ADVERTISEMENT

NCC Summer 7on7

ravensrooster2

Top 100 Prospect
Jun 30, 2010
Standings so far... some surprises.. Interesting St Marks isn't in it.. Wonder if that has to with what happened last year?

Smyrna 8-0
Middletown 8-0
Appo 6-2
Sals 6-2
Howard 6-2
Mckean 5-3
Caravel 4-4
Brandywine 4-4
DMA 4-4
Tatnall 4-4
Dover 4-4
AI 3-5
St E's 3-5
Christiana 2-6
Concord 2-6
Delcastle 2-6
Red Lion 1-7
Conrad 0-8

Its a shame Smyrna didn't draw MT on the schedule.. both likely to finish 10-0 for split title

Last edited:
So mad I missed this summer. Interesting thing for me is that Conrad is 0 for the summer. They were a tournament team for much of last season, wonder if they lost a lot or traditionally don't do well in the 7 on 7s.

GKR if I remember correctly Conrad did pretty decent last year... at least .500 or a game or two over..

RR- here you go
7on7 2014 Final Standings
Bucs 9-1
Sallies 7-3
Senators 7-3
Vikings 7-3
Capuano Construction 6-4
Middletown Farm Service 6-4
Redskins 6-4
Tigers 6-4
AES Cougars 5-5
Force 5-5
Francis Chiropractic 4-6
Highlanders 4-6
Jaguars 4-6
Raiders 4-6
Wildcats 4-6
Hornets 3-7
Spartans 2-8
Red Lions 1-9

...glad o see ya back Uncle B

Not sure if true or not, but I heard he transferred to Penn and somehow reclassified.

Btw, Smyrna's team looks pretty good in 7 on 7

Does anyone know if Smyrna is still a Wing T team or have they gone to a different offense? They typically don't do all that well at 7on7 as they used it to run their Wing T pass plays (1 or 2 receiver routes) which was easy to defend 7on7.. Big Tru have you seen them are they running something different this summer?

Last edited:
They are a gun 4/5 wide team. Switched to begin last season. Very explosive as year progressed. Heard they had no senior starters last year. I would put them preseason top 5.

They are a gun 4/5 wide team. Switched to begin last season. Very explosive as year progressed. Heard they had no senior starters last year. I would put them preseason top 5.

Nice... I noticed they have a decent amount of returning Sr's.. Should make for very interesting HEN North..

Sals vs Smyrna game just got much more interesting.. .

Last edited:
ahh I see they have Coach Marks on staff now..he knows his stuff..its all making sense now l:)

I can see Smyrna making a long run and becoming a strong program again.. They have built a monster wrestling program, New school with nice facilities, running a modern O .. I can definitely see Smyrna becoming a destination school attracting athletes..

Last edited:
rr2-you hit the nail on the head with Coach Marks...looks like some of the other teams I have seen him call plays for in the past.

Spread it out...4/5 wide and make you defend in open space. QB looks good and they have tall wide out

The big receiver is Marquelle Bennett whom also was the 195 lb State Wrestling Champion this year.. I'm betting he has a monster season for them.

Last edited:
If Smyrna is in fact the real deal they need to prove it by beating MT, something they haven't done I think since the Pre-Billings days.

Hope people don't think Smyrna is the real deal because the won a few 7on7 games
I agree with Dove and Snoop Dog.....7/7 only gives you a glance at what a team offers. That said-every so often you can see that a team has something special.....case in point-2 summers ago at 7/7 I witnessed the "Miracle at Midway" when Penn upset the eventual D-1 champ Salesianum. It was very clear then that WP was BACK!
That season they go on to make the playoffs that year but eventually lost in 1st round.
Last season they ran the table and won it all.

Is Smyrna that team where you walk away thinking they have something special?

I agree with Dove and Snoop Dog.....7/7 only gives you a glance at what a team offers. That said-every so often you can see that a team has something special.....case in point-2 summers ago at 7/7 I witnessed the "Miracle at Midway" when Penn upset the eventual D-1 champ Salesianum. It was very clear then that WP was BACK!
That season they go on to make the playoffs that year but eventually lost in 1st round.
Last season they ran the table and won it all.

Is Smyrna that team where you walk away thinking they have something special?
Penn won 1 7on7 game that year they tried and play there system in 7on7 and you can't do that so there last game they played street football which is what 7on7 is and they won it wasn't a upset.They didn't even play 7on7 last year.

I would say they are a contender based of the experience they return and signs they should last year. Year one they were decent, looks like they really understand the system now. We shall see shortly.

I would say they are a contender based of the experience they return and signs they should last year. Year one they were decent, looks like they really understand the system now. We shall see shortly.
Watch our for Smyrna..

Great young coach who is in his second season running the show. The future is bright and I predict will only get brighter. They will be a fundamentally sound who will run a very progressive offense and defense. I expect you to see the 7 on 7 success to translate to success next year. Only time will tell but I see a very bright future for them.

Penn won 1 7on7 game that year they tried and play there system in 7on7 and you can't do that so there last game they played street football which is what 7on7 is and they won it wasn't a upset.They didn't even play 7on7 last year.

Dog....have to agree to disagree on that game vs Sals. it certainly was an upset-anybody there could see it and could also observe the revival of WP Football. Salesianum plays to win. PERIOD!
Call it street ball, call it what ya want, but call it an upset.

If it was an upset in 7x7, it certaintly wasn't during the regular season game at Baynard. If memory serves, the Sals went up something like 21-0 before BDN called off the dogs.

Watch our for Smyrna..

Great young coach who is in his second season running the show. The future is bright and I predict will only get brighter. They will be a fundamentally sound who will run a very progressive offense and defense. I expect you to see the 7 on 7 success to translate to success next year. Only time will tell but I see a very bright future for them.

For the folks who don't know the history.. Coach Marks was the QB Coach at Red Lion and when Coach Day left he took over as the OC.. He was OC at ECA for 1 year maybe 2 until Day returned to be OC and COO of the school... Before Red Lion Coach Marks was the WR coach at UD and also was a coach in the Oakland Raiders organization before that.. He brings a ton of energy and is a hands on coach who knows how to teach that offense well.. Great move by Judy putting him on staff and letting him run with it.. .. Especially since he has been a Math teacher at Smyrna at least for 5 years now and knows the kids..

If it was an upset in 7x7, it certaintly wasn't during the regular season game at Baynard. If memory serves, the Sals went up something like 21-0 before BDN called off the dogs.

Dove- your memory is very good! My point was simply that it was clear or should have been to all that WP was reborn and that 7/7 win vs Sals was a sign of good things to come. I said it the night they played up there.

They didn't play Sals at Baynard that year

Plus Judy has the former Oline coach from Wesley on his staff too... Judy was a 4 year year starter at Wesley and all conference 3 years. Has college coaching experience and has coached at the high school and college level for almost 15 years.
Strong staff... Again I would expect some big things from Smyrna over the next five years.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT