ADVERTISEMENT

Lake Forest - 43 Milford - 38...??? I'm

J12

D1AA Prospect
Feb 18, 2002
Lake goes into Milford & comes out with the win 43-38 a game after Milford upsets Cape. I wasn't in attendance but that's a big win for Lake.

Talk about confusion early in the season downstate...

Woodbridge beats Milford
Milford beats Cape
Cape beats CR
CR beats Lake by 29
Lake also loss to Laurel but wins @ Milford tonight
CR loses 66-31 to Smyrna tonight

Has Woodbridge & Smyrna began to separate themselves from the pack downstate already?

Lake goes into Milford & comes out with the win 43-38 a game after Milford upsets Cape. I wasn't in attendance but that's a big win for Lake.

Woodbridge beats Milford
Milford beats Cape
Cape beats CR
CR beats Lake by 29

Has Woodbridge & Smyrna began to separate themselves from the pack downstate already?
Gotta ageee with you j12, Smyrna & bridge are getting it done

Agreed, beginning of the year for the north I thought it would between Smyrna and CR but after tonight's game Smyrna has separated themselves downstate with almost no competition. Woodbridge I thought would run through the south besides Milford giving them some problems but with a loss to Lake tonight it's all Woodbridge now.

Henlopen overall for basketball is down this year. I was high on Cape but as the season is going on I'm losing hope. Tech and Central are both going to struggle later on. Polytech and CR seem to be playing and surprising people but haven't played the heart of their schedules yet. Dover I thought was going to be a dark house but that seems to be way off. Smyrna is by far the best team downstate. Don't know much about the Henlopen South so I can't say to much there.

Reactions: 84rider
Henlopen overall for basketball is down this year. I was high on Cape but as the season is going on I'm losing hope. Tech and Central are both going to struggle later on. Polytech and CR seem to be playing and surprising people but haven't played the heart of their schedules yet. Dover I thought was going to be a dark house but that seems to be way off. Smyrna is by far the best team downstate. Don't know much about the Henlopen South so I can't say to much there.
Smryna is going to win Henlopen.. Not even close... Woodbridge doing well.. Cape If had right coach would battle Smryna to the end.. But when i saw them loose to Milford that aint good at all. Beacause of coaching... I quickly dismiss them.. Smryna vs Woodbridge for Conference... Smryna wins easily Bridge way too Small...

Woodbridge beats Milford
Milford beats Cape
Cape beats CR
CR beats Lake by 29

No confusion... Only 1 team downstate that is contenders for a title and thats Smryna... Rest of the teams going beat each other because they all are average teams.. Some a little better than others.. Like Woodbridge alot but no size will hurt them bad going against upstate teams....

Third quarter Lake @ Milford 2 points per team. Trust me, it wasn't great D.

No confusion... Only 1 team downstate that is contenders for a title and thats Smryna... Rest of the teams going beat each other because they all are average teams.. Some a little better than others.. Like Woodbridge alot but no size will hurt them bad going against upstate teams....

I like St. Thomas More downstate too even though they are not in the Henlopen Conference, but it will be hard to get a grasp on them during the regular season considering they play so many out-of-state teams this year. I see that they loss to J.R. Smith's old school St. Benedict's Prep (NJ) this past weekend 78-60 but no shame there considering they are a nationally known program that produces multiple D1 players every year & the shortest player on their roster this year is 6'1. It looks like the toughest in-state opponent STMA will face is Milford this year during the regular season.

I like St. Thomas More downstate too even though they are not in the Henlopen Conference, but it will be hard to get a grasp on them during the regular season considering they play so many out-of-state teams this year. I see that they loss to J.R. Smith's old school St. Benedict's Prep (NJ) this past weekend 78-60 but no shame there considering they are a nationally known program that produces multiple D1 players every year & the shortest player on their roster this year is 6'1. It looks like the toughest in-state opponent STMA will face is Milford this year during the regular season.
St. Moore will kill Milford...period.. We was just talking about far as Henlopen conferences...

There was a lid on the basket in the second half! It was a poor night shooting for both teams. Lake got just enough! Milford fell into one of those bad nights and started watching their best player play instead of playing with him. He had a tough night from the floor and that translated to the teams performance. They've gotta figure that out

St. Moore will kill Milford...period.. We was just talking about far as Henlopen conferences...

I'm going to have to agree after what I saw last year when St. Thomas More went into Milford & went up like 25 and Milford had a better team last year. It won't get much easier for Milford come next Tuesday when Smyrna visits them...I hope they come to play or it will get ugly fast.

St.Thomas More has a few players, but Scott was a key part in their upset over Dover last year. I agree they are probably the second best team but without Scott they don't have it in them to make a serious run. I do however like their coach, gets the most out of his players that's for sure.

St.Thomas More has a few players, but Scott was a key part in their upset over Dover last year. I agree they are probably the second best team but without Scott they don't have it in them to make a serious run. I do however like their coach, gets the most out of his players that's for sure.

They did lose Scott but they returned everyone else & added the Montanez kid who is their leading scorer right now so I definitely think they will be making another run to the Bob. Not to mention they played together all summer-long winning DII Nationals I believe so they are very familiar with each other and play as a team. Anyone know where Montanez came in from?

I'm going to have to agree after what I saw last year when St. Thomas More went into Milford & went up like 25 and Milford had a better team last year. It won't get much easier for Milford come next Tuesday when Smyrna visits them...I hope they come to play or it will get ugly fast.
Smryna by 25...

Man you better go watch them.. They dismantled Smryna in fall league... They Deep and tall team... They will be at Bob easily...

Yeah believe me that St.Thomas More team is scary. I saw those boys come into to Dover and come away with a win. Definitely not a team I would want to face. Scott was a huge impact but there's other weapon on that squad.

Yeah believe me that St.Thomas More team is scary. I saw those boys come into to Dover and come away with a win. Definitely not a team I would want to face. Scott was a huge impact but there's other weapon on that squad.
Everybody thinks just because they lost Scott .. They aint the same... They in for a rude awaking...

Lake came up for a scrimmage and held their own with Smyrna and St. Marks. Smyrna didn't have their football players yet if that mattered. They didn't get run off the floor. Each quarter was a point either way when the ones were in.

I honestly think St.Thomas More will be more a threat in the playoffs than Smyrna will be. Smyrna doesn't have the guard play in my opinion to be dominant.

Woodbridge beats Milford
Milford beats Cape
Cape beats CR
CR beats Lake by 29

We will see!!

I doubt Wb size will hurt them there starting team averages 6"0 they will be fine. It's all about how they want to compete they can score

Lake came up for a scrimmage and held their own with Smyrna and St. Marks. Smyrna didn't have their football players yet if that mattered. They didn't get run off the floor. Each quarter was a point either way when the ones were in.
I doubt Wb size will hurt them there starting team averages 6"0 they will be fine. It's all about how they want to compete they can score
Yea big difference when you play talented bigs in tourney like Cramer .. Ingram .. Smryna 7 footers...

Interesting info on downstate teams. I think that 6'6 black kid at Cape is a college prospect and the best player downstate. Oh ya, downstate ain't winning nothing important come playoff time vs upstate teams

1 2 step the f$&k off, outta here with that stupid sh!t
One thing on this forum... We never disrespect anybody race.... No matter of you white . black.. Or from a different countries... So just choose.. Your words carefully please... Think you meant no harm... Just some people type better than others.... Talking about 12 step....

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT