ADVERTISEMENT

Cape 18, St. Marks 7

laxfool

Mascot
Mar 22, 2014
Never was a game. Disappointing, 11-2 at halftime. Cape pulled starters after the 3rd.
This post was edited on 4/24 7:43 AM by laxfool

Doesn't sound like the St. Marks team I saw a few weeks ago. Guess the CR v TH game last night was interesting, too.

Might have had something to do with the 2 hour bus trip. Cape won most face-offs but clamps were fairly even. Cape seemed to have a big edge in GBs and time of possession according to News Journal

Could be as simple as one team showed up to play, and the other didn't - not uncommon in high school lax.

This post was edited on 4/24 8:04 AM by laxfool

This post was edited on 4/24 10:36 AM by laxfool

Couldn't it be that Cape is just that much better? I don't think the bus ride has anything to do with it. Besides, most of the St. Marks players probably went straight from the game to their beach homes and didn't bother riding the bus home anyway.

No way a bus ride affects the outcome of a lacrosse game. Cape has played a tough out of state schedule so they have been tested. Saint Marks has played an upgraded schedule as well but since I was not at the game I cannot comment other than to say the score was so lopsided Cape has to be the supperior team. Cant wait to see the Cape Sallies game.

I was at the game and Cape just outplayed SM....Cape showed depth and St. Marks didn't.
Not winning any face offs didn't help their cause any either.
Bus ride...maybe
Still on spring break...maybe
Definitely not the same team that I heard was at CR
Cape has a chance at beating this 2014 Sallies team....especially if they can get on the scoreboard first and rattle Sallies cage. I think that Cape is way better at face-offs than Sallies (since losing Reeder).....so if the saying is ..."you can win or lose by your faceoffs"...they have a good chance.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT