ADVERTISEMENT

Lax Awards 2021

dellylax

Mascot
Mar 5, 2020
Delaware
All-State and All-American (AA) Awards

Archmere: Conor Udovich (D)
Cape: Gabe Best (AA, A), Landon Best (LSM/D), Michael Frederick (A), Hank D’Ambrogi (AA, A/M), Jaden Davis (M), Drew Dennis (D), Michael Sposato (G)
Charter: Eric Goliaszewski (D)
Milford: Landan Hajek (A/M)
Sallies: Caelan Driggs (A), Colby Bushweller (M), Dylan Mooney (A), Griff McGovern (M), Matt Riley (AA, FOGO), Charlie Ruoss (A), Dom Rottura (AA, LSM), Wyatt Skinner (AA, G)
Sanford: Collin Campbell (A/M), Devon Lucky (A), Tim Lucky (AA, FOGO), Xander Bauguess (AA, D)), Dom Pompeii (LSM/D)
Tower Hill: Brendan Hickey (A/M)

No POTY, COTY, or Second Team were selected. Thoughts?

All-State and All-American (AA) Awards

Archmere: Conor Udovich (D)
Cape: Gabe Best (AA, A), Landon Best (LSM/D), Michael Frederick (A), Hank D’Ambrogi (AA, A/M), Jaden Davis (M), Drew Dennis (D), Michael Sposato (G)
Charter: Eric Goliaszewski (D)
Milford: Landan Hajek (A/M)
Sallies: Caelan Driggs (A), Colby Bushweller (M), Dylan Mooney (A), Griff McGovern (M), Matt Riley (AA, FOGO), Charlie Ruoss (A), Dom Rottura (AA, LSM), Wyatt Skinner (AA, G)
Sanford: Collin Campbell (A/M), Devon Lucky (A), Tim Lucky (AA, FOGO), Xander Bauguess (AA, D)), Dom Pompeii (LSM/D)
Tower Hill: Brendan Hickey (A/M)

No POTY, COTY, or Second Team were selected. Thoughts?
I think they definitely should’ve had a second team all-state. Not sure why they deviated from prior years on that. Coach of the year was Sanford’s Tim lucky, while player of the year was Sanford’s Tim lucky! Yes folks, father and son.

I think they definitely should’ve had a second team all-state. Not sure why they deviated from prior years on that. Coach of the year was Sanford’s Tim lucky, while player of the year was Sanford’s Tim lucky! Yes folks, father and son.
Where did you get the COY & POY info? TNJ says specifically that neither of those were awarded.

Fwiw, I was told by a board member that the chair decided that a Zoom meeting selecting a 2nd & 3rd team would simply take too long. If that’s true, it’s shameful.

Reactions: dellylax
Where did you get the COY & POY info? TNJ says specifically that neither of those were awarded.
COY was announced in first week of June; POY was announced yesterday. Both have been posted on Sanford School's Twitter account. I'm also told this info was also announced yesterday on PhillyLacrosse.com website. Not sure I agreed with either COY or POY selection.

COY was announced in first week of June; POY was announced yesterday. Both have been posted on Sanford School's Twitter account. I'm also told this info was also announced yesterday on PhillyLacrosse.com website. Not sure I agreed with either COY or POY selection.
No offense Timmy is a great kid but he isn't POY. Not sure he is even the best player on his team, Campbell probably is. I would have went with Driggs or Riley, probably Riley as he dominated pretty much all season except against IMG/Malvern and he played well there too.

No offense Timmy is a great kid but he isn't POY. Not sure he is even the best player on his team, Campbell probably is. I would have went with Driggs or Riley, probably Riley as he dominated pretty much all season except against IMG/Malvern and he played well there too.
Not to slight [Lucky], but I (mostly) agree with your statement. I would not put Driggs there because D'Ambrogi is better and maybe even Campbell.
Matt Riley should be player of the year, stamp it and ship it. He is the better player at the position and without him, Sals wouldn't see half of their success.

Reactions: delawarenole
Not to slight [Lucky], but I (mostly) agree with your statement. I would not put Driggs there because D'Ambrogi is better and maybe even Campbell.
Matt Riley should be player of the year, stamp it and ship it. He is the better player at the position and without him, Sals wouldn't see half of their success.
Only reason I put Driggs was his impact for Salesianum - lot of clutch goals. But I agree its Riley all day.

Only reason I put Driggs was his impact for Salesianum - lot of clutch goals. But I agree its Riley all day.
Did just hear Lucky had like 70 goals. If true sounds like he’s a true candidate, owe the kid an apology. Not sure which is more important those goals or the control Riley provided SLesianum all year . Was like a make it take bball game back in the day.
But 70 goals is some serious points.

Matt Reilly and Landen Hajeck are the only two viable candidates for POTY. Reilly is clearly one of the better FOGOs not only in the state but the nation. Going to an elite Georgetown squad next year, kid is valid. As for Hajeck.... his play speaks for itself, what’s understood doesn’t need to be explained. Words can’t accurately describe how good Hajeck is. My pro comparison for Hajeck is Gary Gait, a creative, shifty scorer who finds himself racking up the points game after game. God, he’s good. Hajeck should have been All American imo.

Matt Reilly and Landen Hajeck are the only two viable candidates for POTY. Reilly is clearly one of the better FOGOs not only in the state but the nation. Going to an elite Georgetown squad next year, kid is valid. As for Hajeck.... his play speaks for itself, what’s understood doesn’t need to be explained. Words can’t accurately describe how good Hajeck is. My pro comparison for Hajeck is Gary Gait, a creative, shifty scorer who finds himself racking up the points game after game. God, he’s good. Hajeck should have been All American imo.
Hajeck… that’s gotta be a joke. No offense to the kid. But no where close to poty or all American

Lol, great name EDP445....but no offense, Hajeks a nobody. Nothing against him, but you can be on a team like Milford and be talked about as one of the best. Basically a what-if kinda situation talking about him. Cape/Sals/Stanford are really the only programs even worth considering players from.

As far as Lucky being POY, yea i don’t get that much either. May have scored 70 buts that against lesser opponents, cheap goals. From the games i watched, thought the campbell kid on his own team was better. Probably would have gave it to Reilly as most here agree.

Lol, great name EDP445....but no offense, Hajeks a nobody. Nothing against him, but you can be on a team like Milford and be talked about as one of the best. Basically a what-if kinda situation talking about him. Cape/Sals/Stanford are really the only programs even worth considering players from.

As far as Lucky being POY, yea i don’t get that much either. May have scored 70 buts that against lesser opponents, cheap goals. From the games i watched, thought the campbell kid on his own team was better. Probably would have gave it to Reilly as most here agree.
I’m going to need you to retract the statement about Hajeck.

Reactions: Huskerman7
Holy shit just saw Colin Campbells stats - if what I saw is true he should have been player of the year. 97 Goals and 37 Assist. WOW

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT