ADVERTISEMENT

Semi's scores via twitter

Raheim Burnett feeds Ronald Shipman-Scott for an easy bucket. Salesianum leads Mount Pleasant 22-21, 3:25 2Q

Three-point play by Donte DiVincenzo ties it at the half. Salesianum 25, Mount Pleasant 25

Sallies goes on 9-0 run to end 3rd up 43-35.. Donte leads all scorers with 21

This post was edited on 3/12 7:27 PM by ravensrooster2

Mount getting shaky .. Donte with a dunk off of turn-over 45-35 MP time out to start 4th

TO seems to settle MT down they pull within 4 Sallies TO

* off twitter on Radio broadcast now

MP goes to fulll court press gets TO.. Kearney scores Sallies scores back 51-43 Sals...

51-47 ... Donte goes the legnth of the floor on full court press and scores and the foul... misses the FT 53-47

Sallies and MT shaky with the ball down the stretch.. Donte with another block.. 52 sec left... then Burnett travels.. 49 sec left

Final 60-49 Sallies.. Donte took over the game late and ended with with 30pts and many other great plays passing and defensively.. Huge effort from Clark from Sallies as well.... Mount is young and it showed down the stretch they return allot so it was good experience for them...

Fox 1290 gives SR. Shane Clark player of the game

This post was edited on 3/12 7:57 PM by ravensrooster2

after one its 15-13 Sanford... From the sounds of the radio broadcast its a hectic pace so far with hectic play

Clark player of the game? Obviously the 1290 crew was drinking heavily to come to that determination.

Originally posted by 8yaz:
Clark player of the game? Obviously the 1290 crew was drinking heavily to come to that determination.
They based it on Haley saying they would need another player to step up to win .... Donte did what he does that was a givin.. So I guess "in their minds" based on what Haley said Clark tipped the scale... I kind of agree with the decision ,,I at least get why.. I also think Donte will appreciates it as he has more player of the games to know what to do with and will be glad Clark got it.

This post was edited on 3/16 8:52 AM by ravensrooster2

meanwhile its tied with under minute to go 3rd Sanford vs Poly.. odd side note refs calling charges like crazy after letting Sals and Mount play...

This post was edited on 3/12 9:24 PM by ravensrooster2

Tied at end of 3.. sounds like Sanford getting sucked into Poly style of play... Its coaching and players executing from here on out.. If Sanford cant control their style and lets Poly to keep the game hectic Poly will win.. Chucking sots will be in Poly's favor as they will out rebound,, Sanford doesnt block out well

Dixon misses 3 Sanford gets rebound Evens air ball 3 poly ball,, Sanford hasnt scored in the last 2min 30 secs..

Dixon misses 3 Sanford gets rebound Evens air ball 3 poly ball,, Sanford hasnt scored in the last 2min 30 secs..

Mallory scores against the press Poly up 3.... TO Sanford 1 min left

Sanford hasnt scored in 3 minutes

Dixon misses Poly ball

Mallory at the line ,.. hits the first 1 two possession game

Ayala get fould 19 sec left,,, hit first 1 3 point game 14 sec left

Gray gets fouled... 1 and 1 3 pt game no good mallory gets he board Sanford called for foul.. ohe hit game over

Ayalya (san) hits and fould completes 3 pt play.. Poly up 1 with 5 .8 secs left/

Poly on line shooting two Chappel , missed first one... Poly wins 48-46

Pierce coached a hell of a game .. Poly kids were steady down the stretch . Sallies vs Poly will be a hell of a game. I might have to change up and take Poly.. Donte is awesome but Poly's down court is special as well .. Poly is a great "team" Mallory just can't get in foul trouble

This post was edited on 3/12 10:02 PM by ravensrooster2

Originally posted by ravensrooster2:

They based it on Hearney saying they would need another player to step up to win .... Donte did what he does that was a givin.. So I guess "in their minds" based on what Healey said Clark tipped the scale...
That's just total BS, giving it to someone else for just the sake of it. Dante had 30 points (half of his teams points) and the only reason Clark had 12, was because of Dante. Gimme break.

I'm w/ 8yaz...only a blind man would give Player of the Game to Clark. He was a nice compliment to Donte tonight but it was OBVIOUS who the man was tonight scoring, assisting, rebounding & probably had about 3 or 4 blocks. You can't discount his work just cuz it's expected of him.

This post was edited on 3/12 10:29 PM by J12

Originally posted by ravensrooster2:

They based it on Hearney saying they would need another player to step up to win .... Donte did what he does that was a givin.. So I guess "in their minds" based on what Healey said Clark tipped the scale...
That's just total BS, giving it to someone else for just the sake of it. Dante had 30 points (half of his teams points) and the only reason Clark had 12, was because of Dante. Gimme break.
I am just passing on what the radio guys said... but I believe Donte is fine with it. I have no problem rewarding a SR role player in this situation... MVP is not that big of a deal in a semi final game especially for Donte. . just saying.. Do any of you even know who the player of the game was for the last 5 years in the semi final games? Of course not but those players and families do and I guarantee you Donte and his family are happy for Clark period

This post was edited on 3/12 10:41 PM by ravensrooster2

Donte clearly demonstrated tonight that he is the best player in the state! He did it all - points, assists, rebounds, blocked shots, big plays, dunks, three's - you name it! He was a clear level above everyone else. Burnett seems to me to be a little overrated. 3 big games in the last week and a half, and he has struggled in each. Mount lost 2 of them. Poly's guards looked out of their league early tonight, but to their credit they got their composure and played a solid game. Mallory was outstanding in the second half. Why doesn't he do that all game? Sometimes he passes too much. He should go to the bucket more. He has a nice touch both inside and out. Should be a very good title game. I think Haley is a strong coach of the year candidate.

Can someone tell me why the goal tending in the 4th Q was totally missed?

I would also like to know why Dixon was not allowed to enter the game at the end?

Twitter says Dixon couldn't re-enter because no time had gone off the clock.

The missed goaltending call, like many calls this game, was a joke.

Originally posted by pksundevil:
Twitter says Dixon couldn't re-enter because no time had gone off the clock.

The missed goaltending call, like many calls this game, was a joke.
I am not a fan of either team but Poly really got some calls in the 4th Q that were totally baffling.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT