ADVERTISEMENT

End of season awards... let's falk

ball4lyfe69

Tackles too high
Jan 28, 2017
POY:

I'm thinking either Austin Elliot, Steckline, or Zack Miller. Nowell is in the talk but I'd say too light of a schedule.

COY:

This is a tough one, I'll let you guys discuss it out as I'm not really sure.

Assistant COY:

I'd say probably Mconaghy from the Sals, heard he's been doing great things and from watching the "Slowskys" over the year I know he is super skilled as a coach. Nowell is in the talk but I'd say too light of a schedule.

POY:

I'm thinking either Austin Elliot, Steckline, or Zack Miller. Nowell is in the talk but I'd say too light of a schedule.

COY:

This is a tough one, I'll let you guys discuss it out as I'm not really sure.

Assistant COY:

I'd say probably Mconaghy from the Sals, heard he's been doing great things and from watching the "Slowskys" over the year I know he is super skilled as a coach. Nowell is in the talk but I'd say too light of a schedule.

Explain why you pick them as your players of the year.

Austin Elliot - Yes
Steckline - Not as strong as Elliot
Nowell - Only Batted 302 - Nothing else puts him in front of others.
Miller - Give me a reason why you think this?

Jack McCann from Glasgow has done more than Nowell in Batting average and has done more behind the Plate and Batting than Miller.

Elliott won player of year in that conference . Don't you have to win POY in conference to win all state ?

Jake Walls from Middletown. Don't know exact stats but had three homers. I'm guessing well over .500 with 25-30 RBI. Could be more. Had an unbelievable season. Didn't get Flight A POY however. Went to Steckline.

Jake Walls from Middletown. Don't know exact stats but had three homers. I'm guessing well over .500 with 25-30 RBI. Could be more. Had an unbelievable season. Didn't get Flight A POY however. Went to Steckline.
Yeah he's always been a standout, but he's not a pitcher. And Pitchers impact the game the most.

Diamond state conference had 2 players leading the state in homeruns from DMA and NC. Don't know how the conference is forgotten about

Yeah he's always been a standout, but he's not a pitcher. And Pitchers impact the game the most.
He was. Another Middletown pitcher who had surgery and couldn't pitch this year. Hope he can next year.

Elliott doesn't have the numbers , maybe the impact but not the numbers I can hear people screaming now if he won !

I would think it will be Steckline or Silan both kids had great numbers pitching and both hit around .400 .

He was. Another Middletown pitcher who had surgery and couldn't pitch this year. Hope he can next year.
Yeah Middletown has great returning talent. Walls, Wooten, Weber, Keane, Mclendon, etc. The point is they didn't stay healthy so their gonna feel cheated if they don't win, which we'll probably make them even hungrier for next year, and that program is really coming along so there is probably some good sophomores/ freshman ready to replace those seniors.

Reactions: CHS89
Adkins would be a strong choice- 2 hit shutout win vs Smyrna, 6+ innings of shutout baseball (ND) vs Central in a game that went 11, 5 innings 2 runs on 6 hits in win vs IR, 6.1 innings, 3 hits 3 runs in win vs Sussex Tech, 6.2 innings 2 runs 4 hits in win over Cape, 6 innings in a 5-4 win over Polytech. That's 4-0 against state tournament qualifiers and a ND versus a strong bubble team.

Agree on Adkins ... like to see someone post his defensive (SS when not pitching) and offensive numbers. He hits in the 3 hole for them and it seems Delmar's offense and ability to score runs is largely based on his bat as well.

If you like following Delaware HS sports, there a few guys on twitter like Sean who do a good job of keeping things up to date.

Reactions: jwb703
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT