3) Saint Elizabeth (7-6, 4)
4) Caravel (9-5, 5)
5) Caesar Rodney (13-1, 3)
6) Conrad (12-1, 6)
7) Concord (10-2, 7)
8) A.I. duPont (11-2, 8)
9) Archmere (9-4, 9)
10) Hodgson (9-4, 10)

St. Elizabeth and Caravel moved up a spot,Caesar Rodney dropped two after their loss to Cape and A.I just lost against unranked Howard so they shold move down if not out next week.

I think AI's safe because Hodgson really hasn't impressed and Archmere has Conrad later this week, so that could be another loss for the Auks. Howard should get some strong consideration, but we'll know more about them seeing as they still have Caravel and St. E left on their schedule.

Reactions: big-picture
@gatekeeper sounds about right! As you said Hodgson "whom I havnt seen play enough" still has St.E and Caravel.

My guess for rankings this week:

1. Ursuline
2. Sanford
3. St. E
4. Caravel
5. CR
6. Conrad
7. Concord
8. A.I.
9. Hodgson
10. Howard

My guess for rankings this week:

1. Ursuline
2. Sanford
3. St. E
4. Caravel
5. CR
6. Conrad
7. Concord
8. A.I.
9. Hodgson
10. Howard

No way AI deserves to be in top 10 and they have a very week schedule. See how they do in there next 4 games. Probably going to lose all 4 or 3 of 4. Gotta have Archmere in there somewhere & definitely ahead of Howard/Hodgson. They went to OT VS Caravel, they hung w/Conrad, and were beating St. Elizabeth's w/ 1-2 mins to go in game. That's 3 top 5 teams.

@Gatekeeper@filmore Unlike the boys side, the girls side has a big separation between 1 and 5 and maybe even 1 to 4, Rankings should just be the top 5 because to me after that NO other team has a chance to win the Championship
But hey since we talking about rankings I like both observations.

GIRLS BASKETBALL Jan.6th wdel
1) Ursuline (14-1, 1)
2) Sanford (14-2, 2)
3) Saint Elizabeth (9-6, 3)
4) Caravel (10-5, 4)
5) Caesar Rodney (15-1, 5)
6) Conrad (14-1, 6)
7) Concord (12-2, 7)
8) Archmere (10-6, 9)
9) Hodgson (11-5, 10)
10) Howard (12-4, X)

A.I out Howard in. UA destroyed Howard and Cape who handled C.R. I had a chance to see Archmere,Concord and Conrad and there is NO way they can compete with Ursuline or Sanford. So this late in the season and being the report card flu is over, I say final four Ursuline St.Elizabeth,Sanford and my last spot is a toss up between Cavarel or Ceasar. And yes Archmere gave St.Es a run for their money but if rankings stay the same they will meet UA in the elite 8.

Last edited:
UA beat Cape they didn't play CR, not to say score wouldn't be the same just saying . . . Also, Caravel beat Conrad pretty easy so I would go with Caravel.

@Simmons I was editing as you wrote your post..I get so anxious when something new comes up. Thanks anyway!

Cape beat CR with Haith being injured, not looking to deep into that loss

the delawareonline top 10

1. Ursuline (14-1) 1
2. Sanford (14-2) 2
3. St. Elizabeth (9-6) 3
4. Caravel (10-5) 4
5. Conrad (14-1) 5
6. Concord (12-2) 6
7. Caesar Rodney (15-1) 7
8. Archmere (10-6) 9
9. Howard (12-4) NR
10. A.I. du Pont (13-3) 8

Ursuline has certainly proven in there
play as the states best. Can't really see anyone beating them. Sanford has played a 4-5 tough games thus far. But there conference is very week &
they run up the score on many of there opponents. One of there games I was at they were up 35 & still had 3 starters in the game. Sanford has solid coaching & it shows but they can't afford to have an injury. We'll see when they face Ursuline next week but I like Ursuline by double digits. CR has also run up the score on a few of there games where starters were in up by alot late and they racked up there numbers. Caravel, Conrad, and St. E's are all going to battle it out. Got to give a Conrad a pass after losing to Caravel back in Jan. From what I've seen from them vs Concord & Archmere they will not be a team you want to face in the tournament. They won last year over CR & St. E's because of there coach. He is solid and those girls play hard for him. Caravel has been very tough and has played at least 7-8 girls in games that have been close. St. E's is a mirror image of Caravel and have gone 7-8 players deep. Depending on the seedings. Ursuline will be there followed 3 of the 4. Caravel, Conrad, St. E's, & Sanford. Only way CR gets to final 4 is if they get a VERY favorable draw & don't have to play one of those 4 teams. Stop making excuse for CR Simmons ;-)

@Filmore00, I just state the facts, if that makes me a CR fan that's fine, although I'm not a CR alumni, parent or fan, I just tell it like I see it! I think everyone agrees that UA and Sanford (to a lesser degree) are the top two teams. Teams 3-7, anyone of those can get the last 2 spots and it would not be an upset or surprise, the rest of the field has little or no shot.

Your logic doesn't make sense: UA beat Cape and so therefore since Cape beat CR then CR is garbage. But CR beat St' E, then St' E beat Caravel and then Caravel easily beat Conrad but CR is still garbage and has no shot at beating none of the three. . . . o_O

Talk about alternative facts!

Last edited:
So the girls conference championship games appear to be set.

Laurel/CR in the Henlopen
Hodgson/Concord in Blue Hen.

On another note, Hodgson's box score included a fact that they've won 45 straight Flight B games and 11 of last 12 Flight B titles. The rest of the teams in that conference won't be sad to see them go next year, that's for sure.

GIRLS BASKETBALL
1) Ursuline (16-1, 1)
2) Sanford (16-2, 2)
3) Saint Elizabeth (9-7, 3)
4) Caravel (11-5, 4)
5) Caesar Rodney (17-1, 5)
6) Conrad (16-1, 6)
7) Concord (13-2, 7)
8) Archmere (12-6, 8)
9) Hodgson (13-5, 9)
10) Howard (12-5, 10)

DROPPED OUT: None

On the Radar: A.I. duPont, Cape Henlopen, St. Thomas More, Sussex Central, Sussex Tech

We've got about a week of regular season games left, so it'll be interesting to see who ends up seeded where, but as far as these rankings go, they look good to me. Sussex Tech seems to be flying below the radar a bit, especially after they beat St. Thomas More last week.

Yes, hoping seedings go this way. St.Es has met Ursuline 3 out of the past 4 final fours,would be good to see that not happening again this year! We don't have a game Thursday so it'll be great to see how Sanford plays.

Last edited:
That is going to be a good game, wish I was going, but work calls. Saw Sanford once at the Howard MLK Showcase and they ran through that team through New York pretty easily, but Ursuline has a much deeper bench.

We've got about a week of regular season games left, so it'll be interesting to see who ends up seeded where, but as far as these rankings go, they look good to me. Sussex Tech seems to be flying below the radar a bit, especially after they beat St. Thomas More last week.

Sussex Tech was my pre-season dark horse they have height and depth.

Last edited:
Guess I'll catch St.E at William Penn then maybe shoot up to watch Concord at Padua.
2 entry fees, Oh well it's still cheaper then if I had a Valentine.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT