ADVERTISEMENT

GAMES TODAY - Tues May 12th, 2015

oldskool42

In the weight room getting big
Apr 30, 2012
Sunny and warm today.

Lots of games.

Caravel 11-4 @ Appo 12-3. Appo is already in the playoffs. Now its all about knocking off the #1 team in the state. Caravel has all but clinched a spot in the playoffs. Appo lost 5-1 last season to Caravel but beat Caravel in 2013 3-2.

DMA (9-5) @ Charter (8-6). Both teams on the outside looking in right now. DMA will probably be tied for their conference title, but will lose out most likely on the tie breaker. These teams are one of 8 teams currenlty at 37/38 pts, which is a few points back from the 16th spot. The winner keeps themselves relevant, the loser could put themselves in a hole.

Newark (11-6) @ Mtown (9-6). Newark has played very well of late winning 9 straight games. This is their final REGULAR season game. As of right now, Newark is tied for the #13 spot. But since most teams have about 3 games left, Newark could easily be passed as teams get their 3 pts for wins. I feel like Newark will be out if they don't win this game. Mtown is one of those 8 teams tied, a few games out of the playoffs right now. Mtown has 3 tough games left (newark, Conrad & Poly), all teams fighting to get in the playoffs. Newark beat Mtown 8-1 a couple weeks ago.

St E (8-6) @ Sallies (11-3). Both teams have been hot lately. St E has won 5 straight games, while Sallies has won seven straight games. Right now i have St E as the #17 team, one of the 8 previously mentioned tied, just a few points out of the playoffs. Sallies is all but in the playoffs. I have them at the #7 spot, with 4 games remaining and a relatively light load after St E (Sanford, IR, RLCA). St E has a tough road, Sallies, Milford, Charter and Conrad, all teams fighting for a spot.

Lake (8-7) @ Dover (13-2). Lake has lost 4 of its last 7 and has an uphill battle here. I think Lake will need to win its last 3 just to get into the mix. That might still not be enough though. Dover is a half game up in the conference race on three teams. As a backup plan, Dover is #2 ranked in playoff points right now. But they do have Lake, Delmar & St Marks to play still. No easy wins there, but i'm betting just 1 win will clinch it for sure, if they aren't already mathematically there already.

Tech (12-4) @ Polytech (8-6). Poly can't win its conference and is one of those 8 teams tied just a few pts back right now. Poly does have 4 games where most have three, but they don't have many easy ones (TEch, Mtown, Laurel, DMA). Tech is a half game back in the conference but are ranked 8th in points right now. They only have 2 games remaining though, Poly and MtP. Tech has taken a huge tumble, losing its last 2 games to Milford and St Marks. Poly has lost 2 of its last 3.

Cape (10-6) @ Smyrna (12-5). Both teams are tied in the conference at 9-3, a half game back from Dover, but both lost to Dover. Cape has won 6 straight games, 5 of which were against conference foes. Smyrna is 9th in points, but this is their last game of the season. Cape is 11th in points. Cape has this game, then St Marks. So a win here is critical for both teams to get a win.

IR (7-9) @ Central (9-6). IR is in desperation mode. They can't win their conference and they have to win out to have a slight chance at the playoffs. A loss would ensure them being under .500 and end their season. Playing Central, then Sallies doesn't give them a lot of hope. Central, i don't think can win their conference. Currently they are the #15 team in points, so they are hanging by a thread. Their schedule is somewhat favorable as they have IR & Laurel to play along with St Marks. But they must win to stay pace with other teams.

PROBABLY NOT GOOD GAMES BUT THERE ARE PLAYOFF IMPLICATIONS.

St Georges @ Concord. St still has a shot at the conference, but they also are at 44 pts right now (#12). I would say one more win and there in for sure. They got Concord and Charter.

Newark Charter @ Christiana. NCS has a very, very, very slight shot at the playoffs, but a win over Christiana and DEPSS would put them at 10-7, a awesome first year of playing.

Mt P @ Wilm Christ. MT P is yet another team tied in the 37-38 range of playoff points. They have 4 games which gives them a shot, but not really easy games (Wilm Chr, Tech, Bwine, Appo). Wins are critical for them to get in the mix. Wilm Christian still have a very outside shot, but probably have to win out over MtP, DMA, Concord and Friends.

Seaford @ CR. CR is another team at 37/38 with Seaford, Hodgson and Concord. They must win two but that would put them on the bubble. Win all three and i think they are in.

Last edited:
Reactions: TouchThemAll
Newark beat Middletown today for the second time to finish season at 12-6 or over 650. Middletown ends up with 4 bonus points for the 2 losses. If Middletown had won to go 1-1 they would have ended up with 5 points 3 points for a win and 2 bonus points for playing Newark twice. Seems like a big flaw in the points system.

So Newark ends their season by winning 10 straight. I'm guessing that will put them in the tourney. Now they have to wait 10 days to play a game. Nice for healing up bumps and bruises, but talk about a momentum buster. Wouldn't be surprised to see them lose their first game.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT