ADVERTISEMENT

Hillers destroying Sallies

Sals not having Molen at 100 percent or Hinds (ejected from the semifinal game) hurt, but the way Tower Hill shot tonight, it might not have even mattered. That was the best I've seen a team shoot in a championship game. And Tower didn't even do anything outside of their normal Princeton type offense - they just moved the ball so well, the open looks were there and they couldn't miss.

Sals not having Molen at 100 percent or Hinds (ejected from the semifinal game) hurt, but the way Tower Hill shot tonight, it might not have even mattered. That was the best I've seen a team shoot in a championship game. And Tower didn't even do anything outside of their normal Princeton type offense - they just moved the ball so well, the open looks were there and they couldn't miss.
Their 2 games at the Bob were about as flawless as you'll ever see! They played very well in both games in all phases. Hats off to the coaches for the game plan and preparation, and to the players for their on-the-court execution. A stunning performance!

Great game plan and play by the Hillers. They are very poised and displayed patience. They broke Sallies press many times with ease. The Shepherd twins will lead them back deep in the tourney next year!

The title BBall title returns to the city. Tower Hill added to Wilmington High (R.I.P.), Salesianum, Howard, P.S duPont R.I.P.) and St.Elizabeth's.
Congratulations to Tower Hill.

Last edited:
The list of City champions includes P. S. du Pont, the 1968 state champions, led by Kenny Helfand.
Johnny, good catch. I was out for a walk and remembered the ‘68 Dynamiters coached by Frank Brady. I got to see them play like 4-5 times in PS’s small gym with the team benches under the East baskets (similar to Vanderbilt). Helfand, Johnson, Ewing, York - if I remember correctly. I will be damned if I can remember the 5th starter and the 6th man.

Loved those PS teams of the mid 60’s, too.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT