ADVERTISEMENT

Blue&Gold

RR

I agree that when you talk about the character of the players selected for the game, you would think that participating in the hand in hand program would be a natural extension of it. There are some young men that don't feel they can commit to the buddy aspect.
I have seen two reasons that a few players don't participate, outside commitments and fear. The first is self explanatory. The second is much more difficult to quantify. I will use my son as an example. When he was selected, I asked him when he would be meeting his buddy. I was very surprised when he responded that he didn't think he would be participating in the program. When I asked him why, he said he didn't know if he could be comfortable around a special needs child. I explained to my son how important it was for the child and would only take a few scheduled events. I suggested that he go over and just meet the child before he made up his mind. My son hesitantly agreed and the rest is history. Five years later they are still buddies and my son has learned a great deal about himself as well as others. The statement that the player gets more out of it then their buddy is extremely true.

my point is that savage was by far your best player, he should be on the blue gold team.

I will always root for the Gold team ('86 Alumni) and will do so again this year, but that Blue team looks pretty good this year!

Yep- BigTru- looks like Blue got a shot, if not an out and out advantage. 4 in a row for the Gold side is gonna be tough.

The blue team looks very strong. Many of them are going off to play in college. Jones (UD), Henderson (Pitt), Freeborn (UCONN), Robinson (Millersville), and a few more that I do not know off of the top of my head.

Originally posted by BigTru:
I will always root for the Gold team ('86 Alumni) and will do so again this year, but that Blue team looks pretty good this year!

Always have rooted for Gold team('88 Alum) but I gotta switch this year for lil nuk. But I told him I'm still gonna wear my Gold team jersey to the game. lol As many have said and I agree the Hand in Hand is something all involved with the game should participate in. It was a great experience for me and I can't wait for my son to have the experience. Good luck to all and reluctantly I say Go Blue!

Nuk I am so gld you finally have seen the light and are now on the Blue Side.....Its a great game.. The Blue has a really nice staff. I hear. Since your son goes to Hodgson do you know who is on the staff.

Originally posted by HSSPORT#1:
Nuk I am so gld you finally have seen the light and are now on the Blue Side.....Its a great game.. The Blue has a really nice staff. I hear. Since your son goes to Hodgson do you know who is on the staff.
Only on the Blue Side for 1 year... after that me and the son will have to agree to disagree.
party0003.r191677.gif

Must be something with Coach Dooley as my son a former baseball player of his is excited to play football for him, even for just one game

Savage elected not to play because of his commitment to UMD and his previous risk of injury. You honestly believe he wasn't chosen! C'Mon Man!!!

Right...u know he got picked hands down..he turn it down because of risk of injury. ..might start at cornerback next year for maryland

Those decisions for athletes not to participate in all-star events often come down from the college itself. I doubt any competitive kid would elect to not play in your state's only all-star game, so it's probably his future university making this decision.

Just a thought..

So has this thread finally established that Mr. Savage was very much worthy and would have been on the roster if he was able to play in the game? I think people have beat poor Mr. Ed dead with the idea that Savage wouldn't be a member of the Blue-Gold game due to not being selected.

College that is paying your tuition says do not participate in any All-Star games...you don't play in the game. Pretty simple stuff.

Cheers,

Busch

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT