ADVERTISEMENT

St Georges-24 Christiana-0

8yaz

Top 100 Prospect
Mar 22, 2007
St George's led 16-0 after the first inning. Probably should have called it there. Christiana's baseball program appears to be in deep peril. Their website indicates that they have no JV or Freshman teams, and only 12 players on Varsity (with three 9th graders). That's a shame.

Not that we were ever a top 10 team in my day, but whoa!!!! Really sad to see my alma mater get smoked like that.

this win will surely help St. Georges late in the spring when it comes time to tally up points for/against for the team rankings. Sad to see that happen to any school. My question is, what kind of coach keeps applying the "pressure" once they are up 10 runs in the first inning?

DEsportmaniac...i saw a game very similar to this and can state that even when a team is going "base to base" after the 10 runs in the first inning it is very possible for the score to continue into 20 runs etc...

I wasn't at the STG game but saw another game first hand where kids were not applying "pressure" after a 10-0 lead. I am giving the STG team the benefit of the doubt until I hear otherwise. jm.02w

Conrad beat St Thomas More yesterday 25-3. Scored 22 runs in the first inning. No fun winning, losing or watching these games.

Okay my apologies! I wasn't sure the details about the game so I take back the coaching comment. But thats just a rough game. Been there many time myself, from both sides, and its always tough. Best of luck to both teams

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT