ADVERTISEMENT

DELHS FB CP WEEK FOUR RESULTS

MTownCavs09

JV stand out
Sep 11, 2007
Congratulations to @First_state_gridiron on winning this week with 44 points.

1. @First_state_gridiron - (7-3) = 44 points
2. @Robert Boucher - (8-2) = 42 pts
3. @MTownCavs09 - (7-3) = 41 pts
4. @Longagoplayer - (6-4) = 40 pts
5. @DaDude01 - (7-3) = 38 pts
5. @connorr11 - (7-3) = 38 pts
5. @Yunforce - (7-3) = 38 pts
8. @Chill44 - (6-4) = 37 pts
8. @Dadof3smartkids - (5-5) = 37 pts
10. @Dback2500 - (5-5) = 35 pts
10. @cavaliercharlie - (5-5) = 35 pts
10. @upstatewrestlingfan - (6-4) = 35 pts
13. @BackinBlack86 - (5-5) = 34 pts
13. @baseballer46 - (4-6) = 34 pts
13. @BasinRdBetty - (6-4) = 34 pts
16. @Woody_Wood - (4-6) = 33 pts
17. @ReturnOfTheGate - (5-5) = 32 pts
17. @84rider - (4-6) = 32 pts
19. @nomorenonstop - (6-4) = 30 pts
19. @Ironman_8708 - (5-5) = 30 pts

YEAR-TO-DATE TOTALS
1. @Dback2500 - (38-12) = 230 pts
2. @connorr11 - (37-13) = 222 pts
3. @Dadof3smartkids - (36-14) = 219 pts
4. @MTownCavs09 - (36-14) = 213 pts
5. @BackinBlack86 - (31-19) = 210 pts
5. @Yunforce - (34-16) = 210 pts
7. @DaDude01 - (33-17) = 209 pts
7. @cavaliercharlie - (33-17) = 209 pts
9. @BasinRdBetty - (33-17) = 207 pts
10. @nomorenonstop - (36-14) = 206 pts
11. @Robert Boucher - (35-15) = 205 pts
12. @Woody_Wood - (34-16) = 204 pts
13. @Longagoplayer - (33-18) = 202 pts
14. @baseballer46 - (33-17) = 199 pts
14. @Ironman_8708 - (35-15= 199 pts
16. @ReturnOfTheGate - (31-19) = 186 pts
17. @First_state_gridiron - (30-20) = 179 pts
18. @Chill44 - (26-14) = 168 pts
19. @upstatewrestlingfan - (27-13) = 159 pts
20. @84rider - (24-16) = 150 pts
21. @Notursmine - (24-16) = 144 pts

Last edited:
Are you going to post a in depth breakdown for the Mtwn vs Smyrna game? I'm interested in your thoughts on this one!
I gave up doing game by game breakdowns a long time ago. However if you wish to know how I feel….

Smyrna comes into this game with a 1-3 record with losses to Manhiem Central, Perkiomen Valley and Sallies. The two out of state teams are both currently 5-1 and albeit may be good teams, we don’t know for sure just how good these teams would be if they played in Delaware against, Dover, Sallies, Middletown etc. Marks and Tiberi are both good quarterbacks who can put points on the board on any given play, and with the line that Smyrna possesses, isn’t too hard to do. Tiberi has floated around from school to school never really finding a home. Marks may be Smyrnas next Nolan but watching you can tell he’s still just a freshman and needs instincts that a typical veteran/senior QB only possesses. He’s been putting the work in and with his dad, there’s no telling far this kid will go in the future. The offense is averaging 33.5 points a game while surrendering 31.8 points a game. The one game that I felt like I could gauge what Smyrna is, was the sallies game. Sallies defense is by far one of the better ones in the state and that’s what they are going to face when they meet Middletown and Dover. But Smyrnas offense could only manage 12 points against Sallies, What makes it worse, is we just watched Dover run right through that sallies defense at times. There’s talent on the Smyrna team for sure, but they are YOUNG. And as I predicted, was gonna struggle a bit this year. I believe next season Smyrna will rise back to prominence.

Now Middletown, we can almost draw up in the same story. They Opened the season 3-0 with Urbana, Sussex Central, and Odessa before falling to the #16th ranked team in the country Massillon, Ohio. Urbana is a good team, not great, but not bad either (probably a good 2A, low 3A team) Central runs a pretty difficult offense to prepare for, but we’ve seen time and time again the good teams in Delaware, Smyrna, Middletown and sallies seem to defend it pretty well. Odessa to me, should have never played Appo and Middletown because they just weren’t at that level yet, and we saw that. The Ohio game, Middletown is not gonna see any team with that amount of size or speed for the rest of the season which to me plays in their favor. The offense is scoring 36.3 points a game but only surrendering 15.5 points a game which is where I see the difference between these two teams.

Both have offenses that can score at will but it’s the defense that Middletown fields is where I believe Smyrna is gonna struggle with. Middletown has athletes on both sides of the ball, more than any one team should. 3/4 receivers are 6’3 or more and the QB Troyer is more poised than ever making the right reads. So if I had to make a pick, I think Cavs win pulling away late with a 34-21 because of their experience.

I also would like to suggest to whoever watches this game, watch certain position battles. Such as…

Smyrnas DB Corey Williams vs. Middletowns WR Ronnel Davis.

Smyrnas LB Cole Moyer vs. Mtown’s RB Amare Glover

Smyrnas WR Henriquez vs. Mtown DB Akendre Matthews

And obviously Smyrnas offensive line vs. Middletowns Defensive line. (With respect, I’d like to name all these kids too)
Smyrna Lineman: Zuck Dominic, Kibwe Harris, Jayden Price, Dylan Champlain and Eule Chijioke.
Middletowns DLineman: Tristen Graham, Kaseem Powell, Eli Curran, and Justin McGill.

I feel like the battle between those two might be the most exciting throughout the entire night.

NOW, this is just my opinion, I may be wrong or I may not be, however, it’s still the Harvest Bowl and should draw a pretty decent crowd and give us a good game

I gave up doing game by game breakdowns a long time ago. However if you wish to know how I feel….

Smyrna comes into this game with a 1-3 record with losses to Manhiem Central, Perkiomen Valley and Sallies. The two out of state teams are both currently 5-1 and albeit may be good teams, we don’t know for sure just how good these teams would be if they played in Delaware against, Dover, Sallies, Middletown etc. Marks and Tiberi are both good quarterbacks who can put points on the board on any given play, and with the line that Smyrna possesses, isn’t too hard to do. Tiberi has floated around from school to school never really finding a home. Marks may be Smyrnas next Nolan but watching you can tell he’s still just a freshman and needs instincts that a typical veteran/senior QB only possesses. He’s been putting the work in and with his dad, there’s no telling far this kid will go in the future. The offense is averaging 33.5 points a game while surrendering 31.8 points a game. The one game that I felt like I could gauge what Smyrna is, was the sallies game. Sallies defense is by far one of the better ones in the state and that’s what they are going to face when they meet Middletown and Dover. But Smyrnas offense could only manage 12 points against Sallies, What makes it worse, is we just watched Dover run right through that sallies defense at times. There’s talent on the Smyrna team for sure, but they are YOUNG. And as I predicted, was gonna struggle a bit this year. I believe next season Smyrna will rise back to prominence.

Now Middletown, we can almost draw up in the same story. They Opened the season 3-0 with Urbana, Sussex Central, and Odessa before falling to the #16th ranked team in the country Massillon, Ohio. Urbana is a good team, not great, but not bad either (probably a good 2A, low 3A team) Central runs a pretty difficult offense to prepare for, but we’ve seen time and time again the good teams in Delaware, Smyrna, Middletown and sallies seem to defend it pretty well. Odessa to me, should have never played Appo and Middletown because they just weren’t at that level yet, and we saw that. The Ohio game, Middletown is not gonna see any team with that amount of size or speed for the rest of the season which to me plays in their favor. The offense is scoring 36.3 points a game but only surrendering 15.5 points a game which is where I see the difference between these two teams.

Both have offenses that can score at will but it’s the defense that Middletown fields is where I believe Smyrna is gonna struggle with. Middletown has athletes on both sides of the ball, more than any one team should. 3/4 receivers are 6’3 or more and the QB Troyer is more poised than ever making the right reads. So if I had to make a pick, I think Cavs win pulling away late with a 34-21 because of their experience.

I also would like to suggest to whoever watches this game, watch certain position battles. Such as…

And obviously Smyrnas offensive line vs. Middletowns Defensive line. (With respect, I’d like to name all these kids too)
Smyrna Lineman: Zuck Dominic, Kibwe Harris, Jayden Price, Dylan Champlain and Eule Chijioke.
Middletowns DLineman: Tristen Graham, Kaseem Powell, Eli Curran, and Justin McGill.

I feel like the battle between those two might be the most exciting throughout the entire night.

NOW, this is just my opinion, I may be wrong or I may not be, however, it’s still the Harvest Bowl and should draw a pretty decent crowd and give us a good game
Sadly I think most people will tune in to see what happens after the game more than what happens in the game. History has shown the Harvest Bowl doesn’t mean anything when it comes to December. I almost wish these two teams didn’t play until the playoffs. The hype is there because of the school names but I don’t think the roster talent is as close as previous years and you nailed it with the reasons why. Youth! Middletown is really good at getting kids from all over the state and retooling without a down year. Rumors are circulating that Middletown wins might be forfeits by December playoff time. Would any of us be shocked by this?

Solid analysis! Should definitely be a good 1!

Reactions: 84rider
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT