ADVERTISEMENT

Lloyd Badson

Eddie Shore

Water boy
Jul 15, 2014
I just heard that he received an offer from the University of Delaware. Congrats to him. He really earned it.

Congrats.. I hope it works out I feel Delaware may be a stretech for Badson Div I AA is tough leval. Least we get another Delaware kid. I hope to see more stay at home..We need these kids to bring back the fans.

Couldn't agree more HSS. My dad had season tickets for almost 30 some years, and I can't remember A time where I didn't tag along, all up until about last season. To have to pay money, just to pay for your tickets is a little ridiculous but I understand why and that most schools if not all do this as well. But the way they went about it, was wrong and lost so many long time season ticket holders. My dad said hell never go back. I for one wouldn't mind, but why spend 400-500 on season tickets when you can buy them at the gate every game for only $17 and get a better seat than the season tickets they offer you?

They have good deals on Tickets for $120 you can get a pretty good ticket $99 in the end zone not to bad.Its going to be nice watching Delaware kids playing there.

His Dad might be one of the best Defensive Players ever in Delaware I played against him and in the Blue&Gold Game and he was awesome.

I remember his dad very well. One of the best LBs ever.

I've been going to UD games since 1968. Saw a lot of games from 1971 through 77. Then I was on-and-off until the end of Tubby's time and have been a consistent attendee since Matt Nagy was QB. What has happened to them is a disgrace. They killed the goose who laid the golden egg.

A long time ago there was a thread on who were the best DE HS players we had ever seen. I had Badsen way near the top of my list.

I think at the moment UD FB is becoming irrelevant. That is the greatest sin of all.

Originally posted by Chesdel:

A long time ago there was a thread on who were the best DE HS players we had ever seen. I had Badsen way near the top of my list.

I think at the moment UD FB is becoming irrelevant. That is the greatest sin of all.

Perfect set up for a Bruce Reynold's reference.

Originally posted by BlueTea:

Originally posted by Chesdel:

Perfect set up for a Bruce Reynold's reference.
That wasn't where I was going but thanks for the set up. Tres had a nice article on young Badson today and alluded to Caravel alum Bobby Kennedy as a potential comparison.

Now on to Reynolds. The man retired as a HS FB Coach at 53 with over 200 wins. He certainly would have been a very capable assistant coach at the college level. As it has been well over a decade since he has been out of the game it is kind of worthless to speculate what more he could have accomplished. .

The UD FB situation is problematic at best, a train wreck at worst.

ADVERTISEMENT