ADVERTISEMENT

Delcastle 80 Newark 78 2OTs

8yaz

Top 100 Prospect
Mar 22, 2007
Game was as good as the score indicates. Just an entertaining as hell basketball game. First half was close throughout, ended tied at 38. Newark came out smoking in the 2H and scored the first nine points. Castle clawed back and got it to 57-53 after 3. Hotly contested 4th period ended at 65-65. Huge game by Duane Gould and Dannijah Thompson for Castle. Big game for Sherman for NHS. Lots of contributions by underclassmen for Newark. Turnovers and poor foul shooting as usual cost Newark this game. Newark drops to 1-6. They showed they are better than that record indicates tonight, but they better start winning some games. Delcastle has a decent squad.

Delcastle: Collins-8, Guzman-9, Des Gould-10, Du Gould-25, Thompson-18, Hopkins-10

Newark: Sherman-18, Jackson-9, McCants-5, Smith-12, Pauls-6, Holmes-10, Martin-9, Bond-2, Peal-3, Knox-4

This post was edited on 1/8 8:35 PM by 8yaz

I agree. Good double overtime game. Newark seems to be in every game but can't get over the hump. I like their young boys tho. Just need the upperclassmen to show them how win at varsity level. Oh might fault obviously upperclassmen not that good this year, cause I can't remember last time Newark was 1-6???? Lil guards were ballin . Bigs kept missing lay up. Not sure abt this year but future looks bright.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT