ADVERTISEMENT

NCC 7on7.

MTownCavs09

JV stand out
Sep 11, 2007
TEAMS INVOLVED: Caravel, Brandywine, Delcastle, Glasgow, Odessa, Smyrna, Newark, Charter, Elkton (MD), St. George’s, Appo, Red Lion, Middletown, St. Marks, Dickinson, Conrad, Sallies, DMA, Dover, Hodgson, Lake Forest, A.I. DuPont, Howard, St. Elizabeth’s, Christiana.

HOST SITES: A.I. DuPont, Caravel, St. Marks, St. George’s, DMA, Middletown, Newark.

WEEK 1 SCHEDULE:
TUESDAY, June 20th.

@DMA - Brandywine vs. Sallies - 5:15pm
@DMA - DMA vs. Brandywine - 6:15pm
@DMA - DMA vs. Sallies - 7:15pm

@CAR - Caravel vs. Conrad - 6:15pm
@CAR - Smyrna vs. St. Elizabeth’s - 6:15pm
@CAR - Caravel vs. St. Elizabeth’s - 7:15pm
@CAR - Smyrna vs. Conrad - 7:15pm

@NEW - Hodgson vs. Dickinson - 5:15pm
@NEW - Newark vs. Hodgson - 6:15pm
@NEW - Newark vs. Dickinson - 7:15pm

@MID - Middletown vs. Christiana - 6:15pm
@MID - Lake Forest vs. Delcastle - 6:15pm
@MID - Middletown vs. Delcastle - 7:15pm
@MID - Lake Forest vs. Christiana 7:15pm

@STG - St. George’s vs. Elkton - 6:15pm
@STG - Dover vs. Glasgow - 6:15pm
@STG - St. George’s vs. Glasgow - 7:15pm
@STG - Dover vs. Elkton - 7:15pm

THURSDAY, JUNE 22nd
@AI - A.I. DuPont vs. Charter - 6:15pm
@AI - Howard vs. Red Lion - 6:15pm
@AI - A.I. DuPont vs. Red Lion - 7:15pm
@AI - Howard vs. Charter - 7:15pm

@STM - Odessa vs. Appo - 5:15pm
@STM - St. Marks vs. Odessa - 6:15pm
@STM - St. Marks vs. Appo - 7:15pm

FULL SCHEDULE WILL BE RELEASED AT A LATER DATE.

Last edited:
TEAMS INVOLVED: Caravel, Brandywine, Delcastle, Glasgow, Odessa, Smyrna, Newark, Charter, Elkton (MD), St. George’s, Appo, Red Lion, Middletown, St. Marks, Dickinson, Conrad, Sallies, DMA, Dover, Hodgson, Lake Forest, A.I. DuPont, Howard, St. Elizabeth’s, Christiana.

HOST SITES: A.I. DuPont, Caravel, St. Marks, St. George’s, DMA, Middletown, Newark.

WEEK 1 SCHEDULE:
TUESDAY, June 20th.

@DMA - Brandywine vs. Sallies - 5:15pm
@DMA - DMA vs. Brandywine - 6:15pm
@DMA - DMA vs. Sallies - 7:15pm

@CAR - Caravel vs. Conrad - 6:15pm
@CAR - Smyrna vs. St. Elizabeth’s - 6:15pm
@CAR - Caravel vs. St. Elizabeth’s - 7:15pm
@CAR - Smyrna vs. Conrad - 7:15pm

@NEW - Hodgson vs. Dickinson - 5:15pm
@NEW - Newark vs. Hodgson - 6:15pm
@NEW - Newark vs. Dickinson - 7:15pm

@MID - Middletown vs. Christiana - 6:15pm
@MID - Lake Forest vs. Delcastle - 6:15pm
@MID - Middletown vs. Delcastle - 7:15pm
@MID - Lake Forest vs. Christiana 7:15pm

@STG - St. George’s vs. Elkton - 6:15pm
@STG - Dover vs. Glasgow - 6:15pm
@STG - St. George’s vs. Glasgow - 7:15pm
@STG - Dover vs. Elkton - 7:15pm

THURSDAY, JUNE 22nd
@AI - A.I. DuPont vs. Charter - 6:15pm
@AI - Howard vs. Red Lion - 7:15pm
@AI - A.I. DuPont vs. Red Lion - 6:15pm
@AI - Howard vs. Charter - 7:15pm

@STM - Odessa vs. Appo - 5:15pm
@STM - St. Marks vs. Odessa - 6:15pm
@STM - St. Marks vs. Appo - 7:15pm

FULL SCHEDULE WILL BE RELEASED AT A LATER DATE.
Howard vs Red Lion should be interesting. There is s conflict in times as Howard is scheduled to play Charter at the same time.

Howard vs Red Lion should be interesting. There is s conflict in times as Howard is scheduled to play Charter at the same time.
Conflict in times was my bad. And fixed.

But as far as games goes, the 3 that intrigues me the most are St. Marks/Appo, DMA/Sallies, and Dover/Elkton.

With St. Marks moving up and Appo being the defending Class 3A Division 1 champs, it should give a good perspective if St. Marks has the talent and speed to play up a level.

Sallies plays DMA week 1, so we will see just how much turnover did DMA have after the Lincoln era went disastrous. Sallies had young team last year, one could say they over achieved but another year in the system and a new playbook should be sweet to see if the “Slowskys” can operate out of a spread formation, air raid offense.

Dover, in my mind will and should open the season as the top dog with the returning talent they possess and Elkton lost in the playoffs to eventual champion Dunbar…so there’s talent there as well.

Haven’t seen the full schedule yet, but there was changes.

The only ones I know so far is Middletown and Lake Forest will be playing Red lion and Delcastle instead of Christiana and Delcastle

Haven’t seen the full schedule yet, but there was changes.

The only ones I know so far is Middletown and Lake Forest will be playing Red lion and Delcastle instead of Christiana and Delcastle
Full schedule is out

Anyone get to any of these games. Standout teams?
Red Lion stood out to me. Their receiver who just got an offer from James Madison was a serious problem for the DBs on the field. QB Budinger (sorry if I butchered that name) had a good spin on the ball, was able to hit some deep passes. I could see Red Lion making a strong push this season. It is only 7on7 and things are different when there’s pads on and the trenches are full but look out.

Middletown has an abundance of wide receivers who are over 6 feet with great hands. I never saw one kid use his body to catch the ball. Troyer was in good shape and I would assume is gonna be in contention for delawares top QB this year. The sophmore RBs gained a lot of size and could be a problem for defenses.

Delcastle was well undersized, not many kids showed up for 7on7. A lot of us were saying the QB wasn’t gonna be able to throw the deep ball, 2 seconds after caught a wide open receiver streaking down the side line and he hit him in stride for a nice touchdown, but other than that I left unimpressed, which is a shame because delcastle had a few solid .500-.600 seasons with some good talent.

Reactions: Woody_Wood
I was expecting much more from RedLions QB …. considering all the hype

Red Lion stood out to me. Their receiver who just got an offer from James Madison was a serious problem for the DBs on the field. QB Budinger (sorry if I butchered that name) had a good spin on the ball, was able to hit some deep passes. I could see Red Lion making a strong push this season. It is only 7on7 and things are different when there’s pads on and the trenches are full but look out.

Middletown has an abundance of wide receivers who are over 6 feet with great hands. I never saw one kid use his body to catch the ball. Troyer was in good shape and I would assume is gonna be in contention for delawares top QB this year. The sophmore RBs gained a lot of size and could be a problem for defenses.

Delcastle was well undersized, not many kids showed up for 7on7. A lot of us were saying the QB wasn’t gonna be able to throw the deep ball, 2 seconds after caught a wide open receiver streaking down the side line and he hit him in stride for a nice touchdown, but other than that I left unimpressed, which is a shame because delcastle had a few solid .500-.600 seasons with some good talent.
Red Lion should be pretty good this year. They had a lot of young talented players last year. They were inexperienced and it showed. This year with a playoff game under their belt they should be ready to make a run.

Reactions: MTownCavs09
Red Lion will be good - very good in that class. My understanding is that there is another starting QB at Smyrna. Not the youngster. Sallies looks like they actually have speed again. DMA will be down. Watch for Cape to take a major step up this year. Lots of Skill players there. Wish they would let kids press and have to play a legit defense in 7v7 - too many gimmicks. Hoping to get out there this week with more feedback.

Sallies and Middletown will play each other tomorrow night so obviously I’m not missing that, but looking at the schedules, I’m making it a priority to go check out Smyrna when they go up against Sallies as well.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT