ADVERTISEMENT

Henlopen South

It’s possible, definitely have a lot returning from last year, I haven’t seen Hoskins play, any intel on his game ?

Hoskins is one of the best drivers and getting to the basket players in Delaware. Didn't get a chance to see him in the scrimmages, if he improved his pull-up and shooting range he will be an unstoppable threat for them.

Reactions: 84rider
No offense but he was supposed too against that competition just saying of course

Hoskins is a freakish athlete. Arguably one of the best at getting to the rim in the state. The biggest problem for him is keeping his head straight. If the young man can stay on the right track, the sky is the limit for him.

Lake is the truth. Defense turns into offense. Still win by 30 despite Hoskins foul trouble. #24 was a beast down low drawing about 6 charges

Lake is the truth. Defense turns into offense. Still win by 30 despite Hoskins foul trouble. #24 was a beast down low drawing about 6 charges
Laurel. ... Lmao.. Wait until they play the North... Going get spanked easily.... I dont think they can beat Sussex Tech....lol.. Let alone Smryna, Cape or C.R... Dover might get them too... South is super weak this year...

Yeah...and it is at Cape.
Could be quite the difficult one. Cape needs to do something this year. Too much fire power in Rickards and Robertson not to make it anywhere
Got get something out of there guards.. Rankings came out yesterday. Smyrna is 1, Caravel 2, Cape 3, Sanford 4 and Mount 5.. Top 5... Sports zone rankings. .. Caravel at Smyrna Thursday at 6:15.. Should be a good one...

Reactions: DDBasketballCoach
They win the South hands down. Interesting test worthy games will be
1/16 vs Hodgson
1/26 vs CR
2/6 @ Cape

Lake has Red Lion & Caravel in the next few weeks as well so kudos to them for scheduling some tough out-of-conference games while they are expected to have a good year vs playing the Christian schools down south which would have done nothing to help them this year. They will be battle-tested come playoff time this year for sure.

Woodbridge was in attendance getting their scout on last night which might be the only team in the Henlopen South to test them this year. Any word on Corbin?

Watched Smyrna play Dover last week, honestly was not impressed by them very much. Dover gets 2 more shots to fall and they win that game. Maybe Garnett was just rusty being his first game and all but maybe they will get better as the season progresses. Going to have to try and make that game Thursday tho!
Mount I see being there in the end but without Kramer season could be rough.

Lake has Red Lion & Caravel in the next few weeks as well so kudos to them for scheduling some tough out-of-conference games while they are expected to have a good year vs playing the Christian schools down south which would have done nothing to help them this year. They will be battle-tested come playoff time this year for sure.

Woodbridge was in attendance getting their scout on last night which might be the only team in the Henlopen South to test them this year. Any word on Corbin?

I didn't see the game but Red Lion just lost to Newark Charter..Only by 2 but still a game they shouldn't have lost by any means.

Watched Smyrna play Dover last week, honestly was not impressed by them very much. Dover gets 2 more shots to fall and they win that game. Maybe Garnett was just rusty being his first game and all but maybe they will get better as the season progresses. Going to have to try and make that game Thursday tho!
Mount I see being there in the end but without Kramer season could be rough.

Impressed or not Smyrna will be OK just off of their guard play alone & may have the best backcourt in this state which will carry you a long ways in Delaware. They are nowhere near as dangerous as last year w/ 7’2 Nwankwo but Bloodsworth, Matthews & Garnett will be enough to have them right in the mix. Let’s not forget that they already have a quality win over Cape, who just beat Sanford. I have been told that Sussex Tech is a sleeper team this year so let’s see how that game goes tonight. Also, you mentioned Mount but I like St. George’s to be there in the end over Mount.

Don't wanna say Cape beating Sanford was a fluke but 53 free throws in a game is pretty crazy lol
I'm usually high on Mount ever since the days of Burnett but without Kramer this year I am very iffy about them.
No real dominant team this year and I agree Smyrna will be carried by their guards especially bloodsworth, he is a natural facilitator.
I didn't see the Sussex Tech vs Dover game but I've been hearing a lot about Tech being a sleeper and they had their down years so they are on the movement up to return what they were a couple years ago.
Right now I am pretty big on CR want to see them play Smyrna or Cape before Im completely sold but they have some awesome guard play right now and agreed St Georges will be there toward the end as well. Hyland is a beast and Griffin really knows how to coach his boys and get the best out of them.

Don't wanna say Cape beating Sanford was a fluke but 53 free throws in a game is pretty crazy lol
I'm usually high on Mount ever since the days of Burnett but without Kramer this year I am very iffy about them.
No real dominant team this year and I agree Smyrna will be carried by their guards especially bloodsworth, he is a natural facilitator.
I didn't see the Sussex Tech vs Dover game but I've been hearing a lot about Tech being a sleeper and they had their down years so they are on the movement up to return what they were a couple years ago.
Right now I am pretty big on CR want to see them play Smyrna or Cape before Im completely sold but they have some awesome guard play right now and agreed St Georges will be there toward the end as well. Hyland is a beast and Griffin really knows how to coach his boys and get the best out of them.
Cape at C.R .. Friday night...

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT