ADVERTISEMENT

Saturday's results

St E came out flat and Concord led by as many as 8 in the third quarter before the Vikings ran off 14 straight early in the 4th and pulled away to win 51-39.

I wouldn’t say that, Tech killed themselves with tons of turnovers
Ugly scene at end of game - near fight in handshake line. State Trooper needed to supervise Sals and parents exit via back hallway because Tech can't control their students and fans. Bad look for high school basketball.
The respective ADs need to cancel contract for future games.

Ugly scene at end of game - near fight in handshake line. State Trooper needed to supervise Sals and parents exit via back hallway because Tech can't control their students and fans. Bad look for high school basketball.
Wasn’t that serious, Sallies Coach was upset about a call to end the game and it sparked a little tension between the two teams. Fans exited different ways to avoid any further problems from players. The situation cooled down and was fine. Tech fans were protecting their players making sure that no one would get put in a situation that would get them suspended for the playoffs that’s all, again nothing serious.

Reactions: Dropping 3's
Haven't been to Glasgow or other Christina School District games...….

Wasn’t that serious, Sallies Coach was upset about a call to end the game and it sparked a little tension between the two teams. Fans exited different ways to avoid any further problems from players. The situation cooled down and was fine. Tech fans were protecting their players making sure that no one would get put in a situation that would get them suspended for the playoffs that’s all, again nothing serious.
Are you serious? Sallies coach was at back of line when Tech players nearly started fight. "Tech fans were protecting their players...." That sentence is why Tech and Salesianum dont need to play anymore - different standards. The only Sals folks in the gym were players coaches managers and parents. Who posed the threat?
We dont have to agree. Just cancel.the series

cancel the series wth, softer than ice cream in the summer geesh
@84rider, LMAO!!! I wasn’t gonna say it but was thinking the same thing. Tech 2-0 against the Sals since Ayers been at the helm & they are only going to get better...all juniors, best player out & still got the W...yeah Sallies don’t want that smoke...LoL Tech is going to own the Henlopen in years to come.

Fall out from when tech took out sals and reeder lol. Just kidding. No reason to cancel anything. Unless folks can’t cotroll themselves then in that case cancel all high school sports

I love how people think high school athletes are gonna shape society with their athletic talents. Learn how to be a productive member of society before you tell everyone you’re going to play in pros. Which I’m 99.9% sure is never going to happen. Everyone needs to grow up. Get to the books and have opportunities later. After watching the Sallies coach a couple times this year I’m fairly certain he had nothing to do with starting any trouble.

Last edited:
Sallies can dish it out but can't take. This ain't Lacrosse lol. Stop crying , take your L and go back home.

They have several players who talk trash. I just watched it when they lost to Friends. The coach isn’t talking trash. He seems like a good guy. Hate all you want. Sanford is gonna roll everyone for the next two years anyway. I feel bad for you if high school sports runs your life. You’re fighting for second place. Enjoy.

Last edited:
And to be honest the Sals fans cry almost as much as Caravel fans. Two of the angriest fan bases in New Castle County. It’s actually pretty comical since the parents who do the bitching were never any good. High School sports used to be for athletes. I feel bad for the real fans of sports.

Last edited:
That’s BS. It’s all fan bases. Sals CA Glasgow Laurel AI and all the rest. Parents are just crazy these days Hell go to a youth rec game it’s even crazier. The school doesn’t have anything to do with it. It’s guilty child worshiping parents who don’t respect the game or it’s officials or even the school for that mater. Me generation

Kids talk trash because they are allowed to. Parents coach in rec and parent wanna be coaches in HS. Free attack on refs not the kids fault their 80 and 90 generation of me and mine parents aren’t installing vallues we hold

How is a kid today going to respect a coach or ref if their parents are berating them at home or at games in front of them?

Here’s another scenario to think about. You have a kid who can ball. You push him to excel at the sport. Spend money on AAU and training. He gets a scholly to say a Marist or whomever. You pound your chest to your buddies and do the whole my boy going to college for free thing. In a couple years your boy is on your door step telling you it didn’t work out asking now what do I do Dad?

Moral of the story is push education not ball. Go to a school that offers your focus of study. This is something the kids used to say when choosing colleges to play for. They don’t say that anymore They say I am going to continue my basketball career at whatever U they say. Think about that

Last edited:
Here’s another scenario to think about. You have a kid who can ball. You push him to excel at the sport. Spend money on AAU and training. He gets a scholly to say a Marist or whomever. You pound your chest to your buddies and do the whole my boy going to college for free thing. In a couple years your boy is on your door step telling you it didn’t work out asking now what do I do Dad?

Moral of the story is push education not ball. Go to a school that offers your focus of study. This is something the kids used to say when choosing colleges to play for. They don’t say that anymore The say I am going to continue my basketball career at whatever U they say. Think about that

100%

Reactions: listening to noise

Moral of the story is push education not ball. Go to a school that offers your focus of study. This is something the kids used to say when choosing colleges to play for. They don’t say that anymore The say I am going to continue my basketball career at whatever U they say. Think about that

BiB, thanks for keeping it real and so true

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT