ADVERTISEMENT

POY Girls Basketball

If I am not mistaken it is player of the “year” not just the tournament. She had a solid tournament and won the chip. But I think others should be in the conversation like Ber’Nyah Mayo and Julie Kulesza. Both were much more consistent throughout the season. Park had the best and strongest supporting cast of the three players. She has two legit post players which she also benefited from.

Reactions: Hoops330
Lauren Park and it's not close....

Show me one game where Park was the main focus of the other teams defense? Or when she was boxed and 1 or double or triple teamed. Julie Kulesza and Ber’Nyah Mayo had that a lot in many of their games. Teams were never that concerned with her like the other two

Like @EducatedEye said, it’s not even close.
Mayo and Braxton-Young are the only other two close and they all have something in common, D1 Scholarships. Is anyone else in that conversation?

Seen all the top players play in person and if you asked the players (DD played all of them) LP wins hands down! Mayo would be my second choice.

If you watched any Sanford games in the playoffs, the opposing team always focused their defensive efforts on stopping Olivia Tucker. Also if you watched, you noticed that Coach Thompson always put her on the opposing team’s best offensive player. Go back and look what Braxton Young, Marvel, and Julie Kulesza did against her in their playoff run. Oh yeah, and that’s why she’s going to St Bonaventure on a D1 basketball scholarship. Dropping 16 in the Championship game was just icing on the cake. Coach Thompson should get Coach of the Year!

Reactions: Sports_Fan72
If you watched any Sanford games in the playoffs, the opposing team always focused their defensive efforts on stopping Olivia Tucker. Also if you watched, you noticed that Coach Thompson always put her on the opposing team’s best offensive player. Go back and look what Braxton Young, Marvel, and Julie Kulesza did against her in their playoff run. Oh yeah, and that’s why she’s going to St Bonaventure on a D1 basketball scholarship. Dropping 16 in the Championship game was just icing on the cake. Coach Thompson should get Coach of the Year!
Is that why Caravel played 2-3 zone?

Show me one game where Park was the main focus of the other teams defense? Or when she was boxed and 1 or double or triple teamed. Julie Kulesza and Ber’Nyah Mayo had that a lot in many of their games. Teams were never that concerned with her like the other two
What kind of coach is sending double and triple teams? Can I see this on film? Julie and fatty are simply not on Lauren’s level .. and maybe if they were their teams would have been in that game on Friday night

Nothing against any of the other players, but Lauren Park is the POY by a wide margin. You don't have to average 20-plus points per game to affect the outcome of a game or a tournament. You can ask her teammates who they look to at winning time, you can ask opposing coaches who Sanford's most feared player is and the answer you'll get is the young lady who'll be playing at Seton Hall next year.

Reactions: 84rider
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT