ADVERTISEMENT

Tracking LeBron

Uncle Bumfuzzled

D1AA Prospect
Sep 11, 2012
This is a once in a lifetime opportunity to witness the greatest.
lebron-tracker-update-010223.png

I don't know how many remember this but James played a few games in the First State when he was a senior in H.S. The games were in a Bobby Jacobs Holiday Tournament at the Beach. James turned pro shortly after that.

Reactions: Woody_Wood
The 2 championships Lebron got in Miami, he had a ton of help Dwade,Bosh,Ray Allen, Rashard Lewis, Juwan Johnson….in Cleveland he had Kyrie & KLove….Jordan’s supporting cast Pippen, Rodman before Rodman Horace Grant. Not even close imo

Reactions: J12
The 2 championships Lebron got in Miami, he had a ton of help Dwade,Bosh,Ray Allen, Rashard Lewis, Juwan Johnson….in Cleveland he had Kyrie & KLove….Jordan’s supporting cast Pippen, Rodman before Rodman Horace Grant. Not even close imo
I have no dog in the fight & love the debate…but let’s not leave out the shooters that were placed around Jordan such as Craig Hodges (won the 3-point contest 3 years in a row & the only other player to do that was Larry Bird), John Paxson (hit the game-winning 3 to close out one of MJ’s 3-peats) & of course Steve Kerr who is one of best shooters I have seen & also won a 3-point contest I believe. Ijs…LoL

Nice point but I would rather have Ray Allen & DWade as my 2 & 3 over any of those guys you just named, especially in a best of 7

@Uncle Bumfuzzled & @J12, what about the level of competition Jordan played against. Definitely a different style of basketball. From the Detroit Bad Boys, the Celtics at the Garden, Knicks with Ewing and Oakley. Not sure super flopper Bron could handle getting beat up by some of those teams night after night

Reactions: Woody_Wood and J12
Wasn’t going to bring up the 9 all defensive teams MJ made compared to Brons 5. Look MJ was doing both sides of the court

Might bring up that Bron isn’t a great free throw shooter either, career 73% vs MJ 83%…game winning shot MJ 50% Bron 43%.

@Uncle Bumfuzzled & @J12, what about the level of competition Jordan played against. Definitely a different style of basketball. From the Detroit Bad Boys, the Celtics at the Garden, Knicks with Ewing and Oakley. Not sure super flopper Bron could handle getting beat up by some of those teams night after night
Much different style of basketball, I prefer the more physical game back then the way it was. It’s rare that a guy plays 82 games these days, and that’s with the refs not even allowing too much physicality…smh

Reactions: 84rider
KLove was a +19 in game 7 of the Cavs' championship win over the Warriors a few years back. He was the cog.

Getting back to Lebron's immense talent. Let's look at another framework. The 1973 World Champion Knicks. Their starters were Willis Reed (5), Dave DeBuschere (4), Bill Bradley (3), Earl Monroe (2) and Clyde Frazier (1). I consider them to be the forerunners to today's more fluid game. Lebron could have stepped in and played any position on the court and would have probably improved the Knicks in 4 of the 5 positions and improved a World Championship team. What other player could have come close to doing that in any era.

Another gent in the the conversation of Top 5-10 would be the Oscar Robertson. Blessed to have seen him play a few times in person.

Loved that Piston's team. They were the basketball equivalent of the mid 1970's Philadelphia Flyers. Yes, that was a more physical era. I think Lebron would have done fine in that time frame....and he wouldn't have left the NBA to play baseball for a couple of years. Then, again, I can see Lebron being Aaron Judge like. (Now, that was to make Rider smile....)

Loved that Piston's team. They were the basketball equivalent of the mid 1970's Philadelphia Flyers. Yes, that was a more physical era. I think Lebron would have done fine in that time frame....and he wouldn't have left the NBA to play baseball for a couple of years. Then, again, I can see Lebron being Aaron Judge like. (Now, that was to make Rider smile....)

That did give me a chuckle I must confess. Lebron is a little soft imo. Big O, Reed, Earl the Pearl, (D) Senator Bradley and Frazier did not take games off. King of the flop, Great basketball player, top 5 but I have Lebron as a more athletic Karl Malone. My opinion only. I’m sure guys will have their own take on it this topic but I will be 57 this year,seen a lot of great players none more spectacular than 23.
Look mom no hands 🙌

Last edited:
Reactions: Uncle Bumfuzzled
rider said "none more spectacular than 23."

I can't disagree on the spectacular comment. I think Elgin was capable but it was such a different game back then. Doc had his moments....but night in night out on the spectacular scale...Jordan wins hands down....

Let us continue...

Always enjoyed watching George Gervin, then Michael came on the scene....none better IMHO. Lebron is great but he's what I call a compiler...lots of stats. Also let's not forget MJ's little baseball stint in the prime of his career, if not for that he might have 7 or 8 rings and Hakeem and company might not have any! No doubt Lebron would/could've have played in Jordan's era, but what would his stats look like? Now think about Jordan playing in Lebron era😲

That said I was telling my son the other night what a great event he is going to witness and be able to say he saw him play!

lebron-celtics-2.jpg

Don’t worry. This will be over soon enough. I am sure they will have this done in LA. I wonder if Kareem ( the greatest college player of all time) will be there in person to pass the torch. Thanks, Rider, for paying attention.

Lebron and the Lakers are 4-6 in their last 10 games. The only way he wins another championship is to go to or make another super team. Probably not going to happen.

Enough is enough! Long live the King…who passed Magic in assists this year. LeBron will end up with 40,000 Points…Blessed to have seen all the great NBA players except Mikan. Kareem is a towering intellect. Ain‘t nobody topping that with Russ coming close.
Lebron-James-Mixtape-Gold-v516x9-safezone-1.png

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT