ADVERTISEMENT

Bobby Telford

AllHeart28

Getting reps on JV
Dec 1, 2009
I just wanted to reconize Bobby and his career...3 time all american (would of been a 4 time if it wasnt for his injusy his sophmore year) and over 110 career wins. Although Bobby was upset with his performance this year at the NCAA, he is one of the most decorated college wrestlers in Delaware history. Congratulations on your career Bobby, you made us all proud in Delaware as you represented our state! I know they are going to miss you in Iowa.

That now brings the All-American tally to 4 wrestlers from St. Mark's

Sheldon Thomas - 2x AA (1st & 3rd)
John Testa - 1x AA (8th)
Tommy Abbott - 2x D2 AA (5th & 1st)
Bobby Telford 3x AA (5th, 4th, 5th)

I know there are other DE wrestlers from other schools who earned AA (Jamelle Jones, Jarrod Garnett, etc.), so please feel free to add them here as I would like to know all the DE HS wrestlers who achieved one of the highest honors in our sport.

Chris Diaz I believe took 6th for VT....Connor Mcdonald 3rd (D2)....Luke Rebertus and Matt Cathell were always ranked top 15 and sometimes top 10 but never AA but had great careers...both may of had 100 career wins....IMO if Jordan Sianni and Alex Meade finished their careers they would have been AA...both were ranked top 10 as true freshman but again woulda coulda shoulda...No one else is really coming to mind as of now.

Darren Archangelo was a finalist in D2 for Salisbury I believe.
Clinton Burke was a 2xer
This post was edited on 3/24 1:08 PM by Brainski

Paul Collier from St Marks was All American while wrestling for Brown University.
Earl Walker was also an All American.

Jamelle Jones I believe was a 2X JuCo National Champion and his now delving into the sport of MMA. In his professioanl career, I believe, he is 4-2.

In the past 10 years there has been more AA's from Delaware than previous combined (unless I am wrong as I also am a litle bias). From my count there has been 7 AA's within the 10 year span.

Division 1

Bobby Telford - 3x
Jarod Garnett
Chris Diaz

Division 2

Connor Mcdonald
Tommy Abbott - 2x
Mike Magaha - 2x

JuCo

Jamelle Jones - 2x

Division 3

Chris Donaldson ????? I know he was ranked #1 at one point but forget if he AA or not

I did not mention John because, from what I remember, I think he AAd in 2001 or 2002??? which would make it longer than the 10 year mark that I was mentioning. But, he should be recognized with his accomplishment.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT