ADVERTISEMENT

Cooney to transfer????

dovetail

All-State
Nov 13, 2003
Now that the you know what has hit the fan in the scandal ridden Syracuse basketball program, will Cooney opt to transfer? I believe the NCAA allows D1 to D1 transfers in situations like Syracuse. Since he has nothing left to play for, I'm hoping he comes home to UD for his final season..

Since he's a redshirt senior next year he's allowed to transfer anywhere without sitting out a year. I think he will especially with the possibility of more punishments

Originally posted by dovetail:
Now that the you know what has hit the fan in the scandal ridden Syracuse basketball program, will Cooney opt to transfer? I believe the NCAA allows D1 to D1 transfers in situations like Syracuse. Since he has nothing left to play for, I'm hoping he comes home to UD for his final season..
That would be awesome. Heck add in a decommit from Divencenzo while we're dreaming...lol Those stands would be packed to the brim.

Go Blue Hens!!!

@UDStateofmind!!!!

No reason to transfer, next year will be one of their better teams, and the post season ban is over

Doubt he'd go anywhere. He loves Syracuse, and it's not like he's going to the NBA. I could see him making some nice coin overseas for a few years though before he starts his life after bball.

Gee let me see. Do I want to play my Senior year in the ACC at the Carrier Dome in front 30,000 people or at the Bob Carpenter center in front of 500 people. Here, let me flip a coin that's such a tough call b

The biggest penalty will be the reduction of 12 Schollies over 4 years. I think that means something like for the next 4 years the will play with 10 scholarship players not 13. Look for Boeheim to get his 108 wins back eventually. Coach K will fight for him.

I don't see why Monte wouldn't be there next year. I hear/see a lot of people on here talking about he should be fired after their slow start but the truth is that they are a young team & loss 4 out 5 starters from an NCAA tournament team & that last starter Anderson was wasn't even in the lineup to start the season. I believed they finished off the season 9-9 conference-wise w/ one of the youngest teams in the nation which is better than what I expected.

That is really a dumb thought on Cooney & Donte 44. Ross probably won't here, trust me. Like EE said about Cooney playing in the Dome & ACC. They'll be eligible for post season play. Donte wants to play in the BE. Come on man!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT