ADVERTISEMENT

CR v Sussex Central

Wasn't at the game, but I can only assume lack of class and discipline by the new CR coach. Sends the wrong message to the players and makes the school look bad. I would imagine CR's athletic director will come into work with some messages on his machine today......

21-1, 23-1, 23-2, and 31-0 are the scores the last 4 times CR and SC has played, but yet the conference makes them play every year. At some point the conference has to look at this and wonder if there needs to be changes to the current format. SC is in the North, why?

SC have 66 unanswered goals in their first three games. Two games against north teams, one against a south.

As far as lack of class or discipline, I suppose that's debatable. It was 22 zip at half. Should Faircloth have just had them play keep away for the whole second half? I think that would have just pissed off the SC kids and maybe led to some venting of their frustrations. As it was they played 100% the whole game without any of the chippy behaviour that Middletown showed as that game got away
from them.
Should he have pulled the starters? Did that in the 3rd qrtr. Could he have done it sooner? Maybe, but that would have been the fourth game in a row where the 1st lines didnt play a full 4 quarters.What would that have helped when they come up against a team that can give them a run for their money and they have to stay out on the field? Conditioning in practice is one thing, it's different under game conditions.
After he pulled the starters should he have told the 2nd and 3rd lines not to score? Not to try and keep them from scoring?
This isn't rec league.

This post was edited on 4/3 8:18 AM by bootsindad

This post was edited on 4/3 8:35 AM by bootsindad

31-0 is hard to see, but what's even harder is to ask 2nd and 3rd line kids to go in and not score or play hard. They want to prove they can play as well.

CR is a power, SC is an infant program. Believe me, I know, my son's team has CR next.

All things considered, SC played ok. There were some good things going on out there but the inexperiance was pretty obvious. Give them a few more years and I think these blowouts will be a distant (painful ) memory.

Exactly what good things did you see? They were outshot 53-4! Sorry, totally unneccessary. I really think the league should let SC play in the other division or let them play a independent schedule until they can become competitive.

Sallies was by far the most talented team in the state last year. They played a number of teams that did not stand a chance against them yet they never hit 20 goals in a single game last year. Are you expecting us to assume that Sallies does not have any 2nd or 3rd string players on varsity that could not score at will against those weaker teams. They shut out concord 17-0 earning the win while not embarrassing themselves or the other team.

I have been around lacrosse a long time. There is a way to win with class and a way to win without it. Beating a team 31-0 is winning without class.

31 to 0 is a disgusting score in the sport of lacrosse. Once you get to 20, you stop shooting. At 8-0, pull the starters and then the 3rd and 4th string can come in and still shoot to score. If the starters were still in the game after the half with that score, that is a travesty. The starters should have been pulled in the first quarter. they could have brought up some of JV for this game knowing what type of team Central has. I remember in 2010, Delmar dressed and played 8th graders from their JV against St. Georges because they knew the game wouldn't be close. CR should have done the same in this instance. CR's starters would get better work from their own team in practice then they would get staying in this game. I know they have to play Central as a conference game. If you want your starters to get playing time, then beef up your schedule in the beginning of the year with some better out of conference teams. Look at Cape's schedule playing MIAA teams from Maryland. There are also some historically good MD lax public schools nearby that might enjoy some better competition in their out of conference schedules as well. Queen Annes, Easton, Stephen Decatur, Kent Island, and the private school Worcester Prep would probably love to play CR.

The Sals were having their way with Friends this afternoon and pulled the starters at 12 to 0 then stopped shooting at 14 to 0. Some of the Friends parents in the stands applauded Salesianum's good sportsmanship as the half ended at 14 to 0.

Yes, Laxdeusa, same way Salesianum handled CR in their regular season and State Championship game last year. This year's game will be fun to watch. Time for the over/under. What's your guess? No love lost between these teams.

My guess is that the Sallies / CR game will have a running clock by the end. This is not a knock against CR its just that Sallies has such a stong team. All of the starting middies from last year are gone but the entire attach returned as well as the goalie and most of the defense. It is utterly amazing that Sallies held Malvern to 6 goals in its first game. Malvern has put up double digits on some national powers this year. So if CR can match last years state finals output of 4 goals against the Sals then that will be an accomplishment.

I could not agree more. That is the most awful showing of sportsmanship I have ever seen by CR. By the scoresheet it looks like their starters had over 25 of the goals. So much for pulling your starters and letting the other kids play. And that score is with running clock, ugly. Healy, Dupont and many other seasoned coaches would never let that happen. Awful display by the CR staff. The kids only do what they are told. Hopefully, the athletic director will step in and explain that teaching kids does not stop at the classroom.

In looking at box scores, Milford played Central yesterday and was up 8-0 after the first quarter. They only scored five more goals the rest of the way and yet took over 50 shots. They obviously figured out the "high and wide" method mentioned earlier in this post, thereby keeping it at a respectable score.

How is it so bad for cr to leave their starters in to get more in game experience and to gain sharpness that will help them down the line. When sallies played cr last year in the regular season they had a running clock by the middle of the third but kept their starters in until the middle of the fourth when they pulled their attack and two of their middies and kept their starting goalie and defense in the game. Their coach did not tell them to stop attacking or attempting to score that's the program that everyone looks up to? Please their not the biggest class acts they play chump teams like everyone else and put up goals as good as they are and since they have no conference affiliation what's the point of playing teams like Middletown. That makes them better please but they still do glad to know the team that recruits is the team to look up to for sportsmanship

I am not a Sallies fan but apparently Amglax does not know how to read a box score either! I don't recall Sallies ever beating anybody 31-0.

So shooting in cage and the goalie making a save is high and wide ok got it. Plus if you're shooting shoot on cage don't start bad habits it's more disrespectful to pity a team that underminds the game if the other team has a problem they will work even harder at practice and in the off season to change the results maybe you guys should stop wanting teams to go easy play through the whistle. Cr is obligated to play central because of the conference sallies isn't obligated to play any joke games but they still choose to why? Is it getting them better no they have guys on the bench who can go d3 so what's their excuse. Telling kids to take it easy on a opponent is flat out stupid that doesn't get anyone better this game speaks more to a lack of youth systems in the state and how the game needs to grow to build up competiveness it gives these kids motivation to try eeven harder. Stop babying everyone they knew going in what they signed up for

Last year Sallies mixed in subs early and often against CR. if they kept first line middies in and told them to keep playing you may have seen 31 and than maybe you would understand why it is wrong to score thirty goals .

Please stop sounding so pretentious sallies did keep the first liners in they didn't score because saves and defense plays happened don't stop playing it's annoying to the other team. The central players will remember this in practice and in the offseason it's motivation and it's shows where they need to be

What that made no sense. So Stevenson beat alvernia 30 to 0 that isn't being looked at as bad sportmanship they went out their and played to the whistle same thing cr did when your on the field it's your job as a team to give 100 percent effort to the whistle blows that's what they did. That's the culture you want to build a hard nose competive team that plays all four quarters

Makes complete sense, AMG - different POV. Certainly as much sense as your comments.

Scheduling is a challenge - the difference between the Haves and Have Nots in DE Lax is extreme. That's why Sals is only playing four DE teams this year, St Marks, twice. Besides, no one wants to schedule them. Tough to mock the schedule they're playing this year.

You made a point about recruiting - a point that gets old, especially when not founded on fact. Success breeds success - along with a good youth program. Look at this year's Salesianum roster - and the rosters of the more successful upstate teams. Most of the kids have come out of the Wings program. Do the same thing downstate and CR, Dover, et al will reap the benefits. Kids will want to play and the programs will improve.

It's funny that I brought up the issue I lack of youth league development but that got overlooked and no one wanted to talk about the Stevenson alvernia score either sallies has the ability to have players from other states come and play for them cr and other public schools have to rely pretty much on luck since it depends on who lives in their district sallies was scheduling teams like Middletown two three years ago when they were not seen as such a powerhouse why how was that benefiting their D1 level talent you guys talk so much about respect for the game but all fail to realize these kids are competitors who want to play and want to win sports aren't made to be fair they are made for the cream of the crop to rise and a chance to get kids a strong work ethic the only way you can truly disrespect the game is by not giving 100 percent effort at practice or in the game I'm glad the cr players did that and I hope they will continue to do so. It is a joke you guys think the ad should tell the coach to change the way they play because they played their butts off sorry central wasn't a match for them as the youth programs grow and the game as a whole grows this won't be an issue

That was a really long sentence. In your future posts, would you mind using some kind of punctuation? It helps us to validate our points and disprove yours. Thanks.

That's how I know you have nothing valid to offer. You want to talk about punctuation instead having a proper rebuttal to my points. Thank you for proving how little you truly know about the sport, and in general. Oh and I used punctuation so won't struggle reading this post your welcome.

Amglas it is not only the high school season that matters. You must consider the club season. Sallies benefits from having good kids and excellent coaching. They also benefit from having most of the kids that play being on Dukes , Mesa, and 302 where they compete with good kids against the best kids from other areas.

AMG have you ever participated in competitive athletics? There is no sense in kicking someone once they have been knocked out...I believe that's why the go to a running clock once the contest has been decided .putting up 31 only makes CR look like bullies.or maybe you approve of kicking a man when he's down?

There's no need, let alone any excuse, for putting up 30 goals - unless the opponent scored 29. Stevenson is just as bad as CR - or any team at any level that pulls that crap. They've put a target on their backs and other teams won't forget. You know what they say about paybacks...

And no one is arguing with you about the need for better youth programs. That's how the sport will grow - all of the schools will benefit. Look at Long Island and the mix of public, privates and Catholic schools that play outstanding lacrosse. Those teams are loaded because of great youth programs.

AMG, you may want to switch tactics, because your current defense is not working.

Lively discussion with this thread - looks like amg is by himself on this one.

I've heard that Atlantic Youth does a pretty good job in MD and Sussex County - not sure what other opportunities exist.

I'm not sure how many if you actually have played lacrosse, but if you have you would know that programs like cr build through youth leagues and through an outstanding JV and these players know you have to work hard for every minute on the field you get the coaching staff shows that you play every second your on the field as hard as you possibly can, because that's the only way you get better. 30 in a game seems like a lot to you guys but let's be honest if cr wanted to they could've had their first middie line play even more in the first half and would've scored even more non of their games have been remotely close this year so they have to get their starters ready to play four quarters. They did that and central gotto see first hand what a top notch public school in delaware looks like. Those kids work hard everyday in practice and are the best players cr isn't just giving anybody minutes u earn them at practice everyday

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT