ADVERTISEMENT

Running the Table

8yaz

Top 100 Prospect
Mar 22, 2007
I know it's not nice to focus on something negative, but it's sort of fun to try and predict who might run the table in a bad way each season. It's not easy to do. I know Seaford got it done two years ago. I think McKean may have a shot this year. Anyone else?

If you have a prediction on the positive side of this, share it here too. Anyone going to win all of their games? I don't see that happening.

Hey, I don't want to see any team go winless, but I find it something fun to follow.

My alma mater has a historically bad baseball team, so I guess I have to make them the favorite. Hope the Howard Wildcats prove me wrong, but...yeah.

Howard and McKean play twice. Hopefully they'll split.

Christiana has a shot too. Their next two games are against McKean and Howard, so one of these three teams will be eliminated from this possibility.

Seaford and Concord lose again and are still winless.
Howard's at 0-5
St Andrews is 0-6
If they get the game in today, either McKean or Christiana will get the monkey off their back.

On the other side, St Marks, Charter and Archmere remained undefeated.
Milford is 4-0
Caravel and DMA lost their first games so they're out of the running

This post was edited on 4/10 6:22 AM by 8yaz

One undefeated team's chance at running the table on the positive side will end today when Archmere squares off against St Marks. First pitch in a few minutes. I'm going to be late.

Yep. Archmere fell off the list yesterday at St Marks.

Here are the teams who have yet to win a game as of yesterdays games:

Christiana
Concord
Howard
McKean
Seaford
St Andrews
Newark Charter

Date: 4/12/2015
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 R H E
St. Mark's HS 0 0 0 0 1 0 0 1 2 2
Conrad School 0 0 4 0 0 0 X 4 6 1

Was at the St Marks/Conrad game, I saw 2 errors that I can remember on St Marks and I cant remember but I think they both ended up hurting them, 1st one was a grounder that the 3rd baseman tried to backhand and whiffed on and second one was a grounder that I thought the SS waited on when he should have kept coming forward, sat back and ball played him and snuck right through him. Spartans just didn't hit, think the kid from Conrad (Hyatt) threw a pretty good game and kept them off balance, he worked the outside part of the plate a lot and why not the ump was giving him a few inches off the plate. Good game plan on Conrad part, game ended with a nice running catch in RF by the other Hyatt boy, if that ball gets by him a run scores and the batter is probably at 3rd with their 3,4,5 coming up. Good quick game, MLB would have been proud of the time it took them to play 7 innings.

Originally posted by TouchThemAll:
... and then there were three. St. Mark's lost to Conrad 4-1 today.
and then there were 2. Milford loses to Smyrna 12-5. Box score has them with 8 errors.

... and then there were 2. Smyrna beat Milford 12-5 today, so Dover and Mount are the only two undefeated teams left.

and then there was 1. Mount lost 11-6 to St Georges.

Christiana beat Howard for first win. Howard still winless.
This post was edited on 4/14 10:04 PM by oldtimer22

I believe that leaves 5 winless teams left.

Concord
Howard
McKean (Good chance to get off the schneid today vs Newark Charter)
Seaford
St Andrews

Concord picked up their first win Thursday as well, shutting out Delcastle 7-0.

Dover lost to Sussex Tech, so no DE team will finish undefeated.

Left on the list of winless teams are:
Howard
McKean
St Andrews

Because Howard and McKean are scheduled to play each other twice, St Andrews looks like they have the best (of the worst) shot.

Howard 0-9
St Andrews 0-8
McKean 0-7

McKean has a good chance of getting off the schneid today at home against DAPSS

Take McKean off the list, as they got their first win yesterday against Howard.

Two remain.

Howard and St Andrews, both 0-10

St Andrews dropped to 0-13 yesterday. I think their best chance at getting a win in their remaining games comes on 5/15 at home against Seaford.

Howard dropped to 0-13 Monday.

I'm routing for St Andrews and Howard to win a game.

For St Andrews i think their only shot it stealing one of three games against Friends. Seaford is way out of their league. Seaford only loss 5-0 to St Marks, lost 2-1 to Dover, 10run win against St Thomas More and a 5-3 loss to Cape.

Howard might have a shot versus McKean. McKean only beat Howard 5-0 last week. But Howard has all but given up. They haven't scored a run in its last 4 games.

I know this is off topic but just wanted to a ask ?, Has anyone ever heard of DIAA blocking a player from playing their senior year who has potential to be scouted too play at the collegiate level?

Howard dropped to 0-16 yesterday. One more shot against DAPSS today. Wish them luck.

St Andrews (0-16) had two more games, at home, today and tomorrow vs Seaford and Friends. Good luck to them too.

And then there was one. St Andrews drops off the list with their 5-4 victory over Seaford yesterday. Good for them! Unfortunately, Howard lost their last two games and ended up 0-17. That's a shame. Better luck next year.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT