ADVERTISEMENT

Top Catchers to Watch

The best DE HS catcher (Ryan Zwier) left this year to attend school in Ashville, NC. I would imagine Caravel will miss his bat. He pounded 11 HR's last summer and drove in 50 RBI's. Not only did he have the power stats he also happen to hit for average @ .435--- he is a big man behind the plate with a excellent /power arm . Wish him the best at his new school .

Kwan(Cape); Nowell(Conrad) Make(Brandywine) and Hidalgo(AI) all return from the all state teams last season. Caravel has a good young one in Adams.

Conrad's Brock Nowell (a sophomore) is the top catcher in the state.

Brock Nowell (Conrad) is fundamentally the best I've seen. He comes from good stock and is a product of very good coaching. Super young man as well. Wish him the best!

Adams replacing Zwier at CA will be interesting to see as well. Here a lot about his arm strength and even more about his bat. Another kid to consider is Dougherty at Cape (a Senior??)

Colin Adams is the real deal. Receives and blocks well with a cannon for an arm. Powerful bat and can hit for average. Brennan McAllister at MTown as well.

Regan Hidalgo (AI), hands down the catcher to watch. Has excellent blocking skills. Offensive and defensive presence at the plate unmatched.

Colin Adams??? Who is that? Never heard of the kid and he is getting all this praise. If he is that good I think we would have heard about him before now....

confused0024.r191677.gif

Another kid who probably should be in the discussion is Duerr from Sanford. Not a traditional baseball powerhouse but he is strong defensively and can hit.

Probably should wait a couple more weeks to praise Adams, but he is going to be a good one. Played some last year at 3B, blocked at catcher by Zweir. Only a sophomore.

Regan Hidalgo isn't that the kid who blasted one out of Fraley Stadium last year, and had any article about it in the Wilmington paper?

ADVERTISEMENT