ADVERTISEMENT

Charter-55 Newark-48

8yaz

Top 100 Prospect
Mar 22, 2007
Charter drops Newark to 1-4. Beat Newark in just about every aspect of basketball. They lead the entire way. Newark never threatened to take the lead. Best player on the court tonight, Matt Brenneman. Nice minutes off the bench for Newark's Chaz Knox.

Charter: Brenneman-20, Constantine-7, DiRienzo-14, Washington-11, Flanders-3

Newark:Sherman-6, Jackson-4, McCants-9, Pauls-3, Holmes-2, Sharpe-7, Martin-6, Knox-10

This post was edited on 12/16 7:19 PM by 8yaz

Why is this board so quite? Newark always seems to start the season down and then gain momentum.

Newark has nobody who can shoot from outside, only kids who think they can.

Noticed Charter went 26 of 37 from the line. That is a lot of foul shots. Must have been a long game.

Could it be possible, Charter just had a better team and wanted the win more then Newark?
This post was edited on 12/17 2:13 PM by Rufus43

I agree with old timer about Newark teams starting slow but they usually have a stand out player. Not sure who that is this year. I saw them a few times in games and scrimmages. Trying to blend in new players as usual for them. Like Knox kid. Not sold on Peal kid at all yet. He missed a dunk at important time in game yesterday and coach didn't take him out til he made another mistake. Smh. Looking at all their box scores n thought he would do more. @8yaz not a lot of kids can really shoot in high school to me. That why so much zone. Easy to shoot when ur team up double digits n momentum on ur side in HS. Haven't seen a lot of really good shooters in HS . Don't like new hand check rule. Dam 37 foul shots to 16 Wow. Where is Burton kid I saw at first scrimmage. He was a difference maker??

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT