ADVERTISEMENT

Seaford, Milford, And IR jobs

rizzo2005

All-Conference
Sep 22, 2005
Anyone know who is the frontrunners for the football coach jobs at Seaford, Milford, And IR?

I heard a name in passing the other day as a potential candidate for the Milford job, but nothing firm. Don't want to throw anyone under the bus at this point.

Heard that someone from Delmar Applied for the IR job and someone from Sussex Tech applied for the Milford job. Have not heard anything about the Seaford job.

Re: Seaford, Milford, And IR jobs - CR Job?

Any word on the CR job? Not much has been said. Any idea who may be interested? Would it be someone already there?

CR will stay in house....I can't believe no one has any better info about the other jobs.

Heard The Old Sussex Tech coach is going to take the Seaford job. He teaches at Seaford now.

Which old Sussex Tech coach would that be???
This post was edited on 1/23 7:09 AM by First.Place

Think His first name is Bernie? He was the last ST coach.

Don't know about good ole boy network but he has coached under Steele for a few years and its always good to hire within. Don't understand why schools hire outside of school when you have guys there who can easily replace. Not sure if anyone else applied on staff but I like the hire.

If things go as planned, i believe CR will bring back a player from years ago to coach, someone who has been coaching in state for many years. He would be welcomed back with open arms.

Originally posted by 84rider:

If things go as planned, i believe CR will bring back a player from years ago to coach, someone who has been coaching in state for many years. He would be welcomed back with open arms.
@84

Could the mystery man be Coach Moffett from HVT??? Never talked to him about the CR job but he always talks fondly about CR and the scrimmages/games against them. Just looking for some more scoop...

84.......agreed!

Kinda figured CR would be the only job Moffett would leave HVT for. Nothing else left to prove at Hodgson and after back to back championships that would be leaving on a high. How will the CR fans deal with running a spread offense as opposed to the wing-t? Can't wait to talk to Moffett and hear his take. Nothing like going home to help your alma-mater return glory.

I'm only guessing but I believe Frank will be chosen simply because of need for change. We were running the wing t when I was in school 80-84, also believe the past regime has caused a lot of talented athletes to shy away from the program. Old dogs trying to teach new dogs old tricks, if you get my drift. Just sharing "MY" thoughts

I'm only guessing but I believe Frank will be chosen simply because of need for change. We were running the wing t when I was in school 80-84, also believe the past regime has caused a lot of talented athletes to shy away from the program. Old dogs trying to teach new dogs old tricks, if you get my drift. Just sharing "MY" thoughts
If Moffett is the choice and he chooses to leave Hodgson I can absolutely understand why. I was talking to Coach Dooley at work yesterday about your post and my thoughts. He still talks about WP being his dream job and I'm sure Moffett feels the same about CR. I have always thought of CR as UD's little brother because of the colors and the wing-t I guess. With the talent at CR I bet Moffett would be able to make his spread offense be just as successful as it is at HVT. My son said he's going to ask Moffett about the CR job as soon as he sees him. It'll be interesting to see how it all plays out.

Nuk,Whether he stays at HVT or comes home to CR, It's nice to see him get the recognition he deserves.....also nice to have two solid programs to chose from, good luck to Frank whatever he decides, in light of the past month at CR, it sure would be nice to a have a great coach and role model for these young guys to look up to!

I still havent heard anything about seaford? They have to have hired by now right? Any word on what they are doing down there?

Seaford hired Dwayne Henry, not the former Middletown star/MLB pitcher, but a DSU alum who was most recently assistant AD for Compliance at Coppin State.

ADVERTISEMENT