ADVERTISEMENT

Dover - Smyrna

Smyrna wins 75-56...

Bloodsworth 20+
Matthews 30+
Dover’s Davis may have had around 25.

Dover on verge not making tournament. .. Smh
I’m willing to bet that Dover gets in tournament even w/ a record of 9-11 or maybe even 8-12. They get Brandywine, Sussex Central, Middletown & Polytech all in one stretch coming up then Delmarva Christian later in the season. These 2 losses each vs Smyrna & Cape will still get them 2 pts which is the same as a win vs a team under .500. Then the same could end up being said for losses to Sussex Tech & CR are as well & even if not 2 pts they’ll still get 1 pt for them being over .500. Put it like this...Dover is now 4-8 & if the tournament started today they would get 2 pts each for all 8 of their losses. The Henlopen North will get 5 out of their 7 teams in. If Dover beats the teams that they are expected to beat then they will get in.

Reactions: 84rider
I’m willing to bet that Dover gets in tournament even w/ a record of 9-11 or maybe even 8-12. They get Brandywine, Sussex Central, Middletown & Polytech all in one stretch coming up then Delmarva Christian later in the season. These 2 losses each vs Smyrna & Cape will still get them 2 pts which is the same as a win vs a team under .500. Then the same could end up being said for losses to Sussex Tech & CR are as well & even if not 2 pts they’ll still get 1 pt for them being over .500. Put it like this...Dover is now 4-8 & if the tournament started today they would get 2 pts each for all 8 of their losses. The Henlopen North will get 5 out of their 7 teams in. If Dover beats the teams that they are expected to beat then they will get in.
Didnt say they was not getting in.. I said on the verge... Lol

I agree with j12, so far this season, they have played one of the toughest schedules in the state. If you go by the current rankings, they have to play 5 top 10 teams twice plus if you include Sussex Tech plus Willam Penn who is playing some of the best ball in the state imo

Last edited:
I agree with j12, so far this season, they have played a toughest schedules in the state. If you go by the current rankings, they have to play 5 top 10 teams twice plus if you include Sussex Tech plus Willam Penn who is playing some of the best ball in the state imo
Be real close...

Looking at the box score showing Bloodsworth w/ 20 & Matthews w/ 36 seems pretty accurate but Davis only 12 seems a bit odd to me...it looked like he may have had that many in the second half alone from where I was sitting.

Looking at the box score showing Bloodsworth w/ 20 & Matthews w/ 36 seems pretty accurate but Davis only 12 seems a bit odd to me...it looked like he may have had that many in the second half alone from where I was sitting.
He had 25

William Penn struggled against Delcastle tonight.. Won 41 to 37...
And that was in OT. Delcastle has played a few teams tough down to the wire this year before coming up short...except for Cape this past Tuesday who handled them pretty easily which I’m sure has you smiling. LMAO!!!

And that was in OT. Delcastle has played a few teams tough down to the wire this year before coming up short...except for Cape this past Tuesday who handled them pretty easily which I’m sure has you smiling. LMAO!!!
Of course. .lol.. Cape could beat by 30.. Lol... Guards keep playing like they are... Cape will be there until the end...lol..

Smyrna vs Dover was a great game.... Smyrna looked like themselves last night. I love to see Bloodsworth with him handling the ball and ended up with ten assist last night and twenty pts.. I hope they keep that momentum going throughout the season. Does anyone know if Bloodsworth been picked up by a college yet?

Reactions: Hoopsdownstate2
"Smyrna looked like themselves last night", 2 senior all-state guards playing against 2-3 sophomore guards, they should of looked like themselves, just saying

Hmmmmm... I was speaking on the energy they had last night verses what energy they had when they played Cape... They were not playing like Smyrna....The Smyrna I know. It could of been any team, I just seen the boys played hard and look like Smyrna... When they played Cape, they did not LOOK like Smyrna. I'm just stating! IMO

Smyrna vs Dover was a great game.... Smyrna looked like themselves last night. I love to see Bloodsworth with him handling the ball and ended up with ten assist last night and twenty pts.. I hope they keep that momentum going throughout the season. Does anyone know if Bloodsworth been picked up by a college yet?
Bloodsworth did have a great game last night which I think was because he came out aggressive. Somebody asked about colleges interested in him which I don’t know of...what I do know is that he is a true point guard w/ a very high basketball IQ but it is hard to draw attention at the next level when your are 5’7-5’8. I’m interested in seeing where he ends up.

Hmmmmm... I was speaking on the energy they had last night verses what energy they had when they played Cape... They were not playing like Smyrna....The Smyrna I know. It could of been any team, I just seen the boys played hard and look like Smyrna... When they played Cape, they did not LOOK like Smyrna. I'm just stating! IMO
I agree that Smyrna looked like a totally different team last night vs Dover than vs Cape but I gotta give credit where credit is due & that was because Cape applied the pressure end to end on Smyrna denying Matthews & staying up in his shooting pocket. Last night what I saw was straight target practice...Dover allowed Matthews to catch the ball & look at the basket while playing like 3 feet off of him. He probably didn’t get 1 attempt like that all night vs Cape.

Last edited:
Totally agree! Smyrna didn't play like they wanted it and I think they all know it and hopefully they will see each other at the end. They are two great teams and I wish them the best of luck! Bloodsworth is only 5'7 with a BIG heart... I've seen him play against much taller players in AAU and this boy is not scared of height at all. He plays extremely well with what ever comes his way.

Reactions: Hoopsdownstate2
I’ll say it again and by no means am I taking a shot at Smyrna ( I still think they are the favorites to repeat imo) but playing against a inexperienced and small Dover team, a bigger more experienced team should play different. Against Cape they were limited in second chance buckets and Capes guards are gaining momentum and can play more aggressive, if the man you’re guarding gets by you they have the bigs in the paint challenging shots. It boils down to the level of competition

Reactions: Can_you_feel_me
Guys are loose when they can get any shot they want, when you’re making shots the rest of the game comes much easier , stress free basketball fellas

Reactions: Can_you_feel_me
I’ll say it again and by no means am I taking a shot at Smyrna ( I still think they are the favorites to repeat imo) but playing against a inexperienced and small Dover team, a bigger more experienced team should play different. Against Cape they were limited in second chance buckets and Capes guards are gaining momentum and can play more aggressive, if the man you’re guarding gets by you they have the bigs in the paint challenging shots. It boils down to the level of competition
Your being nice... He was playing JV teams last 2 games.. You being nice...

Cats up north hating cause the Henlopen is killing it right now lmao

Guys are loose when they can get any shot they want, when you’re making shots the rest of the game comes much easier , stress free basketball fellas
Exactly...Dover allowed Matthews to get a few good looks earlier & everybody knows as a shooter when that happens the Basket just keeps getting bigger.

Reactions: 84rider
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT