ADVERTISEMENT

Girls tourney seeding unofficial

Filmore00

Tackles too high
Jan 13, 2017
Crunched some numbers and here it goes. Unofficial. Official seedings will be out Friday.

1- Ursuline plays winner of
16-Lake/17-Milford

2- Caravel plays winner of
15-Howard/18-Dover

3- CR plays winner of
14-Cape/19 Mt. Pleasant

4-Sanford plays winner of
13-Sussex Central/20-St. Thomas

5-Conrad plays winner of
12-Hodgson/21-Delmarva Christian

6- Concord plays winner of
11-AI DuPont/22-Delcastle

7- St E's plays winner of
10-Laurel/23-Friends

8. Sussex Tech plays winner of
9-Archmere/24-DMA

Crunched some numbers and here it goes. Unofficial. Official seedings will be out Friday.

1- Ursuline plays winner of
16-Lake/17-Milford

2- Caravel plays winner of
15-Howard/18-Dover

3- CR plays winner of
14-Cape/19 Mt. Pleasant

4-Sanford plays winner of
13-Sussex Central/20-St. Thomas

5-Conrad plays winner of
12-Hodgson/21-Delmarva Christian

6- Concord plays winner of
11-AI DuPont/22-Delcastle

7- St E's plays winner of
10-Laurel/23-Friends

8. Sussex Tech plays winner of
9-Archmere/24-DMA[/QU
In a earlier post I said Sanford or UA would win it for the next 2 3 years, well I had a change of heart after seeing this "lol" if this bracket holds up I think we have a good shot at winning it this year!

With how the brackets run now you gotta think it's a possibility for a UA vs StE, Caravel, or Cr. Or a Sanford vs StE, Caravel, or CR.

Sanford needs to get there schedule up some more like it use to be. Can't finish how they do and be placed at 4th. I know they have to play conference but play a few more better teams to jump that index. We won't see the two best play for finals in my opinion.

The state championship game will be Sanford/UA in the semis, which sucks because they are the best two teams by far.

Got to disagree. Ursuline has proven to be dominant & there coach I believe coasted when they played Sanford. I'm going to assume he didn't want to show his cards. I think Caravel & Conrad have very talented teams with solid all-state players that can flat out play. Can't wait to see Sanford and Conrad rematch. I think Conrad coach will have his team fired up and ready to play. So so very youthful & skilled. Also, I think the winner of Archmere and St. E's game could be a factor in that side of the bracket. I'm sensing St. E's coach is concerned considering Archmere was beating St. E's a few weeks back only to surrender late. If my memory services me correctly St. E's got upset at home last year by Conrad. Archmere also went to overtime with Caravel. Should be an exciting tournament. Any upsets? Howard over CR? Archmere over St. E's? AI over Concord?

It REALLY wouldn't surprise me if Archmere and Howard met in the quarters. Howard has the size advantage and the skilled guards to match up with CR, although I think at this stage, Coach Victory's experience could put them over the top. Dan Pisani is a tremendous coach, saw him get Appo to the final four when he had two talented DII-caliber college players on the squad (Amani Clark and Ashley Smith), so it wouldn't surprise me if Archmere beats St. E this time around (sorry BP lol)

It REALLY wouldn't surprise me if Archmere and Howard met in the quarters. Howard has the size advantage and the skilled guards to match up with CR, although I think at this stage, Coach Victory's experience could put them over the top. Dan Pisani is a tremendous coach, saw him get Appo to the final four when he had two talented DII-caliber college players on the squad (Amani Clark and Ashley Smith), so it wouldn't surprise me if Archmere beats St. E this time around (sorry BP lol)
That's cool, can't lose I have interest in that team too along with UA so I will enjoy myself this tournament...After this season I am done so I will reveal myself to a certain few! #lol

I believe Metz was either injured or had a bad game against Archmere. St. E's wins going away

Reactions: big-picture
I think StE has the talent, Speaks and Bromwell should lead them with Lee and Metz who can spark the team. My concern is in big games sometimes you see the coaches not coaching. I saw the last UA game and even though it was closer then the first it seems the kids were coaching themselves and not the coaches. Look at who StE loses too. CR good coach, UA good coach. Diamond state classic good coaches. They were losing to Howard on Wednesday too.

If they don't mentally prepare it will be the second year they head home early with all that talent.

Conrad and Sanford in the quarters may possibly be the best game of the tournament.
Only to face UA, guessing a UA vs Caravel final but anything can happen.

I'm a homer, still like the lady riders to go to the chip, I think it's good that people are underestimating them.....

CR beat St E who beat Caravel, so it's not impossible or improbable, just stating the home team opinion.....CR beat HVT by 9 1st time and 15 the 2nd time while Caravel beat HVT by 11 so it's not like they are two different skill levels

CR might lose to Howard. If not no way they'll beat St. E's or Archmere. Another early exit. Sorry but you'll believe me once it happens. You've got to remember downstate teams play zero defense & it will be a shock to CR when they see a team that actually defends. Being a homer is cool and all but being realistic should override. Lol. Good luck to your CR squad but doubt they win more than one game.

@Filmore00, your reasoning is funny but juvenile, downstate teams play zero defense and CR will be shocked, wow great analysis....how long did it take you to come up with that, my reasoning is based on common opponents. Such as Howard and Archmere's performance against teams that we already played smh

Last edited:
I was at CR in early December, and it was St. Elizabeth that played no defense late in that one. But a game from three months ago is probably not the best yardstick. I really like Caravel. I think this year's team is as good as the ones that made the finals in 2013 and '15, and they had Caroline Davis, Ky'Asia Stanford and Micah Morgan.

@DoltWrite, i agree that games from three months ago may not be the best yardstick but the familiarity of the style of basketball is a good yardstick, obviously coach victory knows what it takes to win, i believe he will have the lady riders ready to play. no one willed shocked by upstate defenses, just saying

@Filmore00, your reasoning is funny but juvenile, downstate teams play zero defense and CR will be shocked, wow great analysis....how long did it take you to come up with that, my reasoning is based on common opponents. Such as Howard and Archmere's performance against teams that we already played smh

Juvenile? Really... ok... let me be a homer and root for a very overrated CR team. I'll be back to tell you when they lose.

Reactions: 84rider
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT