ADVERTISEMENT

SIAP ECA video.

I wonder how much the production of that whole farst of a video cost him? It was obviously made to be very onesided, and allowed him to dance around questions that he obviously had rehearsed answers for.

But good luck to all the kids that hopefully have positive outcomes because of it.

@ceech

with all the problems Jesus has to take care of today , do you think he is a ECA fan?

probably not...

Fog- great video...... link and story.While I (and many) may have some concerns over the whole Sills/RLCA thing-I have always kept the focus on the kids and defended them. In every bad there is some good.

While I am not a fan, it does seem to have benefited a few kids. Still not sure if those kids needed ECA and would have made it anywhere they played but who knows.....i do worry about the other 80% that don't get offers what happens to them after HS?

IMO the focus at ECA is wrong but that's my decision to make for my kids HS choice not the kids enrolled at ECA. If that is the focus they want they know what they are signing up for and I hope it works out for all of them.

Good intentions no doubt but the road to hell is paved with good intentions and democrats. IMHO.

I thought obviously the video was propaganda, I think programs like that do have their place if they are rescuing inner city men of color. I am not a bleeding heart liberal but have plenty of experience with these young men. They need somebody to break the cycle of poverty, street violence, and give them purpose and meaning to a sometimes bad circumstances. While he might have started out doing it for his son, I personally know several young that are getting a free education because of the program that probably won't have. People that haven't worked with young men like this have no idea how bad their lives can be and how much talent is sitting on street corner selling drugs and shooting people in the city that could have been rescued with an outlet like this one. Even if his program saved one life of one of these kids or a would be victim. I applaud him for his efforts.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT