BackinBlack86

Top 100 Prospect
Oct 5, 2018
and back to football. 👏

on tap

6pm Glasgow 42 @ Early College 6 ⏲️
7pm Conrad 0 @ DMA 41 ⏲️

Last edited:
Conrad get 1 1st down via offsides penalty then is forced to punt. DMA takes over on own 29

game note. Big #77 for DMA not suited up tonight

unsportsmanlike on DMA put them in 3rd and 20 then bad snap DMA to punt..Conrad ball on own 33

@Huskerman7 It doesn't have anything to do with NFHS.. It would be like blaming youtube if a feed from William Penn or whomever is bad. I have seen games on NFHS look like professional games its all about who is doing the game and the equipment they have to work with. The bad feed is from the camera at the stadium. NFHS doesn't produce or film the games

yeah but NFHS is the one charging the fee to watch so they have some level of responsiblity

They don't. It's in the contract. The producing of the games are all on the schools. The schools can hire someone to do it or they can do it themselves. NFHS just provides the platform to stream though and a way for the schools to collect money.

They don't. It's in the contract. The producing of the games are all on the schools. The schools can hire someone to do it or they can do it themselves. NFHS just provides the platform to stream though and a way for the schools to collect money.
Are the schools collecting money though? 😏 or does it go somewhere else?

Are the schools collecting money though? 😏 or does it go somewhere else?

How it works is schools sign up to use their service. They don't charge the schools it's free. They will even send them a camera and software to use or the schools can use their own equipment.

The camera is some auto pixel thing that is supposed to be unmanned and automatically follow the action. You can tell the schools using these as there is hardly any zoom and with football it is slow following the ball in the air so on long pass play you miss the catch then the camera will catch up. It works better for indoor smaller venue sports. anyway

Basically NFHS Network (PlayOn! Sports) is like a fundraiser for the school but like any fundraiser the more the school puts into it the more they can make. Put on a better broadcast then you can sell advertising.

They do get some subscription revenue share and of course the more people that watch your games the more you get. It really doesn't end up being much. The bigger money would be selling advertising for your broadcasts and you get to keep 100% of that.

Two places you can sell ads for, Link ads on your school/team page and watermark ads that appear on screen during the broadcast.

I don't see too many teams selling ads though. I see more and more teams dropping using NFHS network and doing a youtube page and live stream through that.

Last edited:
NFHS will make a deal with the athletic associations and pay them for the streaming rights for their playoff games. Obviously there would be a boost in subscription sales for those games. DIAA still has to hire someone to produce the games and all that though. 302.sports or whatever they are called now gets some of those games and some of the schools still produce it themselves depending on the game I suppose.

The athletic associations own the streaming rights to the playoff games and during the season the home team owns the streaming rights. In comes someone like FLO who if there is a game of larger interest they will offer to buy the rights to that game and then they will hire a production crew to come do the game. The school would get that one time fee upfront for the rights and depending on the game would anywhere from 3k to 10k.

I don't know if 302 or whatever they are called now pays the schools for the streaming rights for the games they do but if not they should because they are obviously making advertising dollars for their broadcasts. I believe everyone in the state knows who SODEL Concepts are by now lol.

*as a side note if you email NFHS Network (PlayOn! Sports) with complaint about the stream jacking up they will refund your sub fee and cancel your subscription. no questions asked. The whole operation is pretty much automated.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT