come away with a W. Of course, is not all about the rosters and not every player that gets selected participates. Sometimes selectees have to play baseball or are restricted by college scholarship offers.

An interesting match-up will be Golds big Rb's vs Blue's strong LBing corps.. also will be interesting when Campbell is in for Gold and they take to the air..

A few observations from Blue team practice the past couple of days.
Nocket from Archmere is really athletic
Blue OL is huge and really getting after one another - 1 on 1's was a sight to behold
Lil rooster is one tough kid - has the look
Speed to burn with Jones, Carroll, Alleyene, Henderson...
Coach Dooley skinned his knee and had to be seen by the team doc!!!
It's been a joy to watch the kids and coaches get after it and can't wait to see the game. You coming to the scrimmage tomorrow rr2?

I'll be there... fyi.. he's not lilrooster anymore.. he is lilsquanto now lol

Last edited:
went to the Blue scrimmage tonight.. Blue team looks tight.. loved all the brotherhood shown. coaching looks great as well...Blue O-Line is a machine...The "Big Blue Machine" fits them well

Ikey I hear you.. I have been to the last two BG games and was emotionally moved even with my Son not playing.. Its a great event and I am just glad E has gotten a chance to participate and from all accounts he is having a great experience...

Ikey I hear you.. I have been to the last two BG games and was emotionally moved even with my Son not playing.. Its a great event and I am just glad E has gotten a chance to participate and from all accounts he is having a great experience...
What's your sons name ravensrooster2 so I can watch n cheer I played in 92 for Blue it's a great game

Blue won 8-6. My unsung MVP was 14 from Charter who was a alternate for Matt Oliver whom was injured. Robbie Johnston played awesome at corner particularly vs the run....

Great lesson for future Blue-Gold players that it doesn't matter what school or division your from.. If you come to camp ready to compete you can earn your your spot.. Robbie may not have the rep, size or stature of some of the more known players but he is just a damn good football player who played big all weak.. Great job young man..

Last edited:
Shout out to Elijah Ralph #74 from Howard whom beat the Gold's center on the two point try and made first contact on Kane before Badson #55 Caravel and a host of others joined in to stuff the play sealing the win for Blue... Elijah's win and "great technique" on the play made it it happen.. great play young man..

Last edited:
More props to give...Logan Wescott #3 from Woodbridge on Gold.. As good an athlete/player as any on Blue.. I am curious why he didn't play some QB and run some read option or single wing with him and T Selby.. IMO it would have been just as dangerous as Jones and Carroll.. anyhow it was fun to watch him play finally.. great player

Many of the Blue players thought #14 should have gotten the MVP also. He earned much respect from his peers and anyone that saw him play. However tough to argue with Henderson as he had 2 of the biggest plays in the game - the TD and the hit on Carrolls long run. Plus he was wide open on the double pass that was overthrown. Exciting game all and all and wonder if any team at any level has ever won a game with 7 turnovers and probably more than a dozen penalties???

Rr my son said your boy and the other caravel players and wm penn playets were the most fun and hard working players. i know its mostly about the buddy relationship. But the friendships these players who were previously opponents developed is amazing. My boy said he'd give up senior week for an opportunity to do BG week again. Glad to see Nocket from Archmere got some props. But like was said earlier. My boy and some others thought #14 was the real MVP

E shared all the same sentiments. He had a great time with all the guys.. Even the HVT ones LOL

SO what do we Dads do now? :(

@rr2
We road trip. Coach Reed will be expecting us at Delmar. And I know you're not gonna miss the STG v. Penn game. Gotta fill out the rest of the schedule... still cracks me up how tight the HVT and CA kids are with each other.

And hit as many of the kids' college games as possible - our kids and the others we've watched and gotten to know. A great group this year. It will be great to see how they grow.

@WoodenStick
That's part of my plan. Gonna definitely hit a Wesley game for the first time ever as they really got a haul of DE kids. Also I told Chavis from HVT that if he sees playing time at Millersville I'd be up for a game. And now that my son got tight with Robinson (CA) and Warren ( Sals), Shippensburg is another possibility. Maybe the Sheperd/Ship game as quite a few STM kids are at Sheperd. The possibilities are endless...

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT