ADVERTISEMENT

Mount @ Glasgow

I have not seen either team this year but if the Red Lion team that I saw last night beat Glasgow then I would have to say that Mount Pleasant would be a huge favorite.

Redlion vs Lake, Red Lion was without 2 starters
I have not seen either team this year but if the Red Lion team that I saw last night beat Glasgow then I would have to say that Mount Pleasant would be a huge favorite.

Reactions: sals2011
Glasgow put up a good fight in the first half with two starters out. One hurt and the other one suspended. Devon Earl was again in foul trouble which seemed to hurt the team. Glasgow will be a tournament team. 2-3 with loses against Sanford, Red Lion and Mount Pleasant. That's not bad.

Funny how is last years threads we were talking about how good the coach from Glasgow was and now this year he is incompetent? Another reason why kids today are the way they are. Blame the coach if they lose, not because they got beat by a better team with better ball players. We give kids excuses now why they dont succeed. No wonder why they have no accountability. A coach can only do so much by putting the kids in a situtation to be successful. After that it is on the kid. Smh

Funny how is last years threads we were talking about how good the coach from Glasgow was and now this year he is incompetent? Another reason why kids today are the way they are. Blame the coach if they lose, not because they got beat by a better team with better ball players. We give kids excuses now why they dont succeed. No wonder why they have no accountability. A coach can only do so much by putting the kids in a situtation to be successful. After that it is on the kid. Smh

Now in reference to Glasgow Coach, I look at substance before I make comments so here are the facts. His team is undisciplined, kids arguing with each other, they look disorganized with no game plan which is reflected by the lack of ball movement or structured offense. Kids appear to have loss confidence which shows in their body language and lack of inspiration. This is a team that is lead by seniors, has talent and the ability to compete with anyone in the state. I respectfully disagree on the kids being at fault here, the issue here in Delaware is the only people being held accountable or made to suffer is the kids. Criticism is normal & should be expected in sports, everyone needs to grow some balls & stop being so sensitive we don't live in a fairytale world. Anyone with minimal basketball or sports IQ can tell he needs to attend some coaching clinics. When I watch teams like Red Lion who has less talent but great coaching I can see by the way they move the ball, defend and rebound they've been coached. When I watch Glasgow over the summer vs now they're a different team. They now look like a bunch of kids with no direction & that's leadership. It is my conclusion that a lot of Delaware Coaches dont know what they're doing & should be held accountable for poor team leadership & performance just like the real world & that includes academics as well as sports.

Last edited:
There turnovers are high for a gaurd centered team, spacing is poor & shooting confidence has dropped dramatically. There knock down best shooter appears scared to shoot. Kids don't box out which for a small team is a killer. There only true inside threat # 12 who has talent is poorly utilize & can barely get the rock at times. These are all matters that can be easily corrected if people put feelings aside and get in the gym & make changes. My belief is that he coaches with his ego rather than substance & appears tyrannical at times when put in pressure situation, not taking important advice from assistant coaches or understanding how to get in kids heads and motivate them individually. He can become a good Coach but many times we all need to wake up.

Last edited:
smh, junkie keep your political views to yourself. This is a basketball forum. Hit up MSNBC if you want to sulk...

Last edited:
I agree. I am obviously a supporter of Glasgow HS. This coach took over a program that has won 3 games the year before. Last year they won 11 games. In his second year, he has this team play hard. Yes, they lost to an amazing Mount Pleasant team who most likely will win the state championship this year. Glasgow gave mount Pleasant a tough time in the 1st half. Glasgow ran out of talent. Mt. Seems to wear teams down. They are really good!!!! I think that with time this year, Glasgow will get better and better fine. They seem to have a tough schedule so they will earn points. I personally think that the Glasgow coach is doing a fine job. Once, he gets his team to play a complete game, they will be a tough team. Again let's judge him and any other coaches in the state by mid January... it's too early

Then I watch teams like Red Lion who has less talent but great coaching I can see by the way they move the ball, defend and rebound they've been coached. When I watch Glasgow over the summer vs now they're a different team. They now look like a bunch of kids with no direction & that's leadership. It is my conclusion that a lot of Delaware Coaches dont know what they're doing & should be held accountable for poor team leadership & performance just like the real world & that includes academics as well as sports.
Someone once told me that had a lot of basketball knowledge that in order of importance at each level is:

Middle/H.S. ======> COACHING ======> GUARD PLAY ======> OVERALL TALENT
College ======> GUARD PLAY ======> COACHING ======> OVERALL TALENT
NBA PRO ======> OVERALL TALENT ========> GUARD PLAY ======> COACHING

In college I remember St. Joseph's run with guards Jameer Nelson and Delonte West and Davidson run Seth Curry. In the NBA there's no debate talent is king. So yes at the HS level good coaching is paramount. Tell me of any HS in the last 20 yrs that had poor coaching and guard play and won the ship?

DelawareSportJunkie keep preaching bro someday maybe they will listen!

Last edited:
I agree. I am obviously a supporter of Glasgow HS. This coach took over a program that has won 3 games the year before. Last year they won 11 games. In his second year, he has this team play hard. Yes, they lost to an amazing Mount Pleasant team who most likely will win the state championship this year. Glasgow gave mount Pleasant a tough time in the 1st half. Glasgow ran out of talent. Mt. Seems to wear teams down. They are really good!!!! I think that with time this year, Glasgow will get better and better fine. They seem to have a tough schedule so they will earn points. I personally think that the Glasgow coach is doing a fine job. Once, he gets his team to play a complete game, they will be a tough team. Again let's judge him and any other coaches in the state by mid January... it's too early
Jan.. Next week... If takes You more than 10 games to figure out wat each player can do .... Chances are you are wat you are in thé first 5... 10 games played will tell you about every team in State...

Reactions: Patcomic
I still believe Glasgow has a shot at the playoffs.. they've only played 5 games and we are bashing the coach? They have one of the toughest schedules in the state so I highly doubt every game will be a W but they will have many points.. Last night they executed well in the first have but in the 3rd quarter they came out a little flat and once Cramer dunked it the momentum shifted which caused them to lose. Plus Devon Earl was fouled out which hurt them. Also let's not forget guys that 2 of the starters were out!! One of the starters #10 helps a lot with the boards and the other #4 helps tremendously with scoring. Also think the big guy from Glasgow needs more touches. Chemistry is also a major key in winning games !!! Mid-January is when we can really analyze these teams,players, and coaches

Some critics on here live in a fairy tale world if you think every good team does everything absolutely right. A good coach on a good team knows that his team has weaknesses whether it's rebounding bad ball movement or whatever the case may be. I'd love to see junkie in a coaching role so we can critique everything your kids do wrong and then blame you regardless if it not what you teach. Lay off the Glasgow coach who puts in his time and has made the program better than it has been in years. He is not incompetent, he knows the game and has played in France professionally. Find a new hobby. Lord knows who will be the next coach you talk about while you sit in the stands complaining. Get off your ass and let us know the next team you coach. I'm sure a lot of us will be there to watch ready to critique.

Reactions: Lazertron
Some critics on here live in a fairy tale world if you think every good team does everything absolutely right. A good coach on a good team knows that his team has weaknesses whether it's rebounding bad ball movement or whatever the case may be. I'd love to see junkie in a coaching role so we can critique everything your kids do wrong and then blame you regardless if it not what you teach. Lay off the Glasgow coach who puts in his time and has made the program better than it has been in years. He is not incompetent, he knows the game and has played in France professionally. Find a new hobby. Lord knows who will be the next coach you talk about while you sit in the stands complaining. Get off your ass and let us know the next team you coach. I'm sure a lot of us will be there to watch ready to critique.
Been their done that, faced the fire of criticism. D1 & professional credentials. And here is my professional opinion based on doing & being. Team needs a lot of work, get in the gym & make it happen, help the kids & stop being a cry baby. One of my worse coaching blunders was thinking I knew how to coach just because I was a good player. Team looked like sh_t could not reach kids. A guy who never played a lick of college taught me how to coach kids.

Last edited:
Lol @patomic on the clip. Ghigh might be in trouble or they will bounce back when the schedule lightens up to get some confidence. Last year y'all was saying he was a great coach and now y'all killing the guy smh. Last year y'all was promoting Earl as best pg and all state caliber and he is struggling every game smh if he plays better maybe they play better. Who is developing them... The new coach....lol

Lol @patomic on the clip. Ghigh might be in trouble or they will bounce back when the schedule lightens up to get some confidence. Last year y'all was saying he was a great coach and now y'all killing the guy smh. Last year y'all was promoting Earl as best pg and all state caliber and he is struggling every game smh if he plays better maybe they play better. Who is developing them... The new coach....lol
Man just is way better period.. They was having fun with Ghigh .... Smh

Still believe Earl is the best POINT GUARD. Since when was the point guards role to score???? He has many new players around he's trying to share the ball with all the scorers around him. BUT he does have to score more to help win. Ghigh is struggling but it is early. I'm sure they'll make the playoffs

Still believe Earl is the best POINT GUARD. Since when was the point guards role to score???? He has many new players around he's trying to share the ball with all the scorers around him. BUT he does have to score more to help win. Ghigh is struggling but it is early. I'm sure they'll make the playoffs
Ali best....

Talked to a source from GHigh recently and was informed Earl has been playing the first couple of games with the flu... He sayed it's getting better and he should be fine by there next game

We can give Glasgow wins against Brandywine, Christiana, McKean and Dickinson, that's six. I think it'll take 12 to get in the tournament this year and they still have games against Hodgson/St. Georges/Howard/Penn/Delcastle/Caravel, so they've got the pull it together quickly.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT