ADVERTISEMENT

Mt. Pleasant - Christiana

J12

D1AA Prospect
Feb 18, 2002
Did I read that correctly...Christiana beat Mount 63-60 tonight?

I was thinking the same when I just saw it
I do not think Ali played tonight. He had 2 techs in the Newark game and I think he had to sit this one out. Christiana has some good players and without Ali I can see how they could do it.

Reactions: 84rider
If you don't come to play this year against the Vikings, you'll end up like Mount Pleasant did.

If you don't come to play this year against the Vikings, you'll end up like Mount Pleasant did.
I wouldn't say all of that, I wasn't aware that Ali didn't play & everybody knows that Mount goes as Ali goes...if he doesn't play then just about any team has a shot to beat them. Looking at their schedule Christiana looks like just another team that has fed off of the weaker teams & this was their first win against a team over .500...this is also the same Christiana team that had back-to-back losses to our beloved Delmarva Christian & 6-10 Howard.

It looks like home team posts the results on the school sites.

It looks like most of Glasgow's home games don't have player scores. I noticed the same with Dover.

But usually Penn does so the names should be there.

Reactions: 84rider
When’s the last time Glasgow posted anything? It’s okay, you don’t know.
No need for me to look because it’s not that big of an issue to me but box scores are just usually posted. If you have that big of an issue call em up & ask em soccer mom. W/ a state as small as DE the opposing coaches & players I would assume know who their players are so if something fishy is going on (as I have heard it often does at Glasgow) then I would think it comes lo light.

I'm just not happy about missing this game. Had it circled for awhile. Glasgow's one of the best teams I've seen and Penn has won 7 of 8 only loss weird game against Sussex Tech.

On the other hand, if Glasgow is missing players....

Dover games rarely have box scores this season, usually when they do have them it’s because the opposing teams post them

Reactions: Chill44
No need for me to look because it’s not that big of an issue to me but box scores are just usually posted. If you have that big of an issue call em up & ask em soccer mom. W/ a state as small as DE the opposing coaches & players I would assume know who their players are so if something fishy is going on (as I have heard it often does at Glasgow) then I would think it comes lo light.
That was the point I was making dips*it about Glasgow.

As an aside, visiting teams have the ability to go remove their players info even when the home team post it. That does happen.

Didn't realize box scores were so controversial.

Maybe that's the real reason the News Journal stopped putting them in.

That was the point I was making dips*it about Glasgow.
Sounds like sour grapes to me panzee...Head back to the soccer board if U gonna whine. FYI...I have no affiliation w/ Glasgow & am a downstate guy “dips*it”.

Reactions: jvm3
Sounds like sour grapes to me panzee...Head back to the soccer board if U gonna whine. FYI...I have no affiliation w/ Glasgow & am a downstate guy “dips*it”.
Figured you were from downstate when your comment made no sense.

Reactions: Jules1127
Mount gets stripped. Whines and walks back to D. Newark gets stripped and sprints like the wind to stop ball. Easy to see. Y’all see who got the Dub. and I bleed green.

Reactions: jvm3
They probably don’t post the box score so the players don’t worry about who had the most points since y’all usually only base who the best players are by who can put the ball in the bucket the most (which isn’t true btw & usually college recruit players based on potential, grades & how they can fit in their teams system) not sure about the rosters though but this is best the Glasgow team we seen in a few years (despite an elite 8 run last season) so give them a break...

Last edited:
Reactions: Chill44 and jvm3
They probably don’t post the box score so the players don’t worry about who had the most points since y’all usually only base who the best players are by who can put the ball in the bucket the most (which isn’t true btw & usually college recruit players based on potential, grades & how they can fit in their teams system) not sure about the rosters though but this is best Glasgow team we seen in a few years so give them a break...

Well said.

They probably don’t post the box score so the players don’t worry about who had the most points since y’all usually only base who the best players are by who can put the ball in the bucket the most (which isn’t true btw & usually college recruit players based on potential, grades & how they can fit in their teams system) not sure about the rosters though but this is best the Glasgow team we seen in a few years (despite an elite 8 run last season) so give them a break...

Could be the reason then again it may not. The players know who had how many points but like I said sounds good reading your explanation. Obviously we know scouts don’t use box scores but as fans or followers it’s nice to know.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT