ADVERTISEMENT

DELAWARE GIRLS HIGH SCHOOL BASKETBALL 2017-2018 TOP UNDERCLASSMEN as of 3/26/2018

Justabasketballfan

Getting reps on JV
Mar 16, 2015
Not big on rankings but I like to start a conversation...

NAME HGT CLASS SCHOOL
Julie Kulesza 5’9″ Soph Conrad
2 Lauren Park 5’5″ Jr Sanford
3 Stefanie Kulesza 6’0″ Fr Conrad
4 Kylie Kornegay Lucas 5’11” Jr Caesar Rodney
5 Ber’Nyah Ward-Mayo 5’6″ Soph St. Elizabeth
6 Ronnasia B-Huggins 6’0″ Jr Howard
7 Kayla Braxton Young 5’7″ Jr Hodgson
8 Janiyah Stevens 6’1″ Jr Sussex Tech
9 Sasha Marvel 5’8″ Jr Caravel
10 Aniah Patterson 5’5″ Jr St. Thomas More
11 Olivia Tucker 5’10” Jr Sanford
12 Zaria Newson 6’3″ Jr Mount Pleasant
13 Ja’Nylah Whittlesey 6’3″ Fr Conrad
14 Sha’Nia Davis 5’7″ Soph Appoquinimink
15 Logan Handy 5’5″ Jr Laurel
16 Allie Kubeck 6’0″ Soph Sanford
17 Samantha Pollich 6’0″ Jr Sanford
18 Olivia Lynch 5’8″ Fr St. Thomas More
19 Dania Cannon 5’5″ Soph Cape Henlopen
20 Tameeyah Bowden 5’11” Soph Sussex Central
21 Julia McCarron 5’10” Soph St. Elizabeth
22 Jayla Smith 5’9″ Jr Smyrna
23 Ja-Naiah P. Jackson 5’5″ Jr Hodgson
24 Na’Leigha Wright 5’7″ Jr Howard
25 Paige Kenton 5’9″ Soph Padua
26 Amaya Carroll 5’8″ 8th grade Sanford
27 Ondia Brown 5’11” Jr Caravel
28 Alyssa Faville 5’6″ Soph Conrad
29 Kenora Warren 5’11” Jr Caravel
30 Kay Wulah 5’11” Jr Ursuline
31 Ambia Stratton 5’8″ Jr Sussex Central
32 Yaayaa Arriyie 5’10” Soph Polytech
33 Emma McCann 5’9″ Jr Archmere
34 Lauren Dorsey 5’7″ Fr Ursuline
35 Tamiyah Jones 5’9″ Soph Dover
36 Chioma Njoku 6’2″ Soph Padua
37 Kayla Farley 5’10” Fr Friends
38 Michah Yarbray 5’7″ Jr William Penn
39 Arianna Henry 5’7″ Soph St. Elizabeth
40 Nia Anderson 5’3″ Jr Wilmington Charter
41 Jordan Rook 5’7″ Jr Conrad
42 Jada McCullough 5’7″ Fr Caesar Rodney
43 Courtney Turner 5’9″ Jr Polytech
44 Abby Hearn 5’9″ Soph Sussex Academy
45 Catherine McGonigles 5’10” Jr Archmere
46 Symphonie DeLoatch 6’1″ Soph Wilmington Christian
47 Chakya Johnson 6’0″ Fr Woodbridge
48 Grace Aguilar 5’9″ Jr Lake Forest
49 Trinity Brittingham 5’8″ Jr St. George’s Tech
50 Janeira Scott 5’7″ Fr Woodbridge
51 Kayla Wolff 5’9″ Jr St. Mark’s
52 Shaniya Briddell 5’5″ Soph Delmar
53 Asauna Hadley 5’3″ Soph Delmar
54 Chaniyah Mason 5’7″ 8th grade George Rad
55 Zy Kilgoe 5’3″ 7th grade Dover Central
56 Kaleigh Barry 6’0″ 7th grade H. B. DuPont
57 Akina Perry 5’3″ 7th grade Mariner Middle

Interesting list...have you seen all of these players play whether school ball and/or AAU? I question the order of some who I know or have seen but will refrain from commenting because I haven't witnessed the play of most.

I like the fact you're getting the friendly conversation started though. Outside of school ball, this current AAU season and next year will be important developmental seasons for many of these fine student-athletes especially those who are serious about playing at the next level. Off-season workouts are also a huge factor which contribute to how the players transform deficiencies in their game.

Again congrats to Conrad. Yes they do have good young talent but it will be difficult to repeat. We'll see how the teams in the state shape out as the summer progresses between existing players, incoming freshman, transfers, etc. Looking forward to next season already.

Interesting list...have you seen all of these players play whether school ball and/or AAU? I question the order of some who I know or have seen but will refrain from commenting because I haven't witnessed the play of most.

I like the fact you're getting the friendly conversation started though. Outside of school ball, this current AAU season and next year will be important developmental seasons for many of these fine student-athletes especially those who are serious about playing at the next level. Off-season workouts are also a huge factor which contribute to how the players transform deficiencies in their game.

Again congrats to Conrad. Yes they do have good young talent but it will be difficult to repeat. We'll see how the teams in the state shape out as the summer progresses between existing players, incoming freshman, transfers, etc. Looking forward to next season already.

I didn't make the list. i just seen this on another website. i did see majority of theses player play. And like you i keep my comments to myself about player rankings. But i will make statements about some players who may get slighted based on what they have done for the year for all state or player of the year. As whole I wish that a lot of these girls get the right attention that they deserve as far as the next level. The next years senior class i had big hopes for when they came in as freshman. what difference 3 years makes, hopefully it will turn out great for a lot of these girls..

We could go back and forth on rankings just like we did with all-state. I’ll give you a list of girls with current college offers or could possibly play D1. Remember it’s very important that you have solid grades if you want to be seriously looked at by D1 schools unless you are an unbelievable top 25 in the country type talent. A few of the girls listed below have awesome grades & they make it easier for themselves to attract D1 schools. Where as there are a few that struggle academically, making it harder to get looks. I’m sure there might be one or two players I’m missing but this is from what I’ve been told by players, high school coaches & from college coaches. And doing some fact checking on my own. Some of the biggest things that eliminates some girls is that they do not know how to play the game, they over dribble constantly and are more concerned about being a highlight real type player. Also, Shooting 30-40 times a game & only making 20-25% of your shots( at best) but still scoring 20 pts just doesn’t get it. Lastly, the excessive amount of bad advice that these girls get from people who think they know the game or can teach the game from the street agents, to the so-called trainers(teaching moves that are never used), & some of the uneducated parents that think they know how the game is played. Best advice for these girls is to go watch college players & pick there brain on how they got where they are & what it takes. In no particular order.

Lauren Park-Lane- has D1 offers
Ali Kubek- has D1 offers
Kylie Kornagay-Lucas- has D2 offers & some D1 interest
Kay Wulah- D1 potential
Julie Kulesza-has D1 offers
Stefanie Kulesza-has D1 offers
Jynyla Whittsey-has D1 offers
Bernya Ward-Mayo- D1 potential
Shania Davis- 1 D1 offer w/ D1 potentiall
Ron Blatch-Huggins- D1 potential

We could go back and forth on rankings just like we did with all-state. I’ll give you a list of girls with current college offers or could possibly play D1. Remember it’s very important that you have solid grades if you want to be seriously looked at by D1 schools unless you are an unbelievable top 25 in the country type talent. A few of the girls listed below have awesome grades & they make it easier for themselves to attract D1 schools. Where as there are a few that struggle academically, making it harder to get looks. I’m sure there might be one or two players I’m missing but this is from what I’ve been told by players, high school coaches & from college coaches. And doing some fact checking on my own. Some of the biggest things that eliminates some girls is that they do not know how to play the game, they over dribble constantly and are more concerned about being a highlight real type player. Also, Shooting 30-40 times a game & only making 20-25% of your shots( at best) but still scoring 20 pts just doesn’t get it. Lastly, the excessive amount of bad advice that these girls get from people who think they know the game or can teach the game from the street agents, to the so-called trainers(teaching moves that are never used), & some of the uneducated parents that think they know how the game is played. Best advice for these girls is to go watch college players & pick there brain on how they got where they are & what it takes. In no particular order.

Lauren Park-Lane- has D1 offers
Ali Kubek- has D1 offers
Kylie Kornagay-Lucas- has D2 offers & some D1 interest
Kay Wulah- D1 potential
Julie Kulesza-has D1 offers
Stefanie Kulesza-has D1 offers
Jynyla Whittsey-has D1 offers
Bernya Ward-Mayo- D1 potential
Shania Davis- 1 D1 offer w/ D1 potentiall
Ron Blatch-Huggins- D1 potential

Hey- i like the list. there are some girls that are missing, that are getting D1 interest.
Zaria Newson- Several D1 offers
Na'Leighia Wright- 1 D1 offer
Kanisa Tucker- D1 interest
Kaeliegh White- D1 interest
Sasha Marvel- D1 offer
I hate the word potential. to me it just means that they may have the body type to do it but the skill or other attributes have not caught up to it yet. This current Junior class has a lot of potential. but Nothing has panned out yet because of various reasons. I hope they all make something out of this year.

Thread deserves an update:

Lauren Park-Lane is headed to Seton Hall
Kayla Braxton-Young committing to LaSalle

That's pretty awesome for both of those young ladies.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT