ADVERTISEMENT

Braden Davis

BackinBlack86

Top 100 Prospect
Oct 5, 2018
Just curious did Davis play in the All American game?

Another interesting development it seems he has his work cut out for him for the job at South Carolina. They brought in another 4 star QB flipped from Oregon as well as a transfer from Oklahoma (Spencer Rattler) 5 star and #1 ranked pro-style QB in 2019. Good on Davis for keeping a positive attitude about it.

The South Carolina quarterback room has changed a lot over the past month — and Braden Davis is “all for it,” he says. The Middletown High (Delaware) signed Dec. 15 as part of the Gamecocks’ 2022 recruiting class. Two days earlier, USC signed Oklahoma transfer Spencer Rattler. South Carolina then added four-star prospect Tanner Bailey on Dec. 18. Bailey was previously committed to Oregon. Rattler was a five-star prospect and No. 1 pro-style quarterback by 247Sports Composite, coming out of high school in 2019. Both Davis and Bailey are four-star prospects by 247Sports Composite.

Read more at: https://www.thestate.com/sports/col...-football/article257067207.html#storylink=cpy

maybe not at QB but we shall see what we shall see…wish him nothing but the best

He has the raw talent but IMO is too far behind the development curve from those polished guys and those like them particularly from out west. . I was of the opinion he would likely transfer to a BCS school in a year or two anyway but these developments probably confirms that may end up being the case. None the less he seems like he is willing to go for it.

He’s overrated
Possibly...as we are comparing him to the best HS QB's in the country. Having said that here is a kid who made a hell of a journey...from the out house to the penthouse.

National Champion Georgia's QB Stetson Bennett. If this doesn't give you warm fuzzies you are heartless, indeed.

Reactions: DelaNewb
True @Uncle Bumfuzzled You never know what someone can do given the opportunity.

What I find interesting and sometimes annoying is why some will get the opportunity and some won't. Sometimes it's connections or being at the right place at the right time. Some will get an opportunity just based on physical prowess while others light it up on the field and never get one. A lot of luck involved as well..

I always say when asked what makes a player a D1 prospect. One D1 coach to think you are. It can be that simple.

Last edited:
It has become the way it was/is in MLB. The difference of a MLB and Minor player is tiny. Not the Hall of Famer or Multi-year all star, but the everyday player. Same now can be said for the D1, P5 quarterback vs. the back -up or the kid who guys to UD or Montana - very close. You are right. Who you know, when they saw you, and who, thought what. Hard work still works - just my thoughts.

@MTownCavs09 I'm sure you would know the answer to this, what is the QB situation at Middletown going to be like with Davis graduating.
I personally can’t say who it will be. There’s too many rumors swirling around with what’s in house or what’s out house! However, there’s a QB on the roster Kolbjorsen (spelling?) who played in place of Davis last year against Hodgson who did a serviceable job. If he puts the extra work in the off-season he could become the starter, and an 8th grader coming in that’s supposed to remind you of Darius Wade so idk who it will be. There just too many mumblings going around to say anything definite and that’s how I like it during this time of year. Lol.

I personally can’t say who it will be. There’s too many rumors swirling around with what’s in house or what’s out house! However, there’s a QB on the roster Kolbjorsen (spelling?) who played in place of Davis last year against Hodgson who did a serviceable job. If he puts the extra work in the off-season he could become the starter, and an 8th grader coming in that’s supposed to remind you of Darius Wade so idk who it will be. There just too many mumblings going around to say anything definite and that’s how I like it during this time of year. Lol.
The 8th grader coming in is good at the level he plays, but you can’t say reminds of Darius Wade just yet. Also, rumor has it that they are trying to get another 8th grader to come there to compete for the job as well. Also, DMA is trying to get the kid as well. Should be interesting as the DIAA transfer portal will be open here soon. Haha

The 8th grader coming in is good at the level he plays, but you can’t say reminds of Darius Wade just yet. Also, rumor has it that they are trying to get another 8th grader to come there to compete for the job as well. Also, DMA is trying to get the kid as well. Should be interesting as the DIAA transfer portal will be open here soon. Haha
That’s just what’s being said. But if I had a prediction….I’m gonna say none of the players being mentioned here will be the starter next season. But who knows what will happen ;)

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT