16 Smyrna vs. 17 Sussex Tech - Winner plays 1 Ursuline
9 Sussex Central vs. 24 Cape - Winner plays 8 Hodgson
13 William Penn vs. 20 Archmere - Winner plays 4 Concord
12 Dover vs. 21 Lake Forest - Winner plays 5 St. Thomas More
15 Padua vs. 18 Conrad at Brandywine - Winner plays 2 St. E
10 Howard vs. 23 Mt. Pleasant - Winner plays 7 CR
14 Milford vs. 19 Delmarva Christian - Winner plays 3 Sanford
11 Woodbridge vs. 22 A.I DuPont - Winner plays 6 Caravel

Thoughts? See any potential upsets or should this go to the letter?

Teams by conference:
Henlopen North (6) CR, Sussex Central, Dover, Smyrna, Sussex Tech, Cape Henlopen
Blue Hen - Flight A (4) Concord, William Penn, AI duPont, Mt. Pleasant
Henolpen South (3) Woodbridge, Milford Lake Forest
Non-Conference (3) St. Thomas More, Caravel, Delmarva Christian
Blue Hen - Flight B (2) Hodgson, Howard
Catholic (3) Ursuline, St. E, Padua
Diamond State (2) Conrad, Acrhmere
Independent (1) Sanford

My Thoughts:
1) The Henlopen Conference got (9) teams in overall and (6) from the North. Is downstate weak or not or does the system needs tweaking?
2) The Blue Hen conference only got 5 teams in overall. I though Dickerson, Appo and DeLCastle had a shot.
3) Tatnall is the best team not in the field at 12-8.
4) St. Thomas More went from not being in the tournament last year to #5 seed.
5) With all the freshman and soph talent in the Top 8 (except maybe for Concord seniors ), it's going to be hard for other teams to break into that group for the next four years.
6) Sussex Central is my pick of the first round teams to possibly make it to the quarters.
7) Still see Sanford vs Ursuline in the finals ..........

Last edited:
My crazy opinion is that Lake and Possibly Howard get to the Bob. As much as I like Concord, Lake Forest can play Concord's game fairly well and if they got by Dover and St. Thomas More, it'd be interesting.

Howard will probably beat Mount and they lost to CR before they went on that long winning streak and they've seen St. E's, so they'll probably adjust well to both of those teams when the time comes.

Other than that, I got Sanford and Ursuline in the finals and Ursuline repeats.

Think SC has a good chance versus hodgson. Other than that... Probably quarterfinals before any seeds don't hold...

My crazy opinion is that Lake and Possibly Howard get to the Bob. As much as I like Concord, Lake Forest can play Concord's game fairly well and if they got by Dover and St. Thomas More, it'd be interesting.

Howard will probably beat Mount and they lost to CR before they went on that long winning streak and they've seen St. E's, so they'll probably adjust well to both of those teams when the time comes.

Other than that, I got Sanford and Ursuline in the finals and Ursuline repeats.

Dover 42 Lake Forest 38 Final

Last edited:

17 Sussex Tech wins
9 Sussex Central wins
20 Archmere wins
12 Dover wins
18 Conrad wins
10 Howard wins
14 Milford wins
11 Woodbridge wins

Archmere is one of 3 lower seeds to advance, Conrad's 2OT win over Padua sounds like game of the night.

Went to the Archmere-Penn game and Penn REALLY gave that game away. They were up by 11 early in the 1st quarter, but they let Archmere hang around and Danaziah Brown just took over in the 4th quarter. She swung that game in Archmere's favor on sheer will alone.

y
Went to the Archmere-Penn game and Penn REALLY gave that game away. They were up by 11 early in the 1st quarter, but they let Archmere hang around and Danaziah Brown just took over in the 4th quarter. She swung that game in Archmere's favor on sheer will alone.

Playoffs brings out the want in a player or team, I was hoping Penn got another shot at Concord. Was at Dover vs Lake Forest game last night while Dover almost blew a 13 point lead in the 4th quarter they hung on to beat Lake. Dover is a very interesting team they have the height and bodies inside to compete with almost any team but IMHO lack fundamentals and a true pg. They will be dangerous for St. Thomas More if they can bang it inside.

Best game in round two looks like Hodgson vs. Sussex Central. Think it will come down to Central's Sr. experience with Truitt, Jenkins and Walker being there last year vs. Hodgson fab freshmen who if make it an up and down game will do fine.

Another interesting games is Howard vs. Ceaser Rodney. I not sold on CR, I think Howard can take this if they control the ball and handle CR press. Again CR has some playoff experience so it will be interesting how Howards young ones respond.

The other games I see going as seeded.

Last edited:
WIll go with:

Ursuline
Hodgson
Concord
Thomas More (Dover could win this, though)
St. E.
Howard
Sanford
Caravel

Some of these teams have met before in blowouts.

Somehow, I've got a strange feeling about Conrad tonight. I could be wrong, but a team that young coming off of that big a win might have some serious confidence rolling into St. E tonight. Sticking with St. E, but it really wouldn't surprise me if Conrad pulled this off tonight.

Reactions: wrestling123
Somehow, I've got a strange feeling about Conrad tonight. I could be wrong, but a team that young coming off of that big a win might have some serious confidence rolling into St. E tonight. Sticking with St. E, but it really wouldn't surprise me if Conrad pulled this off tonight.

There you go. Nice call!

I swear to you, I had a funny feeling that Conrad wasn't a one-hit wonder. St. E just didn't "WOW" me the two times I saw them this year and when ol Mo(mentum) is on your side, crazy things happen. Nice win for those young ladies on Boxwood Road.

Saw Hodgson-Central tonight. They have a nice young nucleus and their senior leader (Mayes) was outstanding tonight, she disrupted everything SC tried on offense.

Didn't see the Conrad upset coming, Conrad with all their 8th graders and the middle school girl will be scary in the next couple of years. Hats off to Hodgson they again show they are a force now and will be in the future. St Thomas More keeps winning the games the should they are a steady team with only one bad loss to Hodgson but have a greater challenge in Concord on Saturday.

The biggest story this year in Girls Basketball is the abundant of talent in the 2019 and 2020 class is unprecedented!

From last night you can tell the skill of St. Thomas More freshman was so much better than Dover's Jr. and Sr's. This is a direct quote from Dover's coach “They’re just so quick,” she said. “They’re not very big but they are just quick. And they have great ball-handling skills. It was pretty impressive to watch.”

Stat line for Conrad "17 points by 8th grader Julie Kulesza, 17 by 8th grader Alyssa Faville, 12 by fr Jordan Rook and 10 by sr. Sarah Kautz paced the Lady Redskins of Conrad to a 57-55 win over the Lady Vikings of St. Elizabeth. Really? St.E's was the third seeded team and ranked in the top 5 for most of the year. WOW!!

Hodgson "On a team that features three freshmen starters ... , was aided in the win by freshmen Ja-naiah Perkins-Jackson (16 points) and Kayla Braxton-Young (11 points)" in their win over Central.

Stanford - "20 points by fr Kendra Warren, 11 by fr Olivia Tucker paced the Lady Warriors of Sanford to a 65-25 win over the Lady Bucs of Milford."

Plus all the other freshman that are leading their teams in scoring this year around the state. In the past you would have a couple of freshman or eight graders having a roll but not like this year crop. Justabasketballfan called it at the beginning of the year and man was he right. The future is bright for Delaware girls basketball!

Last edited:
Didn't see the Conrad upset coming, Conrad with all their 8th graders and the middle school girl will be scary in the next couple of years. Hats off to Hodgson they again show they are a force now and will be in the future. St Thomas More keeps winning the games the should they are a steady team with only one bad loss to Hodgson but have a greater challenge in Concord on Saturday.

The biggest story this year in Girls Basketball is the abundant of talent in the 2019 and 2020 class is unprecedented!

From last night you can tell the skill of St. Thomas More freshman was is so much better than Dover's Jr. and Sr's. This is a direct quote from Dover coach “They’re just so quick,” she said. “They’re not very big but they are just quick. And they have great ball-handling skills. It was pretty impressive to watch.”

Stat line for Conrad "17 points by 8th grader Julie Kulesza, 17 by 8th grader Alyssa Faville, 12 by fr Jordan Rook and 10 by sr. Sarah Kautz paced the Lady Redskins of Conrad to a 57-55 win over the Lady Vikings of St. Elizabeth. Really? St.E's was the third seeded team and ranked in the top 5 for most of the year. WOW!!

Hodgson "On a team that features three freshmen starters ... , was aided in the win by freshmen Ja-naiah Perkins-Jackson (16 points) and Kayla Braxton-Young (11 points)" in their win over Central.

Stanford - "20 points by fr Kendra Warren, 11 by fr Olivia Tucker paced the Lady Warriors of Sanford to a 65-25 win over the Lady Bucs of Milford."

Plus all the other freshman that are leading their teams in scoring this year around the state. In the past you would have a couple of freshman or eight graders having a roll but not like this year crop. Justabasketballfan called it at the beginning of the year and man was he right. The future is bright for Delaware girls basketball!

Quite a crop of talented freshman, no doubt about it. Love the Sanford PG - she is special.

Was at the Caravel game and they've got some intriguing freshman - most notably Brown #1.

Last point, Altia Anderson did it all for Woodbridge. Have seen her a few times this year and it's amazing how many areas of the game she can impact. Special player and a shame more upstate opponents and fans didn't get a chance to see her.

Up 16 at half...Wow great win for Conrad. The future looks bright for them. Nice to see the public schools get credit finally and maybe even shock some people. I'm pulling for Concord though. Great coach and gets the best out of his kids. Although every coach that is still in it does the same. Good to see competitive basketball in the state. The better coached team will beat teams that have good players but bad coaches most times.

Conrad isn't finished, I like them to win vs CR.;
Them young girls are GOOD and 2 more 7th graders moving up to the varisty next year, Conrad gonna be a force for good while

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT