ADVERTISEMENT

Prayers and support for Billy Phillips

Jan 20, 2015
Does anyone know what happened to Phillips? Been seeing lots of social media about him. Not sure what is up. Anyone have any insight?

This post was edited on 3/17 6:30 PM by DEsportmaniac

This post was edited on 3/18 10:58 AM by DEsportmaniac

Re: Billy Phillips

diagnosed with leukemia. confirmed by maryland baseball. unreal. prayers with the young man and his family.

This post was edited on 3/16 11:56 PM by bball212

I don't think that everyone needs to know Young Mr. Phillips' business!!! This thread should be removed!!!! Just keep him in your thoughts and prayers!!!

AGREED!!! DePreps should remove this thread immediately and respect this young man's situation. Prayers are with him and his family. They have battled through so much.

My apologies to everyone. I did not know something so severe happened. I figured maybe an injury. Is there a way for me to delete the thread? My apologies again. My prayers go to him and his family.

Originally posted by DEsportmaniac:
My apologies to everyone. I did not know something so severe happened. I figured maybe an injury. Is there a way for me to delete the thread? My apologies again. My prayers go to him and his family.
Since this forum doesn't appear to be monitored very closely, maybe it would be better to change the subject line to "Support and Prayers for Billy Phillips".

This post was edited on 3/18 9:58 AM by TouchThemAll

Re: PLEASE DELETE "Billy Phillips"

Everyone should just relax. Billy has confirmed this himself. Let's just all send our thoughts and prayers out to the young man.

Considering there is a go fund me site for him I would imagine the family would like attention to his condition.

Re: PLEASE DELETE "Billy Phillips"

@DEsport, under the circumstances, could you edit you post once again to NOT read as it currently does. Read it aloud and think about changing it. One of the unfortunate consequences of the invasive nature of social media is that there is an automatic backlash when some simply ask a question about an athlete. Does just knowing about his condition disrespect his privacy. There is a distinct difference in informing the supportive sports community and invading someone's privacy. And as mentioned, it is best for him and his fundraising efforts that as many people know as possible. I'd much rather hear "news" on a reputable and monitored forum than the "wild west" of social media. Lastly, like it or not, these kids are talked about so much that it's rather unrealistic to think that this type of news wouldn't "leak" in lil' ole Delaware. One of the things that makes us special is the fact that everyone is connected in some way by schools, coaches. parents, teammates and community. We are all in this zoo together and therein lies the strength and support for everyone.

Originally posted by TouchThemAll:
Originally posted by DEsportmaniac:
Since this forum doesn't appear to be monitored very
closely, maybe it would be better to change the subject line to "Support
and Prayers for Billy Phillips".

This was actually a good thing to post this if it attracts people to the donations site.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT