ADVERTISEMENT

Gatorades Delaware Baseball POY

1avidfan

Towel boy
May 2, 2013
Saw this online this morning. Congrats and best of luck in college!

Delaware Baseball POY: Dominic DiSabatino
St. Mark's (Wilmington, Del.) Senior SS/RHP Dominic DiSabatino was named the Gatorade Delaware Baseball Player of the Year.

More0

For a list of the other Gatorade State Baseball Players of the Year, click [/I]here.[/I]

THE WINNER: Dominic DiSabatino

THE BASICS[/B]

School[/B]: St. Mark's (Wilmington, Del.)
Grade[/B]: Senior
Position[/B]: SS/RHP
Height[/B]: 6-foot-3
Weight[/B]: 170 pounds

Athletic achievement[/B]: He led the Spartans to a 20-3 record and a berth in the state tournament, scheduled for May 24. At the time of his selection, DiSabatino owned a .452 batting average with six home runs, 19 RBI, 17 runs scored and a .925 slugging percentage. A 2013 First Team All-Conference selection, he compiled a 1-0 record on the mound with a pair of saves and a 2.00 ERA in seven innings pitched through 23 games.

Academic excellence[/B]: DiSabatino has maintained a 3.12 GPA.

Exemplary character[/B]: He has participated in service-mission trips on behalf of his church and has volunteered locally as a summer camp counselor and youth baseball coach.

THE PRAISE[/B]

"Dominic DiSabatino has been a huge part of our success here as a three-year varsity starter," said St. Mark's head coach Matt Smith[/B]. "He has a strong arm, a powerful bat and has demonstrated dependability on the mound."

THE FUTURE[/B]: DiSabatino has signed with Maryland.

Sounds like a very worthy young man, congratulations

This post was edited on 5/28 12:46 PM by 84rider

2014 Delaware High School Baseball Coaches Players of the Year: Sean Deely (Archmere Academy) and
Dominic DiSabatino (St. Mark's H.S.)

Congrats to both.

Sorry this is a long time ago, but didn't want to start a new thread. Where is Disabatino at after transferring from Maryland and then to Delaware, and then disappearing from the roster a few months back.
How has Deely been doing at Delaware this season?

Harford CC. Playing very well. Batting .372 with 7 HR and 37 RBIs in 33 starts. Team is 33-7.

I don't think Deely has played this year yet. Cannot find him in any game stats.

Thats great DiSabatino was able to get off to a strong start despite the moving around. Best of luck to both young men

ADVERTISEMENT