ADVERTISEMENT

Scores tonight?

Henlopen North likely to be between Cape and Smyrna. Not sure what Central has returning. CR might be decent. Long year for my senators again.

Honestly like what they're doing at the school overall but I mean honestly that's what you expect when it's their first year for sports.

Honestly like what they're doing at the school overall but I mean honestly that's what you expect when it's their first year for sports.
They should have a JV only schedule. Why come out of the can with a Varsity schedule? Even better question, why did Milford schedule them for a two yr. contract? "Hey kids, let's get fired up and go be someone's stat bucket".....
Waste of time all around.

Reactions: hoopsdownstate
They probably can't field a JV team. Honestly probably don't even make cuts. The numbers at the school aren't very high so they take whoever comes out. Can't knock any of the henlooen technically because most of them will play Sussex Academy due to the fact they're in the south now.

Christina is an abouslte mess with almost every sport nowadays. Baseball squad last year played like every other week because kids would be in trouble or didn't go to school.

Henlopen North likely to be between Cape and Smyrna. Not sure what Central has returning. CR might be decent. Long year for my senators again.

CR is my sleeper team this year...experienced at the guard position & decent bigs. I think they will be a tough out for anyone downstate this year and I don't think that they'll get swept by both Smyrna & Cape. Dover is very young but plays hard. If those young kids stick around they will make noise the next couple years. People will be talking about their freshman point guard Eden Davis soon enough.

Reactions: 84rider
Eden will make some noise for sure. I believe in a few years you will Dover'a potential. Just wait because this year you can only expect them to be mediocre at best.

CR is my sleeper team this year...experienced at the guard position & decent bigs. I think they will be a tough out for anyone downstate this year and I don't think that they'll get swept by both Smyrna & Cape. Dover is very young but plays hard. If those young kids stick around they will make noise the next couple years. People will be talking about their freshman point guard Eden Davis soon enough.
CR go to Cape Friday... Might go check that out.. Still dont think they will win against Smryna or Cape...

Reactions: 84rider
Couple things. 1, Sussex Academy fielded a JV and Varsity team on Friday night. 2, they are apart of the henlopen south so milford as well as every other team in the south has no choice but to play them. If you look at Milford's non conference schedule you will see they're not afraid to play anyone, so why assume they scheduled that game as an easy win?

Couple things. 1, Sussex Academy fielded a JV and Varsity team on Friday night. 2, they are apart of the henlopen south so milford as well as every other team in the south has no choice but to play them. If you look at Milford's non conference schedule you will see they're not afraid to play anyone, so why assume they scheduled that game as an easy win?
I'm not sure anyone is, at least myself. I can tell you in the conference I am with, any new program is "encouraged " by the AD's to develop the team for a year at least before putting together a full varsity schedule. Even a Freshmen/JV schedule. Unless of course you just load up with your AAU team...

Another thing for Henlopen to consider. You start letting charters in your conference, you are going to end up bumping traditional public schools into the Henlopen North. Most charters are smaller than your biggest traditionals South schools and someone will have to move up for balancing purposes.
Careful

Yes some schools do like Early College HS@DSU, Freire Charter School and MOT Charter only offer JV. Some schools need to evaluate their programs and drop down to JV only.

After the game that I just watched Dover smoked Central 80-51. My man there is no way they get 12 wins. Only team in the north they beat is Tech and maybe Polytech. Guy did seem like a decent coach just doesn't have anything to honestly coach.

No
After the game that I just watched Dover smoked Central 80-51. My man there is no way they get 12 wins. Only team in the north they beat is Tech and maybe Polytech. Guy did seem like a decent coach just I give doesn't have anything to honestly coach.
they might win 4 games... Lol

Kids unbelievable at such a young age, I don't see him sticking around Delaware
Why not? With the recent De players going to major D1 colleges like Trevor and Donte I think they proved you don't need to leave to go to a top program. Donte is not getting a lot of playing time off the bench and is a prime contributor to them being #1 in the country. He like trevor stayed in De.

Donte is getting a ton of time off the bench. 21.2 minutes per game. Played in all 9 games with 1 start. Averaging 8.4 points 3.4 board 1 assist.

Why not? With the recent De players going to major D1 colleges like Trevor and Donte I think they proved you don't need to leave to go to a top program. Donte is not getting a lot of playing time off the bench and is a prime contributor to them being #1 in the country. He like trevor stayed in De.
Stayed in Delaware but played AAU on a national showcase level which is responsible for their recruiting, not local high schools. I agree that aNY kid with the right support network and desire to work hard can accomplish things regardless of state. At issue here in Delaware is a system & culture that suppresses development & rewards the lazy. A trophy society & to me that is not good for student athletes development who want to compete on the elite level. Even Sanford not getting the level of talent it use to get. i use to be pro kids staying in Delaware but it wares even the faithful. The rules restrictions limit coaches off season contact at such an extreme level that those wanting to make things better are placed in a strangle hold. This year so far I have sat through games that are like listening & watching an orchestra of whistles, because the rules have put such restrictions on contact. Anything that looks physical is called therefore game time is extended an extra 45 minutes because of the culture of soft play that kills toughness & personal growth. I have listen to a progressive situation with 2 big Kids coming to delaware turned into negative criticism with those invested in maintaining the status quo or so concern that it takes away from attention to their kids or program that they cannot see that bigs or talent improves the recruiting & talent environment to the benefit of all. Anyone with a progressive mindset is doomed. The positive is that with a few changes this can be one of the best environments for kids because of close proximity to Philly, Baltimore, DC & NY, but it requires open minds & vision beyond individual agendas & circumstances.

Stayed in Delaware but played AAU on a national showcase level which is responsible for their recruiting, not local high schools. I agree that aNY kid with the right support network and desire to work hard can accomplish things regardless of state. At issue here in Delaware is a system & culture that suppresses development & rewards the lazy. A trophy society & to me that is not good for student athletes development who want to compete on the elite level. Even Sanford not getting the level of talent it use to get. i use to be pro kids staying in Delaware but it wares even the faithful. The rules restrictions limit coaches off season contact at such an extreme level that those wanting to make things better are placed in a strangle hold. This year so far I have sat through games that are like listening & watching an orchestra of whistles, because the rules have put such restrictions on contact. Anything that looks physical is called therefore game time is extended an extra 45 minutes because of the culture of soft play that kills toughness & personal growth. I have listen to a progressive situation with 2 big Kids coming to delaware turned into negative criticism with those invested in maintaining the status quo or so concern that it takes away from attention to their kids or program that they cannot see that bigs or talent improves the recruiting & talent environment to the benefit of all. Anyone with a progressive mindset is doomed. The positive is that with a few changes this can be one of the best environments for kids because of close proximity to Philly, Baltimore, DC & NY, but it requires open minds & vision beyond individual agendas & circumstances.

I'm not arguing that Delaware doesn't promote competitive basketball at all trust me. However we both know that Davis plays on a National AAU team and is definitely getting exposure during the summer and at different camps he attends. Which is why he is ranked nationally as a player. I've seen a few of these refs make 50+ foul calls in one game and a majority of them were not game altering plays. This makes players less aggressive and hurts them when playing against teams from other states. I would love a 35 second shot clock in Delaware but we all know it will never happen.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT