ADVERTISEMENT

national rankings

I kind of remember Newark being a top 25 team regionally during the 2000s...that would put them somewhere in the top 200 I would guess?

Over the years, Delawares Division 1 Champion has usually been ranked top 500. Yes, this is indeed one of the higher rankings in recent years. I believe back in 2006 when Salesianum went undefeated they were ranked top 300 and I believe Middletowns undefeated season 2 years ago they were as well. I remember growing up watching Newark play in the early 2000s when they had the Harris brothers, Brandon Snow, Spiese, Wiggins, and Kisner and I believe they were ranked in the top 50 as they had about 4 or 5 Division 1 athletes with 2 making the NFL.

Middletowns undefeated team in 2012-2013 was nationally ranked 160...Salesianum 2006-2007 undefeated team was ranked 390. I can't find any national rankings before 2004 to find that stacked Newark team.

Reactions: Hypowerblue4
The only stat I could find was Newarks 12-0 team in 2001 was ranked 9th in the East region. I am guessing, with that ranking regionally, they would have a chance to be top 100 nationally with their being about 6 or 7 regions??

Salesianum topped out tied at #82 with Permian (Odessa, TX) in 2004 the Monday after the win over CR and the Monday prior to taking a tough loss to Interboro. Coincidentally it was also the week that Friday Night Light premiered in Delaware.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT