ADVERTISEMENT

Tariq Ingraham has transferred to school in NJ

Filmore00

Tackles too high
Jan 13, 2017
Heard he left for NJ. College coach advised him to not sit out rest of the year.

Ingraham original thread got to off topic was he cut for grades or personal reasons/didn't wanna play at sallies ?

He's a Delaware kid, doesn't live in NJ but doesn't have to to attend a NJ private school

Last edited:
Reactions: 8yaz
tbh I will miss watching him develop in DE. He had the potential to develop into something special. Hopefully this transfer will help him reach his goals! The reason for leaving Sals is a private matter. Leaving for NJ helps him and his parents write his own story and not be defined by the rumor mill...

It was poor grades.... got to hit the books
That's false, I think it was a smart move done to set him up for more exposure at the National level. Ingraham is not a high risk kid for failure he is a very good kid with a very good support network. Personally i think Ingraham , Davis, Hyland, Cramer have to leave Delaware its not a good situation for talent to grow. My guess with Ingraham from the NJ conversations i've had with reputable people is that the move was more motivated by the new transfer rules in NJ effective July 1, 2017, that requires kids sit out 30 days of the season. The 2nd motivation I believe was financial, a top 100 kid in Delaware still would have to pay private school tuition, anywhere else in this country private schools offer these kids generous financial aid packages as an investment in the schools brand. From a reliable source it appear that this was a business decision to get him out of Delaware so we can kill the negative rumors. The rest will follow until things change in this state.

Last edited:
My guess for next year for Ingraham is a 80/20. Ranney/The Patrick School. Davis 80/20, Ranney or school in pa or Maryland. Hyland/ PA or NJ private. Let's face it these kids not gonna hang around.

That's false, I think it was a smart move done to set him up for more exposure at the National level. Ingraham is not a high risk kid for failure he is a very good kid with a very good support network. Personally i think Ingraham , Davis, Hyland, Cramer have to leave Delaware its not a good situation for talent to grow. My guess with Ingraham from the NJ conversations i've had with reputable people is that the move was more motivated by the new transfer rules in NJ effective July 1, 2017, that requires kids sit out 30 days of the season. The 2nd motivation I believe was financial, a top 100 kid in Delaware still would have to pay private school tuition, anywhere else in this country private schools offer these kids generous financial aid packages as an investment in the schools brand. From a reliable source it appear that this was a business decision to get him out of Delaware so we can kill the negative rumors. The rest will follow until things change in this state.
Nah man it was grades

Nah man it was grades
Based on information from who. This blog. Do u have a sallies report card or quote from the coach or school. But let's say it was grades, Ingraham is a sophmore, still early, even more of a reason to get him outta there, get him help & bring him back in line with NCAA eligibility requirements. Like I said this is not a high risk kid. Either way it's a win for the kid & his family.

On a different note parents of student athletes with scholarship level talent, please read up on NCAA eligibility requirements & understand that by the end of Junior year many of the core classes have to be met.

Reactions: Coach_Hendriixx
Maybe Delaware basketball is bad cause adults are always convincing kids to leave the state smh so many negative advocates, just observing the posts over the years I've been on this forum. Almost sounds like someone didn't make it big from Delaware and has a axe to grind!

Reactions: hoopcentral12
Maybe Delaware basketball is bad cause adults are always convincing kids to leave the state smh so many negative advocates, just observing the posts over the years I've been on this forum. Almost sounds like someone didn't make it big from Delaware and has a axe to grind!
Been the biggest advocate of kids staying in state until this year, it wears u down, the games not growing, people just not open-minded to really helping kids. The officiating this year pushed me over the edge. We're really going backwards. Sat in the stands for good match ups, could not stomach it. My kids are all grown. Graduated college but I still love the game especially at the grassroots level. But this is not good for the kids or the game.

Sounds like the perfect time to get out there and do something to improve the state of the game. You seem knowledgeable so maybe you can start something new, a referee camp, kids camp . Anything except putting it in our kids head that the best thing they can do is leave Delaware.

Reactions: debballguy
Sounds like the perfect time to get out there and do something to improve the state of the game. You seem knowledgeable so maybe you can start something new, a referee camp, kids camp . Anything except putting it in our kids head that the best thing they can do is leave Delaware.
84rider, tried it, but people down here are not open to changing the status quo. I can go to Philly, Baltimore, cities in NJ & get tutoring, gyms, anything I want to help kids quickly. They beg me to come back, but I live here. The red tape is tick in delaware, those who control resources restrict it to members of their tribe. When u talk about things that benefit all kids they don't want to listen unless their kid is the benefactor. I got into an argument with a coach once as to why he should check grades, he believes it's not his responsibility. I explained to him it takes a village, and sometimes kids don't have good parents therefore we cannot be so black & white in our thinking. So u see these are the mentalities you're up against.

Reactions: 84rider
I agree 100% with sports junkie. They are killing the game and it's even worse below the canal. If you have a D1 talent kid he would be best served to compete out of state. His game would grow more.

It's no doubt tgat you can make it from DE as we all have seen but playing out of state will no doubt increase your game. We are behind in our thinking, coaching and development.

I have spoken to a lot of out state coaches and all of them said the same thing it's not the athletes it's Delaware system period starting with the DIAA and coaches,some coaches are coaching just for a free paycheck not developing our youth skill set and work ethic during De live period there's no D1,high or mid level colleges in the gyms and instead of having teams,coaches need to start building programs and the competition is spread out up and down the state with none of the teams playing each other out of all the teams in De there only 5 or 6 kids that play on a high level circuit such as eybl,uaa or adiddas to get recognition

Been the biggest advocate of kids staying in state until this year, it wears u down, the games not growing, people just not open-minded to really helping kids. The officiating this year pushed me over the edge. We're really going backwards. Sat in the stands for good match ups, could not stomach it. My kids are all grown. Graduated college but I still love the game especially at the grassroots level. But this is not good for the kids or the game.

Reasons for leaving Sals aside. If he stayed and played his junior year Haley would have expanded the schedule to include more high level out of state opponents. The likelihood of playing Slam Dunk to the Beach would have been high. There would have been plenty of exposure!!! No reason to leave state. Players have received high D1 offers in this state. At Ranney he would at best play second fiddle to Scottie Lewis and perhaps others...
I cant comment on officiating except that Dnell hit it right about recent emphasis by NCAA and the trickle down to HS. To leave because of play calling would be pretty weak...

Reasons for leaving Sals aside. If he stayed and played his junior year Haley would have expanded the schedule to include more high level out of state opponents. The likelihood of playing Slam Dunk to the Beach would have been high. There would have been plenty of exposure!!! No reason to leave state. Players have received high D1 offers in this state. At Ranney he would at best play second fiddle to Scottie Lewis and perhaps others...
I cant comment on officiating except that Dnell hit it right about recent emphasis by NCAA and the trickle down to HS. To leave because of play calling would be pretty weak...
I don't know the family but I don't think play calling or grades had anything to do with him leaving. Sallies is a great program & school, they're doing very well without him & will continue to do well. To compete on the big stage u need horses, we just don't have enough at 1 school in delaware to make a statement down at the beach. Sallies has no gaurds that can compete nationally after Kempski graduates. The brown brother are doing well however It's hard for any delaware school to match up to schools like westtown. It was my hope in the beginning of these blogs that schools like Sanford, sallies etc would become national powerhouses for the benefit of Delaware kids & perhaps a league system for the private schools. I don't beleive kids should leave but I have to be rational in terms of opportunity & exposure. In the current high school environment unless u play a national schedule nobody's coming to see u. If u see a D1 Coach at a Delaware high school game he's just stopping by to say hi to a kid he saw in AAU. At 6'9 with that type of raw talent, Ingraham has the ability to be a large part of the show even with Lewis & Antoine. I just wish the show was in Delaware, after all I am a delawaresportsjunkie. We have everything we need to grow the game here except the will to change. It only takes a few changes to get this right but few willing open their minds. Look at these blogs people are so invested in seeing kids fail.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT