D2

1 Milford
2 St Georges
3 Sanford
4 DMA
5 Caravel
6 Hodgson

THOUGHTS? PREDICTIONS?

Who has the best chance to upset either Milford or Smyrna?

most of them already wrestled.. No one touching Smyrna or Milford..
the lower seeds will be good to watch though..
as long as everyone stays heathy for States!

Cape/Poly winner can beat Smyrna. Both were close already this year. Milford wins hands down unless the injured Sanford guys miraculously show up.

Sucks for Sanford's kids not to have any upper weights. To lose by forfeits, puts added pressure on their kids to perform as well.

Reactions: concord87
That was a really good match. Even with the forfeits they almost pulled it out. St G 120 came up with a big pin early, Norvarnik bumped to 126 and had a good match with Mcdonogh that he won and the deciding match was at 182 where st G came up with a decision before Sanford had the two FF's.

How bout them Smyrna Eagles, huh?...huh? :)
♫“On the wings of love
Up and above the clouds♯
The only way to fly
Is on the wings of love”♪
(Figured a corny song was better than saying "WHO DAT?!" as originally planned) :p

Just gentle ribbing for the regular posters. Main thing is that everyone seems reasonably healthy for the rest of postseason. One thing that happens when a team almost beats Smyrna is that they naturally think about where they can improve to overcome the deficit. What is sometimes harder to appreciate is that the Smyrna wrestlers and coaches activate an improvement plan as well. Several of them wrestled better tonight in both duals. Since they are just high school kids trying to do their best like everyone else, I want to acknowledge when they "step up" as well. Big up to all the wrestlers tonight who represented their schools with heart and sportsmanship. Best wishes in the next couple of weekends.

Milford came with their A game tonight! They got on a roll and just kept it going. And they were in a position to let a couple of the less experienced guys get in there too.

@youjustme they looked on point tonight! I left after semi finals and looks like Milford and Smyrna rolled in the finals. They were the two best teams all year and showed it tonight!

Hats off to the Eagles and the coaching staff! Jodi, Andy Damion and all the Hs coaches all the way down. Feeder like no other!! Good job.

wow..
both are very good wrestlers...
I remember 1 of them winning PA youth States...
Definitely not an easy task ...
probably broke Coach Howell's heart

Last edited:
Long and short of it is a 68 year old PTSD dude was in a Panera Bread and was acting aggressively so they called the HC Sheriff Dept,, The first deputy on the scene sat next to him and casually asked if he was alright and the dude pulled a gun and shot him in the head in front of women and kids who were in the restaurant as school was closed that day.. He ran and other cops coming on the scene chased him into a apartment complex the next cop got shot and eventually died and the other two cops killed him.. Race wasn't an issue so it never reached National news.

Last edited:
@RR
That's sad..
I had to look it up and saw how close it is to the Denny's on 24...
use to wrestle at the old Bel Air high school and stop at Denny's...some of us could eat , some had to wait...
being a police officer isn't what it use to be!

@RR
That's sad..
I had to look it up and saw how close it is to the Denny's on 24...
use to wrestle at the old Bel Air high school and stop at Denny's...some of us could eat , some had to wait...
being a police officer isn't what it use to be!

haha I ate at that Denny's many times.. even worked there for a short bit when I was in HS.. The shopping center where the Wegman's and Panera Bread is was just being built when we moved here.. I lived just on the other side of 24 in Constant Friendship

I looked forward to going to Denny's..
the school looked old.. real old
there was another school further down 95
we went to..kinda near Bel Air

Did you go to Bel Air HS?

I looked forward to going to Denny's..
the school looked old.. real old
there was another school further down 95
we went to..kinda near Bel Air

Bel Air has a brand new school and stadium (much like Smyrna) The only two schools West of 24 is(in Harford County) Edgewood(which would be the same exit only south) or Joppatowne the next exit before Balto County (my Alma Mater) Believe it or not Harford County has 10 high schools.. Great for class size and education sucks for sports lol

Last edited:
LMAO! I think I will pass. Wifey may not like that too much ;) See ya at the bar after Fridays session at cape!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT