ADVERTISEMENT

Not Sallies . . .

DELacrosse

Mascot
Feb 4, 2013
Someone in another post mentioned how we always end up talking about Sallies. So this is a post where no one mentions Sallies (with that one exception). So, who is looking strong so far? I've seen CR, Cape, Archmere, St. Mark's, and Poly. They all look solid to strong and right now I'd probably put them in that order. CR has a really good offense and I haven't seen Aloe's name pop up, is he hurt? If he is able to come back that offense will be really good, the new goalie looks solid but their goalie last year was really good and hard to replace. Cape is a veteran team, I saw their roster and they play seniors almost exclusively. They have 3 or 4 juniors in the rotation but that's it. Add in the fact that they play a challenging schedule and you have a smart and dangerous team. Can't wait for the CR/Cape showdown. Archmere has a couple of kids who can really play, they seem like they're a lot better than last year's team. I think St. Mark's and Poly are similar, they don't really have any spectacular players but they play hard and smart and both have goalies who can keep them in a game. I saw Poly/CR and Poly's goalie kept them in the game, he must have made 7 or 8 ridiculous saves. The same thing can be said for St. Mark's goalie. I saw him vs. the team we shall not name and, especially in the first half, made a few unbelievable saves. I haven't see Tower Hill, Dover, Appo, or Friends. I'm curious about Tower Hill. Where would they rank? Purely off the scores I've seen I'd put them close to CR and Cape. Thoughts?

This post was edited on 4/11 8:14 AM by DELacrosse

I noticed Lax Power has CR ranked in a 3-way tie for 13th in the nation. I understand that the computer model has its flaws and CR is not likely a top 20 team. But if CR could beat the team from 18th and Broom then CR could end up ranked at the end of the year in the computer model. I do not think it is likely but just in case, the kids from CR should take screen shots of the Lax Power rankings. That way they can tell their children they played for a nationally ranked team. I would.

I guess CR's run at a top 20 finish is over. I hope the kids from CR took screen shots from Lax Power when they were still in the top 15. I know it is only a computer model but it was still nice to see another Delaware team in the national rankings.

STM/CR score. Well, if past experience is any guide you will see the score in the NJ this Tuesday or Wednesday
laugh.r191677.gif

Cape
Tower Hill
Archmere
St. Marks
CR
Appoqiunimink
Polytech
Sussex Tech
Delmar
Caravel
DMA

This post was edited on 4/15 8:11 AM by Tarzan79

This post was edited on 4/18 8:44 AM by Tarzan79

This post was edited on 4/29 8:44 PM by Tarzan79

I was surprised St Mark's beat CR especially by that score. I saw CR was up after the 1st, anyone know what happened? Looks like St. Mark's dominated after that.

I heard the goalie for St. Marks had some great saves when they needed it the most. CR must have lost some confidence after they starting to take the lead. Would have been nice to see something in the paper, especially since it was for a cause, online had the scores reversed.

whatchoo-willis.jpg

"CR must have lost some confidence after they starting to take the lead."

This post was edited on 4/15 12:36 PM by 84rider

How does one" lose confidence" after taking the lead? just asking....could it possibly be that St Marks made some adjustments and CR didnt respond to those adjustments?
This post was edited on 4/15 2:05 PM by 84rider

Outofstate i understand what you're trying to say but as i said before, St Marks regrouped and made the necessary adjustments and CR didnt...generally all sporting events have momentum swings usually brought on by coaches or great plays, sounds like CR was out coached and out played in the second half plain and simple, no confidence issues, but i do appreciate your opinion.

84rider it sounds like you were at the CR/Saint Marks game. What did St Marks do as far as adjustments that led to 10 straight goals?

@laxdeusa, i was not at the game, i was simply stating the obvious...i was curious as to the how and why of ouofstates comment "CR lost their confidence after taking the lead" as to the actual game it stands to reason that CR was simply either outcoached or outplayed...as you probably already know, in sports in general when one team jumps out to an early lead it puts the losing team on the proverbial ropes...the response is either quit and lose but sometimes in brings out the best in some teams, the ability to make adjustments and respond. just blabbering, as i said before i am not a lax aficionado but i do know sports and the mind set of an athlete, being one many many years ago lol

Trying to find someone who was at the game to post details of what happened. Saint Marks scored 10 straight.
Thats difficult to do unless you are dominating the faceoffs or CR was turning the ball over. It must have been a sparsely attended game and we will never hear details of what happened.

CR jumped out to a 4-0 lead probably half way through the first quarter. St. Marks coach called time out and let his players have it. It sounded like he was concerned about getting the right defensive matchups. From that point #14 guarded #9 and #8 guarded #2 and did a good job of not getting beat. The other CR players had trouble beating their defender. At this time St. M scored 10 straight goals before CR scored in the 3rd quarter. Thought #9 and #7 played well for St. M offensively. St. M did a good job facing off I thought winning the majority of the faces. St. M goalie got warmer as the game progressed. Maybe the schedules heading into the game helped prepare one team better than the other. Tough games make tough teams!

ADVERTISEMENT