ADVERTISEMENT

tiebreakers

FuriousFour

Tackles too high
Jul 8, 2013
With MT P's win yesterday vs Hodgson, I think that gives them a 3 way tie for 1st place. I know Brandywine is left on the schedule from conference and could change that. But assuming Mount beats Brandywine, what is the next tiebreaker for Flight B champ since Mount, ST G and Hodgson all are 1-1 vs each other?

Same question for Diamond State Conference with Conrad, Archmere and DMA all tied at 1-1 vs each and assuming no upsets from Wilm Christian vs Arch Sat or DMA next week, it should end that way?

Could have a couple of at large bids swallowed up by teams who might not have made the tournament without the autobid, depending on how the tiebreakers work.

. If two or more teams are tied for a conference berth, the Committee will use the following criteria to break the tie:

a. Head-to-head competition. If three or more teams are tied, they must all have played each other.

b. If, after considering head-to-head competition, two teams are tied for the conference berth and one team will not qualify for the tournament, the Committee will conduct a playoff game to determine the conference representative.

c. If, after considering head-to-head competition, three teams are tied for the conference berth and at least one team will not qualify for the tournament, one team will draw a bye and the other two teams will play. If necessary, the winner of that game will play the team that drew the bye to determine which team will qualify for the tournament

This is all I could find, it is very sad that DEBCA lost their domain, the rules were very specific on that site and it kept a lot of tourney info on there

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT